This is a full resource port of PS2 Half-Life to PC. No ifs, ands or buts. This mod has an aim to be as close to the original as possible (even ugly 8-bit dithered skyboxes are included). This mod is also powered by custom DLL with such new entities as: "item_healthcharger", "item_recharge", "item_eyescanner", "item_generic", "env_warpball", "trigger_playerfreeze", "trigger_random", "env_warpball" and Blue Shift entities (vest, helmet, Rosenberg; useful for PS2 mods development). [Credits] Half-Life: Valve; PS2 Half-Life port: Gearbox; PS2 to PC port by supadupaplex. [Used tools] DLL was assembled and compiled in "Visual Studio Community" by MS; Code for Blue Shift entities was borrowed from here: "github.com/FWGS/hlsdk-xash3d/blob/blueshift/dlls/"; Maps were ported with Triang3l's "BS2PC"; Other resources were ported with my "PS2 HL tools"; Other tools: GIMP, MSPaint, Kratisto's mdldec, Blender, HL SDK, HxD.
This is an initial release of my PS2 to PC Half-Life port. All resources such as maps, models, sounds, music, sprites, decals, and skyboxes were ported directly from PS2 Half-Life. This mod also features custom DLL that includes all crucial PS2HL entities: "item_healthcharger", "item_recharge", "item_eyescanner", "item_generic", "env_warpball", "trigger_playerfreeze" and "trigger_random".
=== Requirements ===
- Windows XP is minimal supported OS
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is probably needed to play the mod
=== Installation ===
WON and Xash3D:
1) Put "ps2hl" folder in the Half-Life directory
2) Start Half-Life
3) Go to "Custom game", select "PS2 Half-Life", press "Activate" button
* On the first start Xash3D can crash at step 3, just keep repeating steps 2-3 it until it works or
try launching the mod with "Play_PS2_Half-Life.bat" file located in "ps2hl" folder
1) Put "ps2hl" folder in "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life"
2) Launch (or restart if running already) Steam, you should see "PS2 Half-Life" entry in games list
3) Launch "PS2 Half-Life"
You can also find some extra content in "ps2hl\!Extras" folder:
1) Graphics enhancements
2) Additional enhancements for Xash3D
P.S. If you like my work and want to buy me a beer =), you can do it here: paypal.me/AlexeyLN