Uber Arena is a mod that takes the standard gameplay of Quake 3 and attempts to build upon and revitalize it with new gameplay mechanics and items. It has NO loadouts, NO abilities, NO champions, NO item timers, NO mechanics that use random number generators, and NO on-spawn inequality. All mechanics were designed around Quake's core principles such as on-spawn equality, item control, positioning, and movement, with the intention of enhancing these critical gameplay elements and introducing more skill without undermining the foundations of the game itself.
This is version 0.2 of Uber Arena. Includes 3 new maps, a new Arc Lightning Gun upgrade for duel, light armor, conservation changes, and some visual / audio tweaks.
Version 0.2 of Uber Arena.
- Added 3 new maps:
- Added an alternate upgrade for the Arc Lightning Gun for duel mode only. It multiplies the LG's knockback 25 times, allowing for pinning enemies against walls.
- Added Light Armor (gives 25 armor points). The entity name used is identical to the one used by the CPMA mod, which means any maps that use CPMA's light armor will work with Uber Arena as well.
- Conservation now allows players to use weapons that have run out of ammo. In addition, the ammo and weapon pouch counters turn green while Conservation is active.
- Rampage now plays an ambient heartbeat noise while active.
- Ion Plasma Gun now plays its own unique bounce sounds, rather than using the grenade bounce sounds.
- A 3D weapon pouch model now appears next to the weapon pouch counter.
- Renamed Ammo Crate to Super Ammo Crate.
- All sounds converted from stereo to mono, for compatability with standard Quake 3.
- All 2D icons and trampoline surfaces are now unaffected by r_picmip.
- Entire codebase moved to the ioquake3 codebase. Does not affect compatability with standard Quake 3.