- Which game is Rise of Mordor being developed for?
Total War: Attila.
- I can't find Rise of Mordor on Steam. Is something wrong?
The mod was removed from Steam by the request of CA; they flagged it according to their policies seeking to counter any legal issues on their end. Any mod titled "Rise of Mordor" on the Steam Workshop is counterfeit and not ours. Any person uploading it does not have our permission to do so and should be reported. The most recent legitimate version of Rise of Mordor will be uploaded to, and can only be found on, ModDB.
- So, what’s up with Rise of Mordor?
The old team have left. The new team have taken up all the fragments that were left. We became king of the ashes and now we are on the rise once more. We have formed a collective of motivated individuals that are willing to learn, are loyal to the mod's development and share a passion for Tolkien’s inspiring franchise. While it was more difficult than ever to take up this long quest, we are growing stronger with every release. If we do not find a way, no one will! There has never been much hope; a fools hope, but hope nonetheless. We go onward to new glory!
- What is the path this team is taking?
We hope for more frequent releases - the aim being 3-4 a year. We will keep pumping out units and our main focus is currently Mordor and Rohan, as well as many appealing, beautiful-looking and highly interesting battle maps, with custom architecture for Gondor.
Moreover, we are ever determined to modify anything that seems impossible to modify. Fully custom walls with custom animations seemed impossible, yet we did it. Modding music and audio seemed impossible, but is not quite so! The only way forward is to step onto the road.
- Why not move to another Total War title?
Despite the difficulties with modding Attila, Total War: WARHAMMER isn’t any better. More vitally, the modding allowed there in terms of policy is far more restricted. Moving to older versions is of no use either.
- Where can I find updates or meet The New Team?
Right here - on our Discord server! Join our lively Discord community, stay in touch with us and meet fellow Rise of Mordor players!
- Where's the campaign?! I wanted a campaign!
A campaign is possible but not set in stone. Due to limitations of the Attila mod tools, a campaign will take a long time to produce.
- Which factions will be included in Rise of Mordor?
19 factions are planned for the 1.0 release. These are: Arnor, Gondor, Anduin-Vale, Rohan, Dale, Erebor, Ered Luin, Dunland, Rhun, Harad, Imladris, Lindon, Lothlorien, Woodland Realm, Isengard, Mordor, Dol Guldur, Gundabad and Goblins of the Misty Mountains. Subject to change.
- What is the order of priority of factions to come?
Isengard, Mordor, Rohan, Imladris, Rhun, Harad, Erebor.... Further details than this are undecided at the mod's current stage of development.
- When will Rise of Mordor be fully released? Will it cost money?
Rise of Mordor is far from release, and will likely take some more years of passionate development to reach a 'complete' state. Rise of Mordor will NOT cost money.
- Does the team accept donations?
The team does NOT accept donations and does not intend on doing so anytime in the future.
- I have installed the mod but can't find any elves!
Rise of Mordor does not currently have elves. Any elves you may see online or through any other methods are from the unofficial submod "LOTR Galahdrim Elves Mod", which can be found on the Steam Workshop.
- Will Rise of Mordor feature custom units such as trolls and wargs?
- Will dwarves have access to the 'goat cavalry' seen in The Hobbit films?
No, 'goat cavalry' is not being worked on by the team. However, it is possible a submod may emerge much later.
- Will there be custom settlements?
Yes, such as Cair-Andros, Osgiliath, etc.
- Is any DLC required to play Rise of Mordor?
No, only a legal copy of Total War: Attila is required to play.
- What's the deal with Bannerlord?
Rise of Mordor will likely never move to Bannerlord. For a Lord of the Rings conversion of Bannerlord, please see the Kingdoms of Arda mod that is currently being developed by a completely different team.
- Is the development team looking for testers?
No, not currently.
- How can I help?
What we need are 3D Character Artists, 3D Building/Environment Artists and Character Animators. You can also help out the team by contacting 3D Artists or Animators you know who meet the level of quality that is expected, and informing them about the mod in case they'd like to apply to join the team.
The requirements are as follows:
- Willing to register on Trello for purposes of collaboration
- A working e-mail address
- An active Steam account
- Ability to work at least two days a week
- Proper English language skills
- Volition to push the project forward
- No hesitation to enter new environments in the world of game development and game modification
- Huge interest in the universe of "The Lord of the Rings
- Are designs in Rise of Mordor based on any other mod or game?
No. All designs are inspired by logic, lore (the books) and the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit films.
- Will custom characters such as Sauron be added?
Yes. However, a custom unit takes an equal amount of time to create as any other unit, so they will be delayed until the full release or shortly after.
Some questions about our mod have been asked over and over again. Hopefully this thread will help to answer some of them.
Posted by Caligula_ on