The Great Jedi Purge has spread throughout the galaxy with devastating results. Recent sighting of a Jedi fugitive in the Anodea system has led the Emperor to order Darth Vader - the Dark Lord of the Sith - to make sure that this Jedi won't leave this realm alive under ANY circumstance.
No more tech support, sorry. Even if you have the Steam JK or don't have JK at all this tool will legally download the JK 1.01 binary from LucasArts' FTP and then use patches here on JKHub to patch it to JK 1.00 and JKUP.
No more tech support, sorry.
JKVersions created by The_MAZZTer ( Jkhub.net )
Even if you have the Steam JK or don't have JK at all this tool will legally download the JK 1.01 binary from LucasArts' FTP and then use patches here on JKHub to patch it to JK 1.00 and JKUP.
It works correctly with a Limited User account on XP, but apparently not with Vista. You may need to run as administrator by right clicking the program.
[UPDATE - Mar 21st 2020] New version uploaded.
Because of the millions of different hardware and software combinations possible with today's personal computers, under no circumstances including negligence shall FastGamerr, The_MAZZTer or anyone else be held liable for any incidental, special, consequential or any other damages that may result from the use or inability to use this mod/add-on/tool content.
Uses the official LucasArts Star Wars: Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight 1.0.1 patch to generate three different versions of the main JK.EXE binary suitable for using mods (or bypassing Steam DRM).
This program does the following:
- Downloads the JK 1.0.1 patch (from jkhub.net)
- Extracts 7za.exe (and license) from itself.
- Extracts the full JK.EXE included in the path.
- Downloads two patches from jkhub.net to patch the file to 1.0 and a different patch which applies a community-made changes to the game.
- Applies the patches using the tool included in the patch downloads.
- Verifies resources were patched correctly using SHA1 hashes.
- Backs up your original Steam executable (if you have the Steam version of Jedi Knight).
- Installs the files into your Jedi Knight directory (into patches, which is where my other Jedi Knight tool Knight can find them to use them).
This project is a Visual Studio 2017 project. It may work with earlier versions but you may have to recreate the project files.
New for version 2.0.1:
- Fixed JK-Extensions.dll for the Unofficial Patch not getting dropped in the game folder.