Introduction to the current world situation in the mod- Youtube.com
Witcher Kings is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 2 based upon the world of the popular Witcher series. In this mod you will experience the world of the Witcher in a new light. Play a key part in the politics of the continent, and determine its future as you see fit. Engage in warfare and acts of intrigue to fulfill your ambitions in this lore-rich world. Associate or do battle with some of your favorite characters from the series. If you love the Witcher series and enjoy Crusader Kings 2, then without further ado, we present this mod to you. Download and enjoy.
Play as the great monarchs and lords of the Northern Kingdoms!
Colossal Nilfgaardian Empire under Emhyr Var Emreis
Fully playable humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, and dryads
Create your own empire as the elves or dwarves and push out the other races
Sorceresses, sorcerers, witches, and druids
Ability to support the Scoia'tael in secret
Events from games and books
Many, Many more things as well.
P.S. We need people to help us, there is currently only two people working on this mod right now. Anyone looking to help with the mod contact me and I will get you set up.
If you want me to elaborate more on the features of the mod just feel free to ask. We are really trying to get this mod moving faster, progress has slowed significantly but with your help we could have ourselves a truly spectacular mod.
JonStryker is the main guy to talk to about getting started. I'm mainly putting this post out there as a recruitment add. We need more people. And there has to be somebody who's interested enough to partake in the development process.
First of all, happy new year ! Wishing the mod sees many contributions and more releases this year :)
This 0.10.0 release - "The Witcher 3 update" - is an important milestone for the mod, as it contains some work started 1 year 1/2 ago (in July 2017 !), in addition to compatibility with major patch 3.0 that came out with Holy Fury expansion end of last year.
You will find some bloody details on the content below - blood splatters, bloodlines, bloody baron and 3rd Northern war bloodshed - there are all covered here ! xD
Modders that have directly contributed to this release: ajjr1996 (testing), Audiate (Skellige map redesign), Romulien (compatching), TerryDuke (bugfixing), TLMC (W3 bookmark).
or manual .zip install (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Compatible with: 3.0.1 (CDYZ)
Mod checksum: 3.0.1 (HLBR)
It is NOT save-compatible with any previous version.
The mod is also available on CK2 Steam Workshop
For questions and more information on the mod, checkout first the Witcher Kings wiki page.
The potential of the mod is huge, and we're lacking manpower, while there's still a lot of ideas to be implemented ! You can help by:
We've added a bookmark for the start of The Witcher 3 video game.
Since some elements depend on choices made in The Witcher 2, we've used as "canon" the default choices when you don't simulate a save, and scripted them in the mod history files.
Some dynasties have been added (Strenger, von Everec, var Moehoen).
Now is the bookmark balanced ? The map is quite frightening ! But Nilfgaard is really at the limit of over-expansion so anything is actually possible...
Players were quite confused about the state of Skellige.
When creating the map, JonStryker took into account some leaked info on Skellige before the release of TW3, so it felt somehow familiar but also not the same at the game.
Undvik island and Tor Gvalch'ca mage tower have been added in the process, though the island is inhabited in W2/W3 timeframe, and there's no colonization mechanics yet.
The Witcher 3 interactive map was quite helpful in the process.
The map modding was quite a painful and complex process though, hopefully we won't need other redesigns :)
Vanilla patch 3.0 was massive and we'll probably need a few more iteration to use the full potential of its modding features.
The idea, as always, was to benefit from vanilla features to improve existing mechanics and/or expand the mod depth with free content and low effort.
The old blood traits have been transformed into historical bloodlines !
The mythical clans of Skellige also have their bloodlines.
Most Holy Fury custom bloodlines should also trigger.
Patch 3.0 has almost doubled the number of portrait properties. Since the mod has many custom races, they had to be updated to be able to use some of these:
Any custom trait, culture or religion can now have an associated opinion modifier that can be used in anywhere else (traits, bloodlines, ...) !
Racist, tolerant and racial traits have been reworked using this capability in order to be more fine grained and understandable.
This is still work in progress, but merging of vanilla files was done with the idea to be compatible with random worlds, as it has lots of cool potential:
Now there's quite some work still left to be done as parts of vanilla scripts had been disabled in the past (ex: crusades) as they didn't make sense in the lore, so they would need to be "re-enabled" for randomized religion features.
Compatibility with vanilla 3.0.1 #109
This release is NOT save-compatible with previous releases.
- Add a 3rd Northern war (TW3) bookmark in 1275: #40
- Add some TW3 characters. Some history is based on default pre-set of TW2 choices.
- Add some TW3 dynasties (Strenger, von Everec, var Moehoen).
- Rename b_niemborg into b_kasztel_wronce
- Reduce the size of Impera Brigade
- Tweak AOK events to fire only with TW2 bookmark
- Add some Nilfgaardian cultural localization of minor titles
- Add semi-canon trait for characters created by CD Project
- Adapt Skellige map to TW3 #49
- Note: placeholder maps are used for lighting, trees and colormap.
- Remove province 648 (Orno) i.e. Skellige 7th island
- Province 647 has moved from An Skellig to Ard Skellig
- Switch province 645 (c_kaer_trolde) and 143 (c_skardh)
- Adapt and rename counties (c_berjadalsa => c_gedyneith, c_skardh => c_fyresdal, c_thingeyrar => c_kaer_muir)
- Put each clan on the correct islands
- Add some baronies from TW3
- Add Tor Gvalch'ca mage tower
- Add clan Tordarroch
- Add Skellige founder heroes and their bloodlines
- Transform blood traits into historical bloodlines #111
- Switch Nilfgaard government to Roman imperial.
- Use new vanilla ethnicities from portrait packs, if available:
- westernslavicgfx for Redanian
- germangfx for Koviri
- italiangfx for Lyrian
- englishgfx for Maechts
- magyargfx for Ebbing
- southerngfx for Gesoan
- trueoccitangfx for Toussaint
- mongolgfx for Haak
- Rebalance personal combat to align with vanilla
- Support new portrait layers and properties on custom ethnicities:
- p20 Freckles
- p21 Physique (missing for dwarves and gnomes)
- p22 Pale
- p23 Black eye
- p24 Harelip (missing for dryads)
- p25/p26 Tiered scars
- p27 Blood splatters
- p30 Demon child
- Move pre-rendered character portraits to p37/p38
- Give cardinal clothing to Eternal fire council of electors
- Give special helmets to the military orders
- Add very basic support for Holy Fury random worlds
- Adapt some tactics to cultures and custom traits
- Disable cleanly male temple holders for Melitele, Freya and Dryads.
- Increase infamy of Nilfgaard invasion CB
- Improve Eternal fire religion icon
- Rework racist/tolerant and racial trait opinion modifiers using modifier definitions
- Add pre-rendered portrait for Siegfried of Denesle, courtesy of Ardin
- Fix many rendering bugs of gnome portraits
- Fix events for Zireael and Brisingamen artifacts
- Fix druid cures illness event bad scoping and confusing effects #106
- Add missing text for opinion_increased_crown_obligation #102
- Remove trailing "/n" in text about Mecopteran bones #98
- Fix typo on loading tip for "poprtraits" #100
- Fix Meve dynasty using Rivian dynasty flag
- Fix format of c_tor_melyn flag
- Fix some missing gods localization
- Limit AI dryad use of make tributary CB
- Prevent AI dryad to convert to feudalism
- Tune ambition chances for sorcerers
- Prevent mages to alter culture of mage tower provinces
- Tune mage tower events to be more frequent
- Activate some pruning at wilderness court
- Create noreligion icon for easier troubleshooting
- Prevent conflict between religion and culture with same name
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Compatible with vanilla 3.0.1 Installation instructions bellow.
Compatible with vanilla 22.214.171.124 Installation instructions bellow.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.