Witcher Kings is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 2 set in the rich fantasy world of The Witcher.
Play a key part in the politics of the Continent, and determine its future as you see fit. Engage in warfare and acts of intrigue to fulfill your ambitions in this lore-rich world. Associate or do battle with some of your favorite characters from the series. If you love the Witcher series and enjoy Crusader Kings 2, then without further ado, we present this mod to you. Download and enjoy !
Introduction to the current world situation in the mod:
This 0.11.0 release brings compatibility with latest CK2 patch 3.2.1.
It fixes some annoying bugs like the court chaplains appointment or some missing pre-rendered portraits.
But it also makes use of some new or neglected CK2 features:
or manual .zip install (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Compatible with: 3.2.1 (AZCE) or 3.3.0 (XDSW)
Mod checksum: 3.2.1 (FQOF) or 3.3.0 (DTPP)
Note: you'll still get a checksum warning popup with 3.3.0
It is NOT save-compatible with any previous version.
The mod is also available on CK2 Steam Workshop
For questions and more information on the mod, checkout first the Witcher Kings wiki page.
The potential of the mod is huge, and we're lacking manpower, while there's still a lot of ideas to be implemented ! You can help by:
When 4 years ago I proposed my help to JonStryker and ajjr, my motivation was to not let the mod die.
Mainly because there were thousands of hours of work already invested by the creators and contributors.
It's a vicious cycle when a mod is not compatible with latest CK2 version - there are much less players ready to rollback, less feedback, less chances of modding contributions given the size of the work to do, etc.
I had good knowledge of CK2 modding, thanks to my contributions to WtWSMS and Ancient Religions Reborn mods, so I hoped I could keep the mod up to date with the base game, without too much work :)
That was underestimating a few things:
We don't know what the future holds for CK2, but the mod has not died so far, so it's been a success :)
If CK2 patches were to stop, people would still be able to play the mod years from now (with 1 click installation from Steam) !
Finally some societies are present in the mod !
It's mostly only custom localization and custom UI on top of vanilla existing scripts (hence Monks & Mystics DLC is mandatory), but it's a good basis to later add custom powers or features.
First the Coram Agh Tera religion has been transformed into an demon worshipper society, based off vanilla Lucifer's Own.
It is accessible to characters with Melitele, Kreve, Lebioda, Eternal Fire or Solar religion.
The Svalblod cult is accessible to Freya and Druidic characters, and is based off vanilla Fellowship of Hel.
A Lilit cult - accessible to Yer characters - may spread after a Haak invasion. It is based off the vanilla Plaguebringers.
All these dark cults have some common pre-requisites:
It is based off the vanilla Hermetics society.
Something that could be interesting in the future is a real alchemy system !
A placeholder Witcher society has been added:
It mostly helps keeping track of witchers and prevents them from joining other societies.
So no, Witchers have not been made playable in this update. But this is maybe a tiny step towards that goal.
In the future, the monster infestations might be re-written as society quests.
Other interesting things I have in mind would be quests about lifting curses or investigating suspicious murders.
The following great works from the lore have been added:
Some pre-requisites in vanilla scripts have been adjusted to the lore.
The most time consuming part was nudging positions.txt to display great works on the map.
The maritime trade route from Ofier to Pont Vanis has been added.
Ofier is not on the map, so it is symbolized via an off-map 1 pixel county.
The trade route should make the game more interesting when playing as Kovir & Poviss or Novigrad, fighting for control of trade posts.
Note that it requires Horse Lords or Jade Dragon DLC.
Some icons have been added to the mod custom targeted decisions:
Druidic baronies have been renamed to circle, and their settlement image has been improved:
Compatibility with vanilla 3.2.1 #129
This release is probably NOT save-compatible with previous releases (map changes).
- Add maritime trade route with Ofier #55
- Integrate vanilla great works
- Configure some historical great works #130
- Nudge positions.txt to display great works on the map
- Adapt great works conditions to the lore
- Disable great works within mage towers and wilderness provinces
- Add dark/satanist cults #41
- Transform Coram Agh Tera religion into a dark cult based off vanilla Lucifer's Own society
- Add Svalblod cult, based off vanilla Fellowship of Hel society
- Add Lilit cult, based off vanilla Plaguebringers society
- Adapt vanilla Hermetics into Alchemists guild #45
- Add a placeholder Witcher society #42
- Add Hugo of Rivia (32410)
- Add "the Seer" nickname
- Add personality traits to some canon characters
- Add settlment and title decisions to grant an abandoned de jure mage tower to an unlanded sorcerer in court #96
- Add icons for diplomatic decisions
- Rename druidic temples into circles
- Change the faith of Toussaint to Prophet Lebioda, and re-arrange its holy sites
- Fix Blood of Dezmod by making Bienvenu La Louve marriage matrilineal
- Disallow bastards for historical bloodlines #116
- Fix Bran not being King of Skellige on W2 timeframe
- Fix imperial elective in Nilfgaard title history, causing reset to feudal government
- Fix "Veronica" name from lyrian culture starting with lowercase
- Fix rulers unable to appoint court chaplains #117
- Remove prosperity/depopulation mechanics for mage towers and wilderness provinces
- Fix nomad agitation triggering on mage towers or temple-only provinces and making province tribal/nomadic #119 #121
- Disable elf/dwarf courtier marriages for the AI to avoid court bloating
- Remove negative wealth events for wilderness
- Make c_thanedd de jure vassal of d_gors_velen, to solve de jure drift issues #96
- Reduce MTTH for son wants to become druid event #123
- Reduce AI chances to convert to druidic religion #123
- Reduce MTTH for druid spawning if no druidic province or holy site in realm
- Fix druidic circle holdings picture
- Fix Lover's Pox not being cured by magic #108
- Fix heal spell not removing Reaper's Due on-going treatments or disease levels
- Add a menopause hidden modifier
- Move artifacts generation from events to startup spawning, to prevent infinite generation
- Exclude witchers from "order to take the vows" and "assemble mercenary company"
- Fix duplicated "Preposterous, woman can't be a Marshal!" event options for all jobs
- Remove broken usage of job_mage as a localization scope #105
- Fix bad scope in drowners letter event #97
- Fix some missing pre-rendered portraits. Now using only vanilla layers p11 and p36, for better compatibility with portrait DLCs.
- Tweak government flavors to avoid defaulting to Indian Absolute Kingdom
Witcher Kings is a total conversion for Crusader Kings 2 set in the universe of The Witcher. Witcher Kings v0.10.0 - "The Witcher 3 update" - is now released...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Compatible with vanilla 3.2.1 / 3.3.0 Installation instructions bellow.
Compatible with vanilla 3.0.1 Installation instructions bellow.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.