READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW! AotR 5.1 is a bugfix and balance patch for AotR 5.0.
Time for bugfixes and balance changes!
For a full list of changes, please refer to the CHANGELIST.
HOW TO INSTALL
First, make sure your RotWK is patched to 2.02 v8.0.1. Make sure that Edain, if installed, is disabled.
- Download AotR_Version_5.1.rar
- Unzip both of the files in AotR_Version_5.1.rar to the same location (if you can't open the file, download Winrar or 7zip)
- Run installer.exe (if it doesn't work, please run it as Administrator) Make sure not to install over a previous version. Always install to a new location.
- The installer creates a shortcut to Age of the Ring 5.1 on your desktop
For using T3A:Online, nothing has changed - just make sure RotWK is hooked from the T3A:Online Launcher.
For using Gameranger, the process has been simplified:
- Open Gameranger
- Go to Edit > Options...
- Find and select Rise of the Witch-king
- Under Location, select Browse
- Browse to your Age of the Ring 5.1 installation folder and select lotrbfme2ep1.exe, then click Open.
To play normal RotWK, reverse this process by selecting lotrbfme2ep1 from RotWK's installation folder.
********** PLEASE READ BELOW **********
- This is a full version. You don't need to have previous mod versions installed.
- You don't have to uninstall previous versions, but you might as well to save space.
- AotR 5.0 does NOT yet support 2.02 v8.2.0. To play Age of the Ring, either don't update to the latest 2.02 version or use the 2.02 launcher to set your Rise of the Witch-king to v8.0.1.
- You don't have to uninstall previous versions, but you might as well to save space. To uninstall Age of the Ring 5.0, simply delete the Age of the Ring 5.0 folder and shortcut. However, make sure not to install over a previous version. Always install to a new location.
Having trouble? Join us on Discord and use the #Support channel.
The Age of the Ring Team