10-6, operators. v2 is already well underway, and the majority of the changes in this patch will be addressing some bugs and a few important new features.
The source code (as well as any development files) will now be available through Github in addition to being packaged as a .zip alongside releases. You can find the source code here:
Two major new features are included in v2. In the audio options, you will find a new checkbox: Use Speech Commands. With this enabled, a microphone plugged in, and the Microsoft Speech Recognition Runtime installed, you can now issue commands with your voice in addition to the Graphical or Classic Command Interface. This feature has support for all of the original SWAT 4 commands as well as the new ones added (or will be added) in SWAT: Elite Force.
Another new feature, although a little less interesting, is that your AI-controlled officers will now automatically report suspects and civilians that they restrain. This feature uses the CO-OP sound effects, and although TOC currently doesn't reply to what they report, it's something that I'm working on. This will be paving the way for a few new quality-of-life features.
Here is a full list of changes that are in v2 (so far):
- New Feature: Speech Recognition. Enable it in Audio Options
- You can now pick up evidence through restrained suspects, and all hostages (except live, unrestrained individuals)
- AI-controlled officers will now automatically report suspects/hostages that they restrain
- Fixed a bug that caused the Heavy Armor to have texture issues due to StaticLoadout.ini missing
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI-controlled officers to not deploy pepperball gun if it was their secondary weapon
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI-controlled officers to not deploy grenade launcher if it was their secondary weapon
- Fixed a bug where grenades in the DEPLOY >> submenu would not be greyed out if officers didn't have them (vanilla bug?)
- Fixed a bug where DROP LIGHTSTICK would not be greyed out if there was no officer with a lightstick
- MIRROR UNDER DOOR and CHECK FOR TRAPS now obeys the stack-up positioning and stacks up the squad on the door.
- Fixed: Children of Taronne has traps bolted onto incorrect bones
- Fixed: Children of Taronne has a trap on the wrong side
- 'Show Subtitles' moved to Audio Options
v2 will drop sometime in the next few weeks. Currently progress has been stalled due to a lack of air conditioning. In the meantime, you can follow progress on individual changes on the Github page, and stay frosty for any additional details.