This is an outdated patch. Please use the latest version, v7.
If you have not installed SWAT: Elite Force v6 or have upgraded to v6 from v5, do that first. The Stetchkov Syndicate Expansion (included in the GOG.com release) is required to play SWAT: Elite Force.
If you do not follow the above instructions, you WILL get an error upon starting the game! If you have installed v6.1 or v6.2 previously, you do not need to reinstall SWAT: Elite Force, just use this patch.
To install this patch, just copy the (whole) folder from the .zip file into your SWAT 4 directory, where the game is installed. It will ask you to overwrite some files, this is normal.
The following changes are changes made in this patch. For a full list of what the mod changes, please view the README.md (openable in any text editor, but a Markdown viewer or Notepad++ will display the best formatting)
- Added the option to go without helmet/armor/tactical items, for keeping weight and bulk low. (You must still pack both weapons)
- Nerfed flashbang damage and damage radius (stun properties unaffected)
- DuPlessi's civilians now bleed out on a 15-25 minute timer, instead of a 10-15 minute timer.
- Empathy morale modifiers are now based on line of sight and don't affect everyone in the same room at once.
- Lightsticks are now colored based on team. (Lead in Singleplayer uses green lightsticks)
- AI-controlled officers no longer stare at/watch restrained targets.
- Added a new tab to the Host Game menu: Voting. From this tab, you can enable/disable voting, as well as enable/disable specific kinds of voting, such as Ban and Map votes. There are also other settings, like how long a vote takes, etc.
- Added a new tab to the Host Game menu: Equipment. From this tab, you can disable specific equipment and pick a designated "less lethal" loadout. Disabled equipment will not show in the Loadout menu.
- The chat log and admin logs have been merged together.
- Added the option to have either multiple logs per day, or one large chatlog.
- Added the option to configure the chatlog name (in SwatGuiState.ini)
- The log now removes colored/bold/italic/underline tags, for better readability.
- Greatly improved the speed (and in multiplayer, reduced the bandwidth) of opening the equipment page and switching tabs.
- Location data in the chat can now be turned off (for the server) in SwatGuiState.ini
- Voting settings are now stored in SwatGuiState.ini (instead of Swat4x/Swat4xDedicatedServer.ini)
- Tweaked the collision of lightsticks a little bit
- Restored a cut TSS feature where lightsticks would lose their glow and become "faded" in appearance.
- Ingame admin logins now persist across level changes
- Player mute status now persists across level changes
- Added a new type of voting: Start Map
- New admin permission: Force player to Spectator
- New admin permission: Go to Spectator
- New admin permission: Force Less Lethal loadout
- WebAdmin: Now has an option to select players or map actions, in addition to performing them via command.
- WebAdmin: Now displays tags ([b], etc) correctly.
- WebAdmin: Now has messages colored in a similar way to how they are ingame.
- WebAdmin: Now shows the friendly name of the weapon that killed/incapacitated someone, instead of the class name (ie, "HK33" instead of "SwatEquipment.HK33MG")
- WebAdmin: When entering a command wrong, it lists the usage of the command instead of silently failing.
- WebAdmin: Added commands /forcespec, /switch, /nextmap, /startgame, and /abortgame, /forcell.
- WebAdmin: Minor look/feel changes
- Fixed SEF bug: When a player dies, it lists the killer instead of the person who died as "fallen"
- Fixed SEF bug: When a target is incapacitated with a taser or a C2 explosion, it states "None.None" as the damage type.
- Fixed SEF bug: When a target is incapacitated or killed with beanbags, direct grenade impacts, or triple baton rounds, the damage type was blank.
- Fixed SEF bug: When a player triggers a trap, the penalty message does not show their name.
- Fixed SEF bug: Bulk amount could go negative on the display
- Fixed SEF bug: The admin panel player list would reset which player was selected constantly
- Fixed SEF bug: Sometimes your equipment would change back to being an AKM/Browning Hi-Power in Multiplayer.
- Fixed SEF bug: Wedges weighed less than they were supposed to.
- Fixed SEF bug: Heavies would not show their skin properly in multiplayer games.
- Fixed SEF bug: Server crash on GetRoomName
- Fixed SEF bug: Typo in the X2 Stun Gun description
- Fixed SEF bug: Heavy Armor health amount was stuck at 100% in multiplayer
- Fixed SEF bug: Some stuff was not greyed out in the Admin panel when a player viewed the "Server Setup" tab like it should have been
- Fixed TSS bug: In CO-OP, suspect skins were visible but not usable (now, all skins can be used in co-op)