This is an outdated patch. Please use the latest patch.
If you have not installed SWAT: Elite Force v6 or have upgraded to v6 from v5, do that first. The Stetchkov Syndicate Expansion (included in the GOG.com release) is required to play SWAT: Elite Force. If you do not follow these instructions correctly, you will get an error upon starting the game.
To install this patch, just copy the (whole) folder from the .zip file into your SWAT 4 directory, where the game is installed. It will ask you to overwrite some files, this is normal.
The following changes are changes made in this patch. For a full list of what the mod changes, please view the README.md (openable in any text editor, but a Markdown viewer or Notepad++ will display the best formatting)
- The accuracy system has been overhauled entirely. Weapons are easier to aim in general now.
- Added an admin system to the game, featuring customizable roles and an MOTD system. For more information, check out the "Admin System" section of "HOW TO PLAY IN MULTIPLAYER."
- A new mechanic has been added: Empathy Modifiers. Whenever you stun a target with a less-lethal piece of equipment (taser, pepper spray, beanbags, stinger grenades, punching, ... but not CS gas, flashbangs or pepperball gun), there is a chance that nearby civilians will feel the same morale modification. This will make it much less tedious to pepper spray all civilians in a room on maps like Mt. Threshold Research Center or A-Bomb Nightclub, where there are many uncompliant civilians.
- Bulk now affects your weapon switching and reloading speed. Having less bulk means that you will reload your weapons faster and switch between equipment faster.
- Added a new button, 'Pick Random Map', to the All Missions mission selection screen. Clicking the button will pick a random map to play. (You can click it over and over again until you find a map that you would like.)
- Added a Map Filter combobox to the Host Game menu. You can filter maps in the list by their source (All Maps, Custom Maps or Stock Maps)
- When hosting a game, you can now enable/disable the timer at the beginning or end of a map.
- Redid the lighting on Brewer County Courthouse
- A LOT of cut speech was restored, including: "arrested" lines by the player and AI officers, lines when the player goes rogue, AI responses to commands, AI responses to dead suspects, civilian lines when shot at, and a lot of the FunTime drug dealer lines
- Named speakers from the TSS missions will now be labeled as such in their subtitles. For example, Andrew Norman will appear as "Andrew Norman" instead of "Male Suspect" (*). Band Members from Sellers Street Auditorium are labeled as such, and aren't "Male Civilian"
- More blood will appear when shooting something
- Suspects are now considered threats when they move towards a hostage for the purpose of threatening them.
- Reduced suspect and civilian field of view (120 -> 80)
- Increased officer field of view (120 -> 180)
- Officers now turn faster, at the same speed suspects do.
- Officers will no longer report that they are busy when issued an order.
- Officers react faster to suspects.
- Officers will no longer take cover if they are very close to a suspect
- Officers use the same take-cover time as highly-skilled suspects do
- Officers will clear rooms quicker
- Officers will listen to (and respond to) sounds even when they have a current enemy
- Suspects drop their weapons when cowering
- Suspects are no longer a threat when cowering
- Reduced the amount of sway on the sniper scope
- Added a little blurb of text on the Campaign menu to better explain what each career path does
"Fixed TSS Bug" refers to fixed bugs which existed in the original game. "Fixed SEF Bug" refers to fixed bugs which were introduced in SWAT: Elite Force.
- Fixed P90 flashlight
- Fixed M4Super90 iron sights position
- Fixed ambient sounds and scripted conversations on Meat Barn Restaurant
- Fixed multiplayer spawn points on Brewer County Courthouse
- Fixed SEF bug: Wild Gunner delay not working (fixed for real this time)
- Fixed SEF bug: Breaching ammo would never breach the door. (It now has a 50% chance to breach a metal door, and 75% chance to breach a wooden door, unless a Breaching Shotgun is used)
- Fixed SEF bug: Some Sovereign Citizen lines did not play correctly
- Fixed SEF bug: Magazine count display on equipment panels only showed 2 digits (so pepperball only displayed as "20")
- Fixed SEF bug: A suspect or civilian who was cuffed and then reported, then incapacitated or killed, would count as "failed to report downed suspect" even though they were already reported.
- Fixed SEF bug: Using the "say" command in the dedicated server or MarkMods WebAdmin panel would crash the server
- Fixed SEF bug: Deleting a campaign wouldn't wipe its stats or permadeath status, so creating another one of the same name would result in bugs
- Fixed SEF bug: M4A1 Suppressed in third person had a glowing silencer
- Fixed SEF bug: HK33 had wrong model in third person
- Fixed SEF bug: MP5SSD6 had fingers covering the iron sights
- Fixed SEF bug: Creating a QMM with no civilians lead to a maximum score of 90/100 due to a bug in the way All Civilians Unharmed score was calculated
- Fixed TSS bug: Spoken lines by TOC on TSS missions would cut off if the player used the shout button
- Fixed TSS bug: Some incorrect subtitles
- Fixed TSS bug: Using the Bulgarian Drug Worker as a suspect in QMM will no longer cause sound bugs