New: Quest for your recipes in order to master your trade! New workstations, weapons, balances, and more!
Updated For Alpha 15!
We have added a questing system to the classes now. What this means is when you spawn into your world, you will start with a main class book. From there, you will craft it into one of the ten classes, then read the class quest sheet to begin your journey to mastery.
the block of text from Noah upon first spawn has been altered to guide you on your first steps through SteelMod, so please read it as to not miss out on what to do.
The custom items have been added to the economy with the new addition of vending machines and traders. Now, any player without a certain class can buy class specific items at the seller's discretion. Build, or break, your server economy!
With the release of SteelMod v6, we no longer have to rely on the "Single Player" and "Co/op Server" versions. Questing for your jobs makes it single player and co/op friendly! Host it on a server, or play it with your best bud, it will run just as it should.
Here are the official notes to summarize all changes for SteelMod v6:
- Old system of classes has been changed : Player can choose any class starting at level 1, then choose a 2nd and 3rd claass at level 50 and 100 for a total of 3 class over the 10 available.
- You can choose the same class 2 times, But don't do that! Classes do not change depending on the level you choose it from.
- The names of the 10 class that are available are (in order) : Craftsman, Gunsmith, Mercenary, Chef, Engineer, Survivalist, Doctor, Carpenter, Merchant, Farmer.
- Similar classes that follow each other in previous mod versions (Gunsmith => Arms dealer, Craftsman => blacksmith ...) are now merged.
- Added Bolt, Wire, & Electronic Scrap to small & large TV, as well as fallen TV's
- Increased Bolt & Wire count in Control Panels
- Added Bolt & Spring to Oven
- Added Steel Filter to Granite Sink Harvest
- Added Fire AK47 & Bullet
- Added 4 new arrow types: Poison Arrow, Exploding Arrow, Crippling Arrow, & Serrated Arrow
- Added Taser Gun & Cartridge
- Added Bullet Press workstation
- Fixed Shock Baton
- Added Recipes for Fire AK47 & Bullet
- Added Gas Cartridge to Junk & Working Stiffs loot
- Changed Jet Injector recipe to require Gas Cartridge
- Added Tungsten Machete & Bat
- Increased Feral Spider health to 1000
- Increased Screamer Boss Health to 800
- Removed Stealth & Ninja gear set
- Slightly decreased spawn rate of all bosses
- Adjusted loot for zombie bosses
- Decreased zombie runner boss entity damage to 15
- Fixed Hunting Bow not firing correctly
- Increased Joint wellness gain to 0.7
- Added food scraps to Cooler & Rotten Food loot
- Decreased zombie cop & zombie dog spawn rate
- Added Hybrid Weapon System requirement for elemental firearms
- Added Hybrid Weapon System to Munitions Box loot
- Adjusted Supply Crate loot for better output
- Reduced degradation rate for all gun parts
- Removed Anaconda
- Added Weapon Bench workstation for part and gun assembly
- Added voucher recipe for ElectronicScrap, Wire, and Bolt
- Added Hydroponic Station for indoor Marijuana Growth (use Marijuana Sprout to begin growing)
- Added Casino Coin to Voucher recipe (2:1 ratio)
- Integrated SMX UI to SteelMod with requested permission from Sirillion
- Added Hydroponic Station lootgroup to loot.xml
- Added Steel Calipers, Powder Measure, and Priming Tool as required items to build Bullet Press
- Added Grow Tubes, Water Pump, and PVC Pipe as required items to build Hydroponic Station
- Modified Gunsmith Class Quests
- Modified Mercenary Class Quests
- Modified Doctor Class Quests
- Modified Survivalist Class Quests
- Removed all Colonist and Marauder Armor
- Finished all localization.txt for custom items and blocks
- Added Slot Machine. Place 25 Casino Coins in for a random amount back
- Added Loot Cache. Use Decryption Key to open for random high value loot
- Added Hydroponic Book. Loot to learn how to craft Hydroponic Stations
- Reduced zombie cop spawning
- Added fishing (Thanks Carlzilla!)
- Slightly increased exp required to level miscellaneous crafting
- Added 2 new perks: Money Smith and Mephisto
- Even more loot balancing
- Added Steel Calipers, Priming Tool, and Powder Measure to Shotgun Messiah loot group
- Moved all tools, armors, and melee weapons made by the Craftsman to the Workbench. This will
- reduce lag and make the Workbench useful again. If the next version of the game is more stable,
- more recipes will go into the table, making it universal.
- Added Steel Calipers, Priming Tool, and Powder Measure localization descriptions
- Removed Electronic Scrap since it has been added as a vanilla item
- Removed Hops and Hop Seed since it has been added as a vanilla item
- Adjusted Recipes that required Electronic Scrap
*The economy for custom items is an early implementation, and we are already working on 6.1 to make any necessary adjustments to prices. Please feel free to leave any odd pricing finds on our forums in the Bug Section.
- The merchants will be able to sell the custom items in v6.1, as we work on adjustments to economy and add to the trader.xml.
- Please report any issues or bugs on our Forums!
Looking to join the server? Check out the official Steel Marauders Website