THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. NOW THERE ARE 1.2 OF THEM
The newest version of Expanding Fronts has been released, featuring tons of new improvements to the game, as well as the addition of SWGB's tenth playable faction: the Geonosians. No longer an unfortunate artifact of an incomplete trilogy, the Geonosians and Confederacy now feature completely unique rosters of buildings, units, and civilization bonuses. You can download Expanding Fronts 1.2 from the links below:
In addition, the Google Drive build has also been updated with the 1.2 content, and monthly updates will resume. If you are having trouble running or installing Expanding Fronts, you can visit our Troubleshooting thread and FAQ on Heavengames
NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES:
- New Civilization: Geonosians
- Saved games can now be opened from Windows Explorer
- Automatic crash dump submission integrated into game executable
- Music now plays without a game disc inserted
- Added various new units, buildings, and props to the Scenario Editor
- Multiple new terrain types have been added for use in the Scenario Editor and RM Scripts
- NEW Scripts: Lah'mu, Mustafar, Starkiller Base, Sullust
- Scarif - Reduced jungle density, corrected issue that caused wrong bushes to spawn, added additional props, implemented new terrains
- Alderaan - Implemented new terrains
- Halm - Implemented new terrains
- Felucia - Implemented new terrains
- Jakku - Slightly increased availability of Carbon
- Zann Consortium Troopers now have a proper graphic set
- Confederacy has been given a new architecture set and various new unit graphics
- Zann snow and flame graphics for buildings fixed
- Zone.com menu link now directs to HeavenGames
- Zann Workers should now display the correct names for assigned tasks
- New Trigger Condition: Area Explored
- New Trigger Condition: Alliance State
- New Trigger Condition: Per Mile Chance
- New Trigger Condition: Unit Variable (Greater or Equal)
- New Trigger Condition: Unit Variable (Equal)
- Trigger Conditions and Effects now display their names and descriptions in the list box
- Some modified Conditions now contain a dropdown box for modifiers, instead of having to type digits
- Objects in Area - Now has modifiers for Ungarrisoned Only, Garrisoned Only, or Default.
- Change Unit Data\Property Object - DropSite1 and DropSite2 variables now work correctly
- Change Unit Data\Property Object - Now works on all units (previously types 70+ only)
- Change Ownership - "Target Player" and "Object List" boxes no longer overlap
- Autosave feature implemented into editor. Save frequency can be adjusted in Configurator. Saves will be named autosave.sc1
- Change Unit Variable - New variables: Resources; MiscCounter1-5
- Opening disabled units list no longer crashes the game
- Hotkey (Ctrl+S) added to disable object collision and grid placement restrictions
- Improved Trigger interface; including moving previously overlapping boxes, and adding dropdown options for trigger modifiers
- Six new map sizes can now be generated: Huge (255x255), Massive (320x320), Enormous (400x400), Colossal (480x480), Titanic (560x560), Insane (640x640). NOTE: This feature is still being tested, and generating/playing maps at sizes above Huge (255x255) may cause unpredictable results, including crashes.
- Map size selection list now displays map size in tiles
- 3 new cliff types are available for placement in scenario editor. Ctrl+Q cycles between them.
- Added over 30 new Terrain options to the game, available for use in the Editor and RM Scripts.
NEW Campaign - [EF] Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Parts 1-3)
MISC BUG FIXES:
- Aquaharvesters no longer passively generate Food
- Bug that sometimes causes camera to uncontrollably scroll to the upper-left has been fixed.
- Functioning 'Native' buildings have been turned into duplicates so as to not interfere with objects in pre-EF Scenarios/Scripts.
- Fixed icon issue that caused many crashes for Zann faction.
We'd like to thank everybody for following and playing Expanding Fronts, doubly so for those who have contributed to the continued development of the project. A very special thanks goes to our latest recruit, The_Undying_Nephalim, who's animation talents, eagerness to help, and adaptability has allowed us to add a full roster of new Geonosian infantry and support units in just the course of a couple of weeks.
Nephalim's help was invaluable, and it helped us finally cross a previously insurmountable gap. His assistance also proves that when we have the hands that we need, we can make progress exceptionally faster. The Geonosians are only one of over a dozen new civilization candidates, and we need YOUR help to to bring them into existence. If you, or anybody you know has the skills, and wishes to contribute to the continued improvement of Expanding Fronts, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support, we hope you enjoy the latest version of Expanding Fronts, and whatever the future holds for it.