The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Forum Thread
Framerate problem in Lab X-19 (Problem Discovered) (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly : Forum : Support : Framerate problem in Lab X-19 (Problem Discovered)) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 24 2021 Anchor

So Latly i have been having Issues with going into Lab X-19. My game usually runs in between 170-130 FPS On S.A. Version 1.5.1,

But upon entering Lab X-!9 I could only run at 2 Fps, Yes only 2. This issue plagued me until I decided to go through manually and try to complete shutting off the Brain Scorcher with the Slideshow Framerate. During my around 5/6 Run my frames suddenly just fixed and went back to Standard. and upon closer inspection I have discovered the issue as to why the framerates are so bad in the Lab X-19.

Just before you get to the Brain Scorcher control panel you pass through a small Bloodsucker nest. full of lots of bones. Bellow I have placed a line of Photos show what I have Discovered.

The pile of Bones. The bones bounce and move constantly Lag Problem01

A Lot more Bones in the Ceiling.Lag Problem02

After Throwing a Grenade the Framerate drops down between 1/2 FPS and the bones seem to duplicate rapidly.Lag Problem03

After about a Minute the Frames have not improved and the Bones have Tripled in number including the ones on the Ceiling.Lag Problem04

After 5 Minutes the bones Stop duplicating but the Frames are Stuck at 1/2 FPS as the now Massive pile of bones are Constantly in motion as they bounce, and clip into one another. Lag Problem05

I believe my framerate issues were due to the fact that when the bones spawn in they bounce and move as they cannot rest against one another causing ones CPU to throttle as it try's keep up with the massive amount of individual items. I have tested this issue on 4 different saves and have verified that these bones are the standing issue. to the frame rate problem of this area. I do hope this information is helpful to those having trouble with Lab X-19 and do hope a fix can be implemented.

Feb 25 2021 Anchor

Yeah thats a game breaking bug with object placement and should be removed. the skeleton can't be placed properly on loading the level for the first time and keeps duplicating the skeleton. This is what it looks like when the skeleton is placed correctly:

skeleton l10u bunker

I haven't seen this posted on the bug tracker and whether a dev will see this thread is doubtful as they only seem to be on their Discord channel. You could add this to the bug report (But I haven't seen any dev activity on there either): Anomaly Bug Tracker

Edited by: Acemax

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.