Anomaly is a standalone S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod powered by an x64 version of the X-Ray engine. Starting with version 1.5.0 Anomaly uses a custom engine build called the XRay-Monolith engine. After almost one year of development of the Anomaly 1.5.0 update, the mod continues its way on expanding and adding new features while maintaining a high level of quality and replay value.
My very first upload, a huge pack of weapon changes; universal sensitivity, adjusted zoom levels, realigned view models and re-centered red dots for all weapons, as well as an enormous volume of recoil changes to make full auto a more viable, yet still situational option.
THIS PACK IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY MODS THAT MAKE TWEAKS TO THE BASE WEAPONS WITHOUT MANUAL MERGING. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS PACK COMPATIBLE WITH EITHER SOUND PACK, OPEN UP W_SR25 IN NOTEPAD++ AND CHANGE wpn_m16_sounds TO wpn_sr25_sounds AFTER INSTALLING THE APPROPRIATE PATCH.
OTHERWISE, PLEASE ASK ABOUT COMPATIBILITY PATCHES AND READ THE DESCRIPTION!
- Sniper rifles have received a touch of love. Now, long range capabilities are seriously boosted, enabling some very great and engaging gameplay on maps with long sightlines. Damage has been increased on multiple within the category. m82 is now a serious powerhouse with 3.0 hitpower--it blows through Exos, so if you see hot pink tracers, get down and try to counter-snipe them. Ultimately, m82 is still inferior to the gauss rifle.
- Pistols all received a buff of 25 to rpm, variants included.
- Shotgun damage has been fixed. Sorry about that!
- weapon_ammo has been reconfigured some more, so that sniper-tier calibers have less air resistance and thus travel farther with greater accuracy, without too much fiddling.
- Tracers now have distinct colour that depends on whether it's FMJ or AP, coming from a rifle or pistol, and the caliber in general. Buckshot now has tracers. (This is unrealistic, but I like it) Color list is as follows(please check known issues afterwards):
- 5.56: Pale Red
- 5.56 AP: Vibrant Red
- 5.56 SS190: Pinkish Red
- 7.62x39: Pale Green
- 7.62x39 AP: Vibrant Green
- 9x39: Transparent, almost white shade of blue. Meant to be seen at night. NVGs help.
- 9x39 AP: Transparent pale blue. Meant to be seen at night. NVGs help.
- 9x18: Bluish Green
- 9x18 AP: Vibrant Bluish Green
- 9x18 PMM: Paler Bluish Green
- 9x19: Pinkish Red
- 9x19 PBP: Paler Pinkish Red
- 9x19 AP: Vibrant Pinkish Red
- 7.62x51: Orange
- 7.62x51 AP: Vibrant Orange
- 7.62x54: Yellowish Green
- 7.62x54 AP: Vibrant Yellowish Green
- 12.7x55: Hot Pink
- 12.7x55 AP: Vibrant Hot Pink
- Gauss: Cyan (But you really can't tell)
- VSSK has been made more useful.
- Realigned the Mosin sights a bit. Thanks to community member AmericanCaliber.
- Shotguns have received some love in terms of recoil and accuracy based on several factors; common use, whether there's a stock or not, and how fast it can fire. Many have also received more realistic magazine sizes if able.
- The Toz-34 and full-length BM-16 are the kings of accuracy in terms of shotguns, which distinguishes them as precise hunting instruments to make up for their lack of a large capacity. Their recoil has been increased, but not by too much--the Sawn Off versions of either have much higher recoil. Highest in the weapon class, actually.
- Pump Action, full-length shotguns like the Remington 870 and MP-133 are second in class for accuracy and recoil strength increase. They're a step below the Toz-34 and BM-16, due to their superiority in self-defense and stalker vs stalker combat.
- Semi-auto full-length shotguns (Saiga, Vepr, MP-153, etc) are third for accuracy and recoil intensity. You no longer experience incremental recoil on the Spas-12 or USAS-12, but their recoil has been increased to compensate.
- Pump Action, stockless shotguns are a less accurate, better handling version of the full length shotguns. If I had the know-how to speed up their reload animations to further distinguish them as CQC weapons, I would.
- Added a variant of weapon_ammo that has MisterKat's impair values inside of it within the patches folder. Thank you for the quick optional, DKnightRZ!
- Added patches for both Jarhead and JSRS sound packs. Tell me if anything strange happens with these upgrade tables, but suppressed gunfire should actually have the noises they need now.
- Added weapons_silencers, and adjusted all silencers. They no longer suffer an accuracy penalty, and most have had their bullet speed either knocked down or brought up to 0.9. Otherwise, they remain unchanged.
- Added weapon_ammo. The only change inside is that damage and additional recoil has been normalized to 1.0 across the board, to prevent any strange happenings and to make weapons reflect their actual damage. If you use MisterKat's Realism addon, you can edit the impair stats to those values, but I think the changes are a little too steep. You can already adjust weapon degradation in the menus.
- Added weapon_scopes. Oops! Missed this one for a bit. The rest of the scopes should now have their proper levels of zoom.
- Minor alignment corrections on various weapons.
- time_to_aim has been set to zero for all weapons. I've received mixed news with this stat; on one hand, people say it does nothing. But on others, apparently it acts as a way of making weapons do less damage until a certain ADS time is reach. Better safe than sorry--it doesn't even come close to touching ADS time like I thought.
- Added a variant of the addons for all weapons that increases red dot and ironsight zoom by 5 to a total value of 65 and 85 respectively. This should add just a bit more ease of use for mid-range engagements while retaining the intended feel for the sights. 80 and 60 feels a bit too high, but it may be changed to this with feedback.
- Fixed an issue with the UMP45 (Custom) causing crashes when equipped with an ACOG. Hopefully.
- Fixed the M79 doing a David Blaine magic act and vanishing off the bottom of the screen when you ADS.
- Corrected PKM recoil values. You will still encounter strange recoil, but only after chewing through a good portion of the magazine. This is as good as I can get it without making it OP.
- Added upgrade tables that should prevent 'negative' incremental recoil. Tell me if weapons break in other ways with upgrades, this end will be constantly changing.
- Corrected incremental recoil additions on all 5.56 rifles in an attempt to make their ADS recoil less severe than the AK's.
HOW TO INSTALL (w/ sound mod):
1. Install chosen sound mod. (Presumably, it's already installed)
2. Install desired variant of the weapon tweaks via dragging and dropping the gamedata folder into your main game directory, alongside the exe and pre-existing gamedata folder--if present. Allow overwrite if necessary.
3. Choose correct soundpack patch, and place the upgrades folder inside of configs/items/weapons.
HOW TO INSTALL (w/o sound mod):
1. Place the gamedata folder of your chosen variant inside of your main game directory as instructed above. Allow Overwrites.
2. It's that simple, Stalker. :D
Ever tried to full auto from the hip at close range, only for your Stalker to throw their upper half back and threaten God with bullets via shooting at the sky by the fifth shot? Yeah, me too.
Ever tried to shoot a filthy Bandit at long range, only to never actually hit the bastard while using a red dot? Me too.
Got sick of the wonky, inconsistent zoom levels across the game's weapons? Me. Too.
This pack aims to solve many woes that one may have had with the presentation and quality of the weapons within Anomaly by doing the following:
Altering zoom to make sense
Because let's be real. Who actually likes having that sniper suddenly make you play on 50 DPI?
Realigned View Models & Red Dot Sights
Every single gun is now on target. Yes, every single gun. From the PM, all the way to the FAL, everything is as accurate as you can physically be. If you put your iron sights on it and account for distance properly, you will hit that shot every single time.
Some weapons are aimed differently from one another, however. Pistols and shotguns use a unique point of aim compared to the tip-of-the-front-post method that SMGs, rifles, and snipers use. A visual assistance is provided for the reason of clearing confusion:
And what is going to be the most striking change of all...
Total Recoil Overhaul
Recoil has been severely cut back in many cases, or introduced in others where it was sorely needed. This pack is not striving to be 1:1 with real life--it isn't a realism conversion, nor is it titled as immersive. My aim for recoil is to be present, but not so invasive that it renders full-auto fire a total impossibility. To be unique to the rifle and caliber, but to exist within the realm of consistency.
Smaller Tweaks That Don't Deserve Their Own Section
Addons That Fit Well With This Pack:
Please share your thoughts in the comments! Feedback on weapon feel, desired recoil changes, if a red dot or set of iron sights is off. I'm planning on making a compatibility patch for the addon that adds red dot sights to various shotguns as well, but speak your minds on what YOU'D like to see. Thank you all, and have a great time shooting shit up in the Zone!