Separate gun condition and parts condition. Advanced jam mechanics. Please read the description carefully.
Tired of finding shitty 5% guns on everyone you kill? Tired of getting price gouged by mechanics? Want more depth to weapon maintenance and jamming? Try this!
Substantially overhauls weapon parts and jamming. The goal of this addon is to create a layered weapon condition system that makes it feel like stalkers are using old, worn out weapons that are still serviceable and usable, while making 'factory new' weapons require more work and less bullshit to get. Weapon condition is overall better and easier to maintain, but parts condition is tracked separately and a whole other monster to control. Parts condition will cause different types of jams that have their own procedures to clear. Strongly recommended to use with full-percentage parts.
- 18.104.22.168 - Fixed some serious bugs where having weapon with parts -> switching to weapon without parts would calculate damage based on previous weapon.
- 1.4.7 - Integrated Blindside's idle animations, now unjam button will work like inspect button if there is no problem. Handgun part cleaning at mechanic is cheaper. Replacing a damaged part at a mechanic now has a varied price, depending on rarity of the weapons it is found in, but overall cheaper. Threshold for cleaning is adjustable via MCM. 22.214.171.124 - Corrected some small non-issue values with part damage per shot
- 1.4.6 - MCM support, fixed issues with verbosity printing. English swearing now toggleable. Reduced trigger jam chance from 50% in worst case to only 30%.
- 1.4.5 - Previous unlisted fixes for crashes with missing animations or sounds. Fixed variants of guns playing the normal unjam animation. Fixed missing sounds for some unjams.
- 1.4.4 - Implicit compatibility with Blindside's weapon animations. Now if a weapon has a custom unjam animation, this mod will play it instead of the placeholder. Fix to cause weapon to stop firing if it jams during full auto (thanks Lucy), restored some strings I mistakenly removed. Crash fix for the above.
- 1.4.3 - Mostly cleanup and compatibility with 1.5.1 full version.
- 1.4.2 - Fix for crash with wuut_mags replacing parts in weapons without magazines. Removed weapon parts kit from trader stocks. Increased price of parts repair below 60% (part is too damaged to be repaired properly and is replaced)
- 1.4.1 Quick fix for technician repair CTD.
- 1.4 - Reworked parts replacement. Parts can be replaced arbitrarily, but doing so will reduce weapon condition a little bit above a certain threshold (you need to relube whenever you replace a part). Raised default damage threshold. Optional doubled wear (guns stay clean for too long imo). Implicit wuut mags compatibility - this addon should work regardless if you have wuut_mags installed or not.
- 1.3.5 - Text fixes to work with RC19.
- 1.3.4 - Barrels no longer suffer from random damage (suggested by Aquamarine). Instead they slowly wear out and have an expected lifetime of 5000 rounds before deteriorating to 0%, with damage effects kicking in at 1250 rounds fired. Old ammo increases this wear rate on the barrel and confers a flat 2% chance to jam, even in working guns.
- 1.3.3 - Fix for crash when using attachments on weapons without parts.
- 1.3.2 - Adjusted price of parts kit, added one use, and dropped multitool repair condition to match that of ramrod/file. Small fix to damage calc check.
- 1.3.1 - Replaced swearing sounds to be less cheesy (using AyyKyu's Tarkov voices). Optional English profanity.
- 1.3 Actor swears intermittently with jams (thanks andrejchudoba)
- 1.2 - Replacing parts unloads your current weapon. Barrel damage now reduces your gun damage by up to 50%. Adjusted ramrod and file for better compatibility with full-percentage parts. Fixed broken text again.
- 1.1.4 - Small patch to fix broken dots in eng descriptions. Fixed bug with replacing parts in current weapon not updating condition immediately. Prevent player from replacing parts if part is already good. RUS translations from TDLemon.
- 1.1.3 - Items with damaged parts can no longer be sold. Zombies now drop absolutely crappy weapons (and novices as well, as a side effect)
- 1.1.2 - Changed jam chance calculation to be configurable. Base rates start lower and ramp faster (now 6, 18, 54% chances)
- 1.1.1 - Moved unjam button to weapons section in keybinds
- 1.1 - Parts cannot be replaced under a configurable condition threshold (default is 0.2). Mechanics will repair parts for you...but it's not cheap.
Weapon Condition Overhaul
Weapon condition is reimagined as overall cleanliness of the gun. What does this mean?
- Weapon condition is much easier to take care of. Mechanics will clean your guns for cheap. Cleaning kits are more effective, last longer and work at lower values, but are more expensive. Weapons from stalkers drop in better condition.
- However, weapon parts condition is entirely separate from weapon condition.
- Poor-quality weapon parts will cause weapons to jam in variously infuriating ways (more on this later)
- Replacing parts is much easier. For most parts, click and drag the new part onto the weapon. You need a mulltitool (Leatherman) to take the gun apart and put it back together. However, this will reduce the cleanliness a little bit as some lubrication is lost (doesn't happen below 60%).
- Replacing parts removes some weapon condition above 60%. Overall weapon condition does not affect parts condition.
- Parts are harder to repair. Ramrods. files and the multitool only work from 65% condition. Beyond that you need to replace them at a technician.
- The net effect of the new system makes dropped guns from stalkers still pretty crappy to use as in vanilla Anomaly or Far Cry 2, but with a little repair and effort they can be made reliable again.
New Jam Mechanics
- Weapons with crappy parts are prone to malfunction in variously infuriating ways.
- Triggers with low condition have a chance to misfire.
- Crappy feeding mechanisms can cause failures to extract or even double feeds.
- To remedy this, a new unjam button is introduced. Use the unjam button to clear your weapon. Bind it to something close to reload, like T or G.
- There are different procedures to clear malfunctioned weapons. Misfire and FTE can be fixed just by hitting unjam. Double feed requires you to unload your magazine and then unjam.
- Weapon parts failure chance follows a formula as described in the readme.
- Old style of jam due to condition is still around. The unjam button does not work for the old style. You will be prompted whenever an old style malfunction happens.
Technician changes (READ ME)
- Technicians will NOT restore parts condition. They will only restore base gun condition (they are only cleaning the weapon)
- Technicians will repair parts. There are two levels to this:
1. Part is above a certain condition. This simulates part is simply dirty or scratched - they will clean it for a low price.
2. Part is below that condition. This simulates part is FUBAR - they will replace it instead. This is very costly.
- Because cleaning is very cheap, you cannot make easy money by looting guns and cleaning them, then flipping for a profit. All parts of a weapon need to meet a minimum condition to be eligible for sale. This is adjustable.
- Weapons under 85% condition will roll to damage their parts. Parts damage amount is controlled in arti_jamming.
- More reliable weapons have lower chance to damage their parts. This is based on condition_queue_dec, so your reliability upgrades are worth it!
Disclaimer: only weapons with parts get to play with these new mechanics. Armsel Protecta, Gauss Rifle and P90 will only use the old system (but I can give them parts if requested)
There is a VERBOSITY variable in arti_jamming that controls HUD messages sent. This is now handled through MCM.
- VERBOSITY 0 - only jam messages
- VERBOSITY 1 - misfire messages
- VERBOSITY 2 - same as 1, but you magically know when your weapon double feeds.
Compatibility patches available for my exos addon. Implicitly compatible with other mods like wuut_mags. Optional goodies include english swearing on jams and doubled ammo wear rate to better reflect accumulation of dirt and powder residue.
You can use this addon for whatever pack you want, just credit me.
Please let me know if you encounter issues. Comment here or ping me on Discord (arti#3278)
- Circumvent old jam system
Arszi for help and ideas
Michiko for providing unjam sounds
TDLemon for rus translation
RavenAscendant for MCM