The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Add addon Rowans Rebalanced NPC Squad Loadouts v1.3.0
Filename
RowansRebalancedSquadLoadouts_1.3.0.zip
Category
Prefabs
Licence
Proprietary
Uploader
RowanMaBoot
Added
Updated
Size
56.88kb (58,240 bytes)
Downloads
2,568 (59 today)
MD5 Hash
b1d55fe3c58a5821c858c2232ac8688a
Embed Button
Embed Widget
Description

Overhauls NPC squad loadouts, with greater distinction of loadout by rank and faction. Novices use pistols and shotguns, whilst Legendary NPCs can afford and so use the best weapons.

Preview
Rowans Rebalanced NPC Squad Loadouts v1.3.0
Comments
SEV3RE
SEV3RE

Doing A Great Job On This , Keep it up !!.. Fellow Brother Of The Zone.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+4 votes
Guest
Guest

I can't seem to find your other mod: Rebalanced Alife Profiles & Ranks. Can you provide a link here or in the description?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Here you go: Moddb.com

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RufusVulpecula
RufusVulpecula

Thank you!

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
MoreLove1
MoreLove1

In the files "squad" and "visual" there are no differences from the original, why do they?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+3 votes
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Just checked -- yeah those three files were accidentally included. Will remove them from the release package. Thanks for catching that.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Hotfix:
1.0.4
- Corrected bad references to wpn_winchester1300
- Corrected bad references to wpn_oc33s
- Corrected bad reference to 'pn_lr300' for ecolog_veteran_primary loadout
- Removed three unedited files:
npc_loadouts__name.ltx
npc_loadouts__squad.ltx
npc_loadouts__visual.ltx

Reply Good karma+1 vote
LEXX2
LEXX2

С версией BAS работать будет?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
MoreLove1
MoreLove1

Man, is this addon really completely safe to use without your second addon? Will there be no bugs with the new NPC classes?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

It really is safe to use without!

This mod only affects NPC loadouts available for each rank. By default, all ranks are available to be assigned to NPCs in squads - just not always in a consistent or predictable fashion across factions.

Trainee, Professional, and Expert ranked NPCs for most factions did not have unique loadouts. So as an example, Bandit trainees used the novice equipment, and their novices could have pistols, assault rifles, smgs, shotguns and so on.

My Alife Porfile mod in short just makes it so novice squads are actually full of novices and trainees; advanced squads full of trainee, experienced and professionals; and finally veteran squads filled with Veteran, Expert, Master and Legendary NPCs.

It's random, and balanced equally across all factions, since some factions had different 'rank' ranges, meaning an equiv Duty squad would usually be stronger than an equiv Stalker squad.

So whilst I recommend it if you play with Warfare, it's not that big of a deal if you use freeplay or story.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
abraxas19
abraxas19

cool addon but I must wait for compatibility patch for BaS

Reply Good karma Bad karma+3 votes
CantHitNothin
CantHitNothin

Hey. Very cool mod, but Monolith loadouts seem to be buggy.
I'm using Vintar0's Warfare Alife Overhaul and your Rebalanced Alife Profiles, and I'm not sure if this is caused by your mod.
I have applied the compatibility patches, and this mod doesn't conflict with any other (which means no other mod is changing the loadouts, right?)

Is it normal for Monolith to have Gauss rifles on the 3rd ingame day with 13 resource points while my freshly spawned guys are still using shotguns and pistols with 10 + 5 resource points?
The mercs are also spawning with high caliber sniper rifles while having 12 + 3 resource points.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Glad you like it!

It's quite likely the starting squads you're seeing (which are handled via the simulations.ltx, which neither of my mods edit at the moment, just because it's a bit of a compatibility nightmare and I'm looking into a more robust solution right now) - snipers and Gauss rifles are used almost exclusively by the unique sniper squads at the moment.

I haven't given sniper loadouts a pass yet, but they don't appear to use ranks to determine equipment, so might be a bit trickier to balance, as they are assigned to spawn with said weapons due to being a 'sniper' squad instead of their rank.

There is an exception for the Gauss rifle at the moment, wherein Legendary Monolith Stalkers have a chance of getting a Gauss rifle, but it's a 1 in 24 chance or so.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
CantHitNothin
CantHitNothin

I understand, thanks for the clarification.

It was surprising seeing a squad of Monolith at a random anomaly in south Zaton with two Gauss rifles, guess I was just unlucky.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
lyrathechimera
lyrathechimera

Love the mod! Though, it's a little strange to see military stalkers with mosins and shotguns rather than AKs

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Thanks! Yeah it was more of a balance decision, though in early versions on my end I had them using SMGs and old AKs.

I'll look into including an optional version of the army loadouts that can be used to have asymmetric equipment use in their case (compared to other factions), likely with SKS, certain SMGs and old AKs with their novices and up.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Update released. Won't affect existing squads, but will affect new spawns. Changelog is pretty extensive, see provided changelog in archive for full list of changes (for the most part).

1.11.0 Summary of changes:

-- Overhauled weapon attachments & ammo dstribution to be less random, but also the selections to be more diverse.
--- Some loadouts will now feature primarily unmodded weapons, with higher ranks having more than just a silencer or scope attachment.
--- NPCs tend to use more old ammo now.
-- Snipers have been added to loadouts for all factions
-- Increased variety of novice/trainee shotgun loadouts slightly (ammo type, chance of spawning with bm16, toz34, etc).
-- Increase prevalence of Bolt Action Rifles, Semi-Automatic rifles and other changes of this nature across all ranks.
-- Tweaked pistol variety across the board for novice stalkers, resulting in greater distinction across factions.
-- Added silenced pistols as a possible weapon for novice stalkers.
-- Removed XM8 due to horrible model.

Reply Good karma+2 votes
mix73
mix73

Hello, is your mod compatible with Warfare Life Overhaul ?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Yep!

Reply Good karma+1 vote
Kotik02
Kotik02

Hi, is there a way to prevent npcs using old ammo?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Replace all instances of :1 with :r to make it more random (still a chance of old ammo, but they can spawn with FMJ, AP, etc too). Or just remove any instance of :1 following a value to make those selections use FMJ only.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RamseySparrow
RamseySparrow

This sounds interesting, but how does it affect progression i.e. are you not going to be getting access to much more powerful weapons too soon in the game if picked up from some high level npc?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Basically vanilla progression is skewed, so novice NPCs can have mid-game equipment, whilst experienced and veteran ones can spawn with late-game equipment or even end-game weapons. You've probably noticed this - novice NPCs using AKs and the sort in the past. This vanilla progression was one of my gripes -- so this overhaul makes the progression a lot smoother, and potentially increases difficulty by changing all of that.

Novices no longer spawn with AKs, but spawn with pistols and crappy shotguns. Trainees get access to bolt action rifles, better shotguns, and better pistols (such as automatic pistols). Experienced NPCs get SMGs, etc.

So if you have your difficulty ramped up (hardcore AI aim, higher taken damage, etc), this does make higher ranked NPCs potentially more dangerous as they have a consistent pool of better weapons, whilst novice squads will be easier (especially if you only have a pistol).

I personally play with Warfare only, so this in my experience slows down progression a little as a lot of the early fights are against worse weapons, and makes higher ranked NPCs a bigger deal.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RamseySparrow
RamseySparrow

Thanks for the explanation.

I certainly don't ramp up the difficulty, the game is damn hard as is and I hate bullet sponginess, so I play roughly:

- no hardcore aim
- good protection
- bullet power: 1.3
- standard (medium) difficulty npc dispersion.

- oh and I play a hybrid warfare alife mod by Vintar, and also ironman mode with 5 lives and 1 day granter, though while it really spices the game it also makes me swear out laud a lot.

I suppose the only question then is - does this leave some room for randomness? Balancing is good but not to the point where you cannot be surprised by a rookie with an automatic, afterall it's the zone and not a tight military operation.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Then it likely won't be much more difficult for you, just a potential for slightly slower progression and fairer fights when going against novices/trainees (aka rookies).

So specifically:

Novices can't spawn with automatics, but they can spawn with pistols, silenced pistols, shotguns, and bolt-action rifles. Trainee stalkers can spawn with shotguns, bolt-action rifles, semi-automatic rifles, and limited automatics, such as the APS, OC33, Kiparis, Bizon etc.

Mind that Novice squads contain both trainees and novices, so generally you may encounter one or two trainees, so the potential for one or two low-calibre automatics. I can't fine-control the chance of any specific weapon from spawning, only dilute the pool, so AKs and the sort were not included in their spawn pools

I also use Vintar0's mods so all of my mods are made with their mod in mind - albeit to the goal of tweaking progression to my own personal taste/preferences.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RamseySparrow
RamseySparrow

Thanks for clarification again, that is very helpful and decision has been made to clear this mod for active service immediatelly.

Thanks for what sounds like a great addon!

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
Guest
Guest

tough faction low tier loadouts are kinda hilarious. mercs, isg with tozes, mosins... a force to reckon with
and army, even novices should have aksus tbh, it's an army after all

Reply Good karma Bad karma0 votes
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Indeed lol!

Yeah I'll be releasing an optional add-on that makes Army novices better equipped, per the request of another user as well, as I agree with the sentiment, despite the fact I likely won't use it myself due to the balancing in mind.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
mistermoonshine
mistermoonshine

Can I remove grenades from NPCs by changing one of these settings? I'm really tired of aimbot grenades in Stalker since the Misery days.

If I change:
[monolith_veteran_extra]
grenade_gd-05:0:1
grenade_rgd5:0:1

to 0 will it stop them spawning with grenades?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

You'll want to remove both "grenade" lines, specifically. Keep [monolith_veteran_extra] however.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

----Latest 1.2.0 release is not important if you don't care for the optionals provided. No notable core changes to normal loadouts made with this release.----

New update with two new optional add-ons, now also with FOMOD support for users of Mod Organiser (if you're not using it, you really should switch to it).

Option add-ons are loadout buffs for Army novices, trainees, etc. Some changes listed below.

1.2.0
- Added Army Optional "Better Armed Soldiers" addon, which strips Army of surpluse/WW2 firearms (still maintaining Modernised SVT40 and SKS variants, however) and gives novices access to standardised equipment.
- There is also a "Strong Army NPC Loadouts" optional addon, that buffs Army even more (specifically Novice through to Veteran the most)

Notable changes within both add-ons
-- Removed Pistols, TOZ, Mosin, SKS, SVT and Kiparis variants from Novice, Trainee, and Experienced ARMY NPCs.
-- ARMY NPCs can spawn with AK74Us at Novice and Trainee ranks now, with high probability.

- Army Novices use:
-- MP133, Fort500 Shotguns
-- Modernized SKS with FMJ, old rounds or a random round type (33% for each)
-- Bizon with FMJ, or old rounds
-- Vityaz with FMJ, or old rounds
-- Old AK74U with FMJ 25% chance, or AK74U with old rounds 75% chance.
- Army Trainees use:
-- MP133, Fort500 Shotguns
-- Modernized SKS with FMJ, random rounds, or a scope
-- Bizon with FMJ, or old rounds
-- Vityaz with FMJ, or old rounds
-- Old AK74U with FMJ 25% chance, Old AK74U with old rounds 25% chance, or a random round type selected with a 50% chance.
-- AK74U with FMJ 33% chance, AK74U with old rounds 66% chance

Strong is similar to the above, but even better - Novices get access to AK74s, and higher ranks get access to even better fast. Military therefore is stronger yet in online combat.

Reply Good karma+3 votes
THEWILLOFD
THEWILLOFD

thx brO works great on dead air

Reply Good karma Bad karma+2 votes
shavedllama
shavedllama

Woah, this really changes progression. I'm using guns I'd never use otherwise. Using this with your Rebalanced Alife Profiles.

However, I soon started a new playthrough, and shortly ran into soldiers wielding SVDs and SV98s in Cordon at the collapsed railway bridge (a vanilla issue, I believe -- one that completely breaks balance from the get-go). Any chance you could do something about that? It seems to do more with spawns of veteran+ army NPCs in the surrounding areas than with army loadouts in general.

The other thing I've noticed is that nearly half the renegades in the Swamps are dressed in exoskeletons.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+2 votes
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

Glad you like it!

I'm actually working on another mod at the moment that rectifies that - one of my biggest gripes is that many starting squads are 'veteran' and 'experienced' type squads, including in/around starting locations.

It's a script-based solution, so is highly compatible with just about everything. Also features full AMCM support, so it can be tweaked a tad.

Reply Good karma+2 votes
shavedllama
shavedllama

Looking forward to it!!

Just a thought, but maybe for your Rebalanced NPC Squad Loadouts, give trainees and up a small chance to use ak74u & old ak74u. Not only is it such an iconic weapon for stalker, available from many traders from the start, but it is light and only effective at close range. Furthermore, it will increase the variety of ammo being used. Finally, there seem to be a ton of shotguns out in the field right now. Just used a shotgun to wipe out three renegades in the swamps who also had shotguns.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
Bazil1337
Bazil1337

Hello, like the idea of your mode. Now I'm merging it with b&s, I have a question, what exactly the values after the name of the weapon do (:0 :4 :1 :r)? And what will happen if write several of them at once?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

I wouldn't worry as I've been working on a B&S patch.

Several instances just means a greater chance of that item. If a loadout has 4 items, 1 PM, 1 Mosin, 2 BM16, it means there will be a 25% chance of a PM, 25% chance of a Mosin, and a 50% chance of a BM16. I believe, at least.

Check npc_loadouts.ltx (you'll need to unpack game files to find it, same folder as all loadouts) covers how those settings all work. It'll explain it better than I can, best to get it from the source.

Reply Good karma+1 vote
Bazil1337
Bazil1337

Okay, thanks, i understand now. Already did a B&S patch, gonna fix it a little bit in the concept of how this values work.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
morgannoor1991
morgannoor1991

interesting il wait for next update i cant play without Boomsticks and Sharpsticks i love that mod so much

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

1.30--
Just adds the promised BaS patch.

I personally don't use BaS so please let me know if there are any issues.

Reply Good karma+2 votes
R3TR0
R3TR0

This won't ruin saves if i would ever disable it right?

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
RowanMaBoot Author
RowanMaBoot

It shouldn't.

In theory:
If you add it during a playthrough, only newly spawned squads will be affected.

If you remove it during a playthrough, only new squads will feature the old/vanilla/bas loadouts.

This is because the loadout is decided when the squad spawns, using the definitions in the npc_loadouts files (which are modified heavily with this mod).

Reply Good karma+2 votes
PripyatBandit
PripyatBandit

Pretty nice mod, but Monolith seems severely underequipped. I've just cleared X19 and monos were armed with SVT's, PPSH's, AK47's and similar garbage. Not a single 5.56 rifle either

Reply Good karma Bad karma+2 votes
Savara
Savara

I felt the same, raiding the brain scorcher and finding that Monolith is worse equipped than bandits was a let down. In the end I just removed the monolith file from the addon to keep them as an exceptionally well equipped faction by using the vanilla loadout.

Reply Good karma Bad karma+1 vote
Post a comment
Sign in or join with:

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.

Follow Profile
Icon
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Developer
Anomaly Developers
Contact
Send Message
Homepage
Moddb.com
Release date
Mod watch
Follow
Addon
Browse
Addons
New
Add addon
Share
Community Rating

Average

8.8

12 votes submitted.

You Say

-

Ratings closed.

Related Games
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat First Person Shooter
Related Groups
Anomaly Developers
Anomaly Developers Developer