System Shock: Rewired is the very first full fan made singleplayer campaign for the original System Shock in over 24 years! 3 brand new levels with branching paths, 4 new cyberspace sections, new puzzles, brand new soundtrack by SpeedySPCFan, new fully voiced audiologs, new on-screen text and so much more awaits in the now dark corridors of the hospital ship UNN Bismarck. Playable with all existing versions of System Shock (Enhanced Edition recommended). What are you waiting for? SHODAN waits for your return! And she is eager to end your - in her opinion - useless existence.
ReWired - the worlds first fully voiced custom singleplayer campaign for the original System Shock received it's final upgrade and is now available to use with any previous System Shock Release as well as the brand new Enhanced Edition (Sourceport) by Nightdive Studios.
//SYSTEM SHOCK: ReWired
// by Joey "3RDplayer" Lansing
// Version: 1.33
// ReWired Fanmission: Moddb.com
// Additional Mods: Moddb.com
// Created with: Github.com
// SpeedySCPFan Soundtrack: Youtu.be
- 3 new Real World, 4 new Cyberspace Levels
- Fully Voiced Audiologs in English
- English & German Text-Language
- New MFD Art (Faces, SHODAN)
- Brand New Soundtrack
This .zip-file comes with two packages:
- PACKAGE A for any previous System Shock Release (cd-rom; floppydisk; ssp)
- PACKAGE B for Sourceport (Enhanced Edition)
Follow the installation instructions for the package you want to install below:
//PACKAGE A INSTALLATION
This package can be played with:
- any previous System Shock Release (cd-rom; floppydisk; ssp)
in your System Shock installation folder (..\res\data\) and make a
backup of the files and overwrite them with the ones found in the
"rewired1.29"-folder of this .zip-file.
To use the custom soundtrack with old versions of System Shock,
extract the "sound"-folder of this .zip-file into the games .\res\
directory and overwrite all files when asked to do so.
3. Start the game. Select New Game from the title screen, enter your
name and select the difficulty you want to use. Then click on START.
4. Click away the HELP-SCREEN with spacebar and hit "ESC".
Go to AUDIO -> AUDIO-OPTIONS. Click on Messages until
Messages Both is selected. Then click on RETURN.
5. Hit "ESC" once more and Go to OPTIONS and select:
Language: English OR German. Then click on RETURN/ZURUECK.
Audio for the Audiologs is only played when English is selected!
//PACKAGE B INSTALLATION
This package can be played with:
- System Shock Enhanced Edition
1. Open a Windows-Explorer window and type the following into the location bar:
%APPDATA%\Nightdive Studios\System Shock EE\missions
2. Drag and drop the "rewired"-folder of the just downloaded .zip-file into the in step 1 opened directory.
3. Start the game and activate the Mission under Modifications of the title screen.
It might happen that the SHODAN critter sprite becomes invisible but she will still sit on her throne, so keep shooting if that happens.
//CREDITS (THANK YOU)
Alex R. Cunha Lima from Nightdive Studios for ironing out some bugs
@dertseha for his tools that made this mod even possible
@SpeedySPCFan for creating a custom soundtrack
¯\_(=\)_/¯ as my co-writer
Nightdive Studios for preserving the game
//THANKS TO MY VOICE ACTORS
EPIPHANY as SHODAN
NELL WATSON as Ronis & Shoujo
NAYRU-CHAN as Chambers
TEA LADY HANNER as Cosgrove
NATHAN GANLEY as Finn
SAM KOLLAS as Larson & Peng
NICK KÜNTZLER as Tweedle & Dori
DFACTOR as Joonsten
CHRISTIAN HAAS as CPUguy
KYNIKOSS DRAGONN as Thompson
CHAD CUDDIGAN as Himself
JOEY LANSING as Himself
//AUDIOLOG EDITING & EFFECTS
Joey "3RDplayer" Lansing
No Hopper got harmed during the production of this fanmission.