Inspired by popular MOBA titles such as DoTA and League of Legends, Renegade Wars is a mod map which brings competitive multiplayer "hero action-RTS" gameplay to C&C Kane's Wrath, but with a strong sense of endearment to its C&C roots.
Choose between 8 different heroes, exploiting their powerful abilities and varied playstyles, killing enemy units for money and levels, purchasing numerous available upgrades and reinforcement powers, cooperating with your teammates, battling it out with the enemy heroes for map control -- all for the common purpose of destroying the opponents' base, and preserving the legacy of the "Renegades"!
Complete with a stunning MOBA-inspired map, unique gameplay mechanics, tutorials, varied game-mode options (ranging from 1v1 to 4v4), heavily modified units and abilities... Renegade Wars extracts every ounce of untapped potential from the SAGE engine's logic base in ways never previously imagined!
Note that this is a multiplayer-focused map. To fully appreciate and enjoy the game mechanics, you MUST play this with human opponents. Do not expect AI heroes to present much of a challenge or offer an interesting experience at all outside of sandbox testing. Creating AI's for this game mode from scratch is difficult and will not pursued.
- Large, beautifully crafted MOBA-inspired map with high attention to detail
- MOBA-style game mechanics: including a unique hero level/experience system, economy, energy/mana system, AI-controlled infantry armies and neutral creeps, upgrades and powers
- 8 'commando' inspired heroes, each with 4 unique abilities and characteristics
- Over 30 upgrades and support powers
- Emphasis on competitive multiplayer/team-based experience
- Developers: cnc315d4d, Predatore
- Zypherbullet for some texture work and misc assets
- Stygs (Tiberium Wars Advanced) for new predator tank model
- CNCLabs for assets from The Forgotten mod
- Lauren/Bibber for invaluable modding tools and advice
If you have played the map but aren't aware yet, there's actually more than 1 game mode available in Renegade Wars. The game mode selection is triggered via selecting specific factions before you start the map.
Before I explain these, I'd like to clarify basic game setup for those who aren't aware. As you may already know, there are 3 hero slots (start positions) and 1 base-controller slot per team. In order to play, you need a minimum of 4 players: 1 at a hero slot and 1 at base-controller slot on teach team. The base-controller is typically assigned to AI, since this player isn't involved in actual gameplay and is essentially an observer, but is still necessary for the towers/infantry waves to work properly.
So about the different game modes, here we go:
1) Standard Mode: First team to destroy enemy statue wins.This is the standard game mode, which is triggered if you have the standard player setup.
2) 1v1 Mid: First to destroy enemy statue wins. Towers at the bottom and top lanes are permanently invincible throughout the game. Only the Mid towers and barracks can be destroyed. Triggered by: 1 non-Scrin player and 1 Scrin player per team at hero positions.
3) 1v1 Mid Quickmatch: First to destroy the first tower at the Mid lane wins. Triggered by: 1 non-Scrin player and 2 Scrin players per team at hero positions.
4) 2v2 No-Mid: First team to destroy enemy statue wins. Towers at mid lane are permanently invincible throughout the game. Triggered by: 2 non-Scrin players and 1 Scrin player per team at hero positions.
5) Capture the Flag mode (refined in v1.3): No outer towers, barracks and base structures are permanently invincible. Teams must capture the enemy team flag (near the enemy statue) with their hero, and bring it to the scoring area (at the top-left and bottom-right corners of the map). Triggered by: All players at hero positions picking ZOCOM/MOK.
6) Arena Battle mode (added in v1.3): First team to score certain number of kills on enemy heroes wins. Destroying towers also yields a few points, but not as much as hero kills. The enemy statue and its Sonic Emitter defenses are permanently invincible. Triggered by: All players at hero positions picking ST/BH.
7) Prodigy mode: Picking T59 at a hero slot gives you a Prodigy, a grossly overpowered hero who goes around killing and mindcontrolling stuff. Strictly for trolling purposes, and not intended to be a serious game mode.
*) Sandbox mode: Enables cheat crate upgrades (instant levels/money cheats for heroes etc), which make it easy to mess around and test stuff. Triggered by having both teams' base-controller player as Scrin.
Also worth noting is that in any of these game modes, having imbalanced teams (eg 2v3, 1v3, 1v2 for the hero slots) will cause the game to give extra money income to the disadvantaged team. Arguably, this hasn't quite been balanced well, so don't expect those unfair matchups to be properly evened out.
=== Future game mode ideas ===
These are some crude ideas for future game modes. I'd still have to think about and flesh out the details.
- Escort mode: Each team has to escort truck that move slowly through the map. Team which escorts highest number of trucks in a set period of time wins.
- Boss destruction: The Hexapod emerges out of its cave and goes on a rampage around the map... and... not sure what happens next (incomplete idea).
Do you have ideas for game modes or comments on existing ones? Post them below!
I discuss Renegade Wars' inspiration, development, approach and intended gameplay.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
1.1 official update for Renegade Wars! Various bug and balance fixes included.
Renegade Wars 1.0 without installer, for those who prefer to do it manually.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.