[Release May-2019] Red Alert 2: Intelligence Tech with new version 2.3 expands gameplay further using ares expansion dll... Read full description to see what technologies you can unlock through intelligence that you collect from your enemies...
[Release May-2019] Red Alert 2: Intelligence Tech with new version 2.3 changes gameplay with new "Power enhancements"... !!! All bugs fixed !!!
Version 2.3 | 21.05.2019
Red Alert 2: Intelligence Tech is an unofficial modification (mod) for Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge.
Created by: Wiwi-maX, 2015-2019.
You may not making any modifications on this mod, and publish as yours.
For every part which you need to use, you must credit Wiwi-maX.
This mod includes: Ares - A Yuri's Revenge Expansion DLL v2.0p1 | Launchpad.net
CHANGES v2.0 -> v2.3
- Electrical Poles ware converted from terrarian objects to buildings, damage and buildup animation frames ware created and included.
Electrical Poles are very useful on the battlefield in many cases they will remove the need of second construction yard if it is needed for expansion of the base on one mainland or island. With Electrical poles player can very easily bring power on lower or higher elevation ground, like in the real world.
- Beside these there are the Electrical Pillar (concrete building in water) and the Electrical Pillar Carrier (ship that is able to deploy into Electrical Pillar anywhere in the water) with their use player, can even further expand its base across the water and bring power to another lands.
* You can be calm for now :) AI (computer player) doesn't know to use the power expansions,.. yet.
- Mechanic Rocketeer for repairing air units - very useful for all air units when they are above water.
* Requests Tech Outpost.
NEW Interface features:
- TogglePower OFF / ON with the "O" key from the keyboard. (AI / Computer player use this);
- Save screenshoot with "Shift+S".
- Japan Hack Center - new building at same level with Soviet Industrial Tech and Allied Ore Purifier
- Can be occupied with 5 infantries
- Gives twice more money than Oil Derrick at a time.
* Cannot to be sold :(
1. If your cloak sensor vehicle detects underwater unit, airplanes* can bombing it.
*Airplanes that can bombing underwater units are:
B2, Kirov, Soviet MiG, Allied Stealth MiG for Soviet Turkey, Sukhoi Su-37.
2. Neutral player is now considered as enemy to any other player on the map.
If neutral unit or a civilian attack the player than its allies will retaliate.
3. Alligator and all DOGs (except CHIZKOI) can swim now.
*Alligator attacks in the water while Dogs don't, for keeping realism.
4. Aircraft Carriers and Destroyers splits experience for the kills/destroyings with their Spawns (aircrafts), as follows:
- Ship takes 10%
- Aircraft takes 90%.
5. American Carrier Nimitz's hornets when get promoted will become cloaked (stealth).
6. Soviet Tesla Tank can support Tesla Coil same as Tesla Trooper.
7. Tanya, Natasha, and Boris learn how to become Immune To Psionics when get promoted in Elite status.
8. Chronosphere now affects on Deployed Japan (ex. Yuri’s) Slave Miner.
- Yuri Command Sub cannot be killed by the Squid. Squid now will grab it instead of punching it.
- Veterancy mechanism for vehicles and infantries was updated to support last ARES version.
- American Drone UAV sometimes instead of crashing just goes down to infinitive spin loop.
- Resistance Warehouse now can be sold.
- All known bugs are fixed now:
Game now use alternative cameos for expanded Veterancy support for:
1. Defense buildings get pre-elite status with Spy infiltration in Battle Lab(s).
- Trainable buildings: Prism, and Medusa missile launcher.
2. Naval units get pre-elite status with Spy infiltration in Battle Lab(s).
- All armed naval units.
3. Aircrafts get pre-elite status with Spy infiltration in Airport(s).
- All armed aircrafts.
- Non-controllable spy effect on Tech Airport for limitless “Invasion Paradrop” superweapon found in v2.1 is fixed.
- ARES updated to v2.0p1.
- All tracks (songs) from RA2 and YR are playable.
- RA2:IT doesn't include campaign mode. In according with that the button 'New Campaign' from 'Main Menu' -> 'Single Player' is disabled.
More of the campaigns are broken - they are simply not compatible with the mod.
- If you capture some Tech structure*, that structure is immediately available for you to build it from the side bar.
* PowerPlant, Airport, Machine Shop, Secret Lab, Outpost, Hospital, while Oil Derrick was excluded because is not realistic to be able to be built everywhere on the map; ground doesn't contain oil everywhere.
- Tech Airport changes:
"Tech paradrops" now need both Tech Airport and Tech Outpost.
"Invasion paradrops" is Tech Superweapon that is available only if Superweapon box (WMD & Defenses) in "Skirmish" is enabled.
Invasion with 48 paradrops from different squads from all 3 sides carried by 6 planes gives a feel like Russian invasion with paradrops on Pentagon in first Soviet campaign in original Red Alert 2.
NEW "Invasion paradrops" SUPERWEAPON is fully operational with 3-split voice for all sides, with complete message system for all players and the player who fires it, and AI setting for computer player to defend himself from it. Also the AI (computer player) uses the superweapon normally as any other original superweapon.
- Gap Generator was disabled for computer player. Gap Generator makes sense only in human-vs-human scenarios. Using this building by AI (computer player) no makes any sense because computer anyway knows where the human player is located on the map and that is not a fair play.
- New building to all sides: Resistance Warehouse –
Produces: Flint Westwood, Arnie Frankenfurter, Sammy Stallion;
- Sandbags wall
to be built while the gates left to be able to be built without need from this building.
Goal of this mod is achieved again: Gameplay is far more realistic now!
P.S. Many new mods implement too many new units and structures which knows usually to be complicated for playing because the duration of the match itself is not too long to build and use every each of them into it.
P.P.S. You will be surprised from the fact how good the AI (computer player) actually uses new available features provided by the mod, and how long one skirmish match can lasts.
To play this mod you only need clean install of:
- Red Alert 2 v1.006,
- Yuri's Revenge v1.001.
Be sure that you have no any additional file to your RA2 (game installation) folder before installation!
Red Alert 2, and its expansion pack Yuri's Revenge are registered products and trademarks of their respective owners. (Electronic Arts).