Over the past two months, we have been tediously combing through Project Reality v0.9, addressing any major issues and bugs which were introduced upon its release. With the help of our dedicated tester team and continued feedback from you, the community, multiple tweaks and alterations were performed that have greatly improved the overall game play and stability of the mod.
For those who preloaded the PR v0.91 release, the password required to unlock the installer is now avaliable and listed below. You can also obtain it on the official password page. Also, thanks to several direct link providers, there are several mirrors available to download the un-passworded version of Project Reality v0.91. You can also download via torrent, but you will still need to enter the password in order to install. You can find all of the download links here:
Project Reality v0.91 Preload Password:
If you already have Project Reality v0.9 installed, you only need to download the PR v0.9 to v0.91 Patch. If you do not have Project Reality v0.9 installed, or you have an older version than v0.9, you will need to download Project Reality v0.91 Full, which is split into two separate parts, "Part 1 of 2" and "Part 2 of 2". You will need to download and install both in order to play PR v0.91. The installer will remove any previous versions of Project Reality automatically.
Fixes and Changes
Project Reality v0.91 is primarily a "bug fix" release to correct issues which were introduced with the Project Reality v0.9 release. In this new patch, we have strived to fix and tweak as many aspects of the game as possible to creating the most realistic, team oriented, online gaming experience available on the PC. Here is a brief overview of the major fixes made:
- Fixed TOW/HJ8 crash for some people when entering.
- Fixed Leopard 2A6 and Merkava HUDs having several graphic issues.
- Fixed IDF using english voices in some maps.
- Fixed spectator camera vehicle (prbot) crashing dedicated servers.
- Enemies close to mapper placed rally points will expire them.
- Forward Outposts can't be deployed too close to the edge of the map.
- Lowered maximum number of TOWs per team from 3 to 2.
- Medic kit requires 2 players in the squad to be requestable, instead of 4.
- Rally Points rearm automatically 10 min after expiring. Skirmish gamemode it's still 2 min.
- Updated various maps to help with performance issues.
- Updated Deployable MG nests to have 4x zoom.
- Losing a Forward Outpost will add a slow ticket bleed to the team on CnC.
- The team has 5 min to rebuild a destroyed Forward Outpost before the bleed starts on CnC.
- Forward Outposts must be deployed closer to the center of the map to inflict higher ticket bleed on the enemy on CnC.
- Decreased tickets from 300 to 200 on Vehicle Warfare.
For a complete, comprehensive list of all the changes and tweaks made in PR v0.91, please view the following forum thread:
Project Reality Mod Support
If you encounter any problems while installing and/or playing PR, please check out the Project Reality Mod Support forum. If your problem has not already been posted by someone else, please do not hesitate to start a new thread asking for help. We will do everything we can to provide you with a solution, but we can’t do anything if you don’t ask first!
Project Reality v0.91 Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality game server, you would have received the server files for Project Reality v0.91 via the Server Admin CP already. If you are interested in hosting a new Project Reality server, please follow the link below to apply for a server license.
As always, the Project Reality Studios team would like to thank all of the supporting Battlefield 2 mod websites, server providers, and of course our dedicated community for all of their hard work and continued support. In particular, we want to extend a special thanks to the team over at Mod DB. They have been a huge help to Project Reality over the years and provide great support to not only PR, but the entire modding community. Your guys contributions and hard work have not gone unnoticed and are greatly appreciated!
Last, but certainly not least, we would like to thank Alpha Networks for providing critical test, build and Mumble servers. Project Reality would not be possible without their support.
We hope everyone enjoys Project Reality v0.91! See you on the battlefield!