Global mod for STALKER SHoC, intended to recreate a highly atmospheric Zone with highest possible quality, stability of the game, rich gameplay and loyalty to the canons of the Sci-Fi genre.

Forum Thread
Feedback #5 music...gear...bugs... (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : Old Good STALKER Evolution : Forum : OGSE 0.6.9.2 discussion : Feedback #5 music...gear...bugs...) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 1 2012 Anchor

To no surprise, still LOVING the mod.

Music
I mentioned it before, but I have to state it again: I am SO grateful that you greatly expanded the range of music that one can hear throughout the Zone. I wish that I knew what some of the songs-that-are-foreign-to-me were. I can't understand a single word that they're singing, but the manner in which the words are delivered are captivating enough to make me want me to hear the songs again. A big treat for me was to hear "Fire Lake" by Bob Seger. Like me, he's a Michigan native, and even occasionally still hunts wild game in my hometown. He's got a great smokey/gravelly voice with a firm grasp of Motown delivery, and sadly, his great music is rarely heard on the radio anymore. Here's just a bit of little known trivia: all of the backing vocals on "Fire Lake" are supplied by members of the super group The Eagles.

Here are some other songs that would be quite fitting to hear playing in the Zone:
"Mercy Seat" by Johnny Cash (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were his band on this stunning track; its piano-organ finale is just...epic) Youtube.com
"Hung My Head" by Johnny Cash (AWESOME) Youtube.com
"Lives In The Balance" by Jackson Browne Youtube.com
"Brothers in Arms" by Mark Knopfler Youtube.com
"Seven Spanish Angels" by Ray Charles and Willie Nelson Youtube.com

If there's one guitar-only track that I would like to occasionally hear at a firepit, it would be "Blue Eyes Crying in The Rain" by Willie Nelson. It's such a human song. Sad, deeply felt, and would deliver a solid dose of humanity to the cruelties of the Zone. Here's a version that I found that's guitar & harmonica-only, the two most common instruments in the Zone: Youtube.com

There's a site that you can go that will allow one to download any YouTube video as both a movie file and as a .mp3. It's called "KeepVid," all one needs to do is give it permission to run Java so that the conversion process can begin. Go here for more: Keepvid.com

Any chance of including a .mp3 player in a future release so that we can listen to the music as we cross the Zone? A dangerous thing to do, to be sure, but it would still be neat and immersing if we could do it.
Traders' Weapons Offerings
Still feels too confined and limited to me. Rarely is a weapon offered for me to purchase that I hadn't already traded in. As I stated before, if the weapon are too good and offered too early, then the game balance is skewed too greatly in the Player's favor. But right now, I feel that this is in the opposite direction: about the only time that I find a weapon that I would want to keep, is if I find it in a stash somewhere.

Keep the variant-weapons coming. They're interesting to experiment with, that's for sure.

Any updates on having holo-sights working all of the time, and not just when the weapon's well lit? Virtually every STALKER mod that I've ever played had holo-sights that didn't work properly.
New Equipment=AWESOME
Love the new gear. From the bio-rader, to the automated medical system, to the super anomaly detector, all of them are extremely useful, to the point that I have them activated on my belt 90% of the time. They're not over-powered either, which is nice. At first I was annoyed that the bio-radar is kept separate from the regular HUD map, but this actually forces the Player to play more smartly, and goes a long way to prevent the Player from exploiting the devices' capabilities too easily. The team really pulled these devices off nicely. Good work!
New Creatures=AWESOME
The psi-creatures are especially terrifying to face. The Horror Time events are just that. The skeletons were a HUGE surprise to me. Just about messed my pants when I saw them slam that door open and started streaming towards me. VERY impressive work there.
BUGS
The yellow scientist exoskeleton suit doesn't always display properly in the 3rd person view. It might be only when I'm carrying more than one type of suit, although I'm not completely sure on that theory.
The orange colored, regular medical kit keeps multiplying inside my inventory whenever the automatic medical device activates. I'm pretty sure that this occurs whenever my stamina is low, and not when my actual health is low. I've tried testing this in numerous ways, with no satisfactory "for certain" answer being determined by me.
I took on a mission to get explosives for Wolf (I believe). But he was no longer at Cordon by the time that I returned, and Fang never brings up needing the explosives. I've been stuck lugging around a heavy container of explosives, with no way to get rid of them. If I trade, they're not displayed for me to sell. Any quick solutions to getting rid of the container of explosives?
I'm hopeful that this week I can make some real solid progress in polishing up the Russian-English translation. I've already gone through several of them, but hope to double that number by the end of this week. Real Life's been kicking me in the teeth, but hopefully I'll be able to soon catch a break.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Yours,
Kyle

April 1, 2012

Apr 1 2012 Anchor

Yes there's a bug with the automated medical system, well i did not like using it because it heals me instantly and i like the slow healing (realistic) feature
It heals you once, and if you get injured and trigger another use of the medkit the medical system refuses to use another medkit to avoid overdosage
This is fine, the bug is that it seems to spawn aditional medkits in your inventory, not sure about this (but i did get overweight), what is sure is if you have scientific medkits it refuses to heal you, puts the medkit back in the inventory and you get free radiation heal from the medkit

Apr 1 2012 Anchor

I didn't realize that the medical device was supposed to apply an ENTIRE med kit per attempt at healing. I've been operating under the assumption that all that one needed was a single med kit in one's inventory in order for it to work, and it automatically optimizes the maximum application of the med kit, causing it to last a lot longer than one single application (this assumption of mine was due to not seeing that the med kits were multiplying, as the number was sort of hard to see).

So, how's the kit supposed to work?

May 4 2012 Anchor

The auto doc is a great idea i love it when the russian automated voice comes on to give you a heads up,but i've stop using it because of that infinte med kit bug.I can deal with the extra spawned med kits,just drop them.But the bug works one step further then just continued spawning of med kits,i've noticed while equiped it won't let you die!,when being attacked by any mutant,or gun fire,accept head shots!,your health bar does'nt go below about 10%.For example i was in the dark teratorries once being mauled by two blood suckers,every time my health bar went down to 10% the sound of the auto doc kicks in and trys to give a dose of med kit,but because the game does'nt allow you to use med kits one after another,the health bar was'nt going up nor down below 10%!.I was just standing there for a long time while the blood suckers were going crazy trying to kill me until a merc took me out with a one shotta!.I realy hope the guys from OGSE fix this bug and keep the auto doc because just like the bio rader it's a very neat idea and carry it over to 0.9.6.3 because if you use it as it is now it's cheating and for that reason i don't use it.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.