Full release package of Mobility Mod version 2.0. It contains the modified Episode 2 engine, and the original tutorial/mini-campaign. It does not contain the levels and content of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, or Episode 2 - they are loaded from your existing steam installations.
This is the full release package of Mobility Mod version 2.0.
Mobility Mod Version 2 Install Guide
- Steam installed
- Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 installed in your primary steam library, inside where steam is installed. E.g., C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2. These should NOT be switched into any betas. Probably a good idea to launch these and make sure they run okay.
- Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in the same library, and switched into the 'Upcoming' beta on the betas tab
- If you had to do anything to get to this point, probably a good idea to verify local content on anything you've changed.
- Exit steam using the menu: Steam->Exit
- Download the ep2_mobility_v2.0.zip package
- Scan it for viruses
- Unzip the package into the sourcemods folder in your primary steam library, e.g. C:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods
- Make sure that it unzipped to the correct directory. You should see steamapps\sourcemods\ep2_mobility, and inside the ep2_mobility folder there should be a bunch of files and folders
- Launch Steam. You should see Mobility Mod v2 in your steam library. Launch it
- If it crashes to desktop after the Valve video, it probably means you missed a step with the prerequisites. Double check everything.
- Go into the options menu and configure keys for grenade, melee, toggle speedometer etc.
- Go into Keyboard->Advanced and enable the developer console - you'll need it if you want to use lessclip or the new EGAR rocket launcher
- Start a new game, pick a chapter. If you haven't played the mod's tutorial, that's a good place to start. If you have, you might want to play the new melee tutorial - it's very quick. You've got all the chapters from Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 available.
- Have fun!