In order to play Heroes of Might and Magic 5.5 mod seamlessly, follow the guide below.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.00 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (all 32/64 bit)
- Video Card: 1 GB of VRAM, Shader 3.0, DirectX 9.0c NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870
Fresh installation instructions
- Acquire the game -> GOG, Steam or Uplay.
- Install Heroes of might and magic V: Tribes of the East.
- (GOG and Steam editions are already patched) Patch the game up to version 3.01. Download the English patch. For other Language editions find proper patch here.
- Install one of HoMM5.5 mod versions:
- Apply MMH55 fixes (if such are available). Patch installation notes are available on the download page description.
- RC13 branch - install RC13a hotfix.
- RC14 Beta 6 branch - no patches released yet.
- Video of the installation process
- Unless your native language is English, you can download appropriate language and campaign dialog pak files from here.
- Owners of Steam game version should use EXEs provided by the mod - MMH55_64.exe MMH55_Utility_64.exe instead of running the Steam launcher
- ARMG editor requires administrator privileges to save map files on the Windows System Drive (C:). To go around the issue start the game as Administrator (Right click -> “Run As Administrator”) or just install the game on a non-system drive.
- Uninstall the current version of the mod by starting Unintal.exe in <game directory>
- Do a fresh install by following the guide above.
- After upgrade start a new game as saved games will not have new changes applied
If the mod does not run or game experience issues check the F.A.Q. 99% of existing problems are already solved.
The MMH55 team