"It is the 31st century. The invading Clans drive towards Terra as the feudal houses of the Inner Sphere collapse into civil war. Amidst the ensuing chaos, will you be a forgotten casualty...or a living legend?"
MechWarrior: Living Legends is 14v14 total war in the BattleTech universe. Stride the battlefield in a titanic BattleMech - or swarm enemy 'Mechs as armored infantry. Rule the streets as a tank commander, or pound the enemy with field guns and cruise missiles. Dominate the skies in fusion-powered aerospace fighters and nimble VTOL attackers.
Built on the Crysis engine, and featuring Battlefield's open maps and domination style gameplay. Matches escalate from skirmishes to ferocious armor battles and airstrikes. But you'll always start on even ground: there are no persistent unlocks or levels.
Total warfare in the legendary BattleTech universe. Standalone. Actively, passionately developed. Totally free.
First, a warm happy new year to you all from the MWLL dev team!
And now, the update that many of you have been waiting for! Since 0.10.1, we've even further refined Battle Armor gameplay and directly related areas, added a couple new toys for you to play with, and tweaked a bunch of weapons and build rules for certain chassis. Particularly notable among the changes are a complete revamp of how the BA Recoiless Rifle deals damage, a global reduction in the hatch escape timer, BA SRMs fixed to hit reliably, the reactivation of infantry bays in the Hephaestus hovertank and Goblin tank, and the new B-Pod equipment! As we keep working out and overhauling the Battle Armor system, you can expect more of these fine-tuning passes.
Additonally, for anyone that missed it, here's a brief demonstration of the B-Pod (basically a one-time use anti-Battle Armor explosive) in action:
So, without further ado, here's the changelog:
--- BUG FIXES ---
- Fixed a crash caused by the chat system
- Madcat Prime now recieves its two free tons from previous CLRM build rule changes.
- Fix for missing textures on Vulture torso.
- Fix for BA SRMs rarely registering hits, they should now always hit reliably.
- Fix for RearFiringLaser visual beam not reaching to its full 500m.
--- GAME SYSTEMS ---
- Hatch escape timer globally reduced from 3.5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Hatch escape timer has been removed from the APC.
- Select Mech variants now have B-Pod Anti Battle-Armor equipment. These are mounted on the mech's hips and release an explosive when fired (default key 6) which will cripple or heavily damage any BA in a radius around the mech. Note that the damage is not great enough to kill a BA from full health.
- Battle Armor now have a hardmounted Machine Gun which can be fired by pressing Mouse 2 (old grenade throwing button).
- Activated BA spawning onto infantry bays for the Hephaestus and Goblin.
--- GAMEPLAY ---
- AC2 moved to AP ammo to match the other standard ACs.
- ATM [HE] lock time reduced to 0.6 from 1 second.
- Decreased the spread cone of ATM-3 [HE] launcher to improve accuracy.
- BA Recoilless Rifle animation sped up to more closely match mPPC raise time.
- The BA Recoilless Rifle now has Armor piercing capabilities against tanks, hovercraft, and aircraft. Damage modifiers are as follows:
--- Tanks: 2.25x against side armor
------ 3x against back armor
------ 1.5x against turret armor
--- Hovercraft: 1.3x against side armor
------ 1.6x against back armor
------ 1.15x against turret armor
------ The LT, Huit, and Mithras are considered hovercraft for these modifiers. The APC is not affected.
--- Vtols: 1.6x
------ Light 1.75x
------ Medium 2x
------ Heavy 2.25x
------ Assault 2.5x
- Increased damage of PointDefenseSystem and doubled its HP to prevent it from being destroyed so quickly.
- Restored full explosive area of Air_MRMs to match ground MRMs.
- Improved BA Grenade Launcher fire rate and explosive radius. Increased the speed and drop of the grenade.
- Slightly improved the agility of MRM tracking.
- Reworked BA Small Pulse laser to continuously fire, also reworked damage.
- Reduced light kinetic modifier against VTOLs from 1.9x to 1.6x
- Increased TAG range from 1300m to 1350m.
- Decreased HAG range from 1250m to 1200m.
- Increased Light Gauss range from 1200m to 1250m.
- Increased MRM damage from 78 to 82.
- BA armor regen delay increased to 5 seconds from 3.
- Moved some armor from Cauldron-Born Externals to its Side torsos.
- Moved some armor from Argus side torsos onto its Arms.
- Improved the turning ability of the Bushwacker.
- Reduced cost of BASRM ammo from 2k to 1k.
- Reduced BA health and Armor regeneration rate by 25%
- Thanatos Build rules tweaks:
--- Thanatos now received free hard mounted GECM.
--- Standard and Improved Jump Jets prices and tonnages halved for the Thanatos.
- Enabled equipment for the LongTom. The standard now comes with one PDS and one LAMS, the short with two PDS, the long with two LAMS.
- Ryoken Build rules tweaks:
--- Fix for missing internal tonnage in build rules which resulted in an extra ton of podspace. (was counting as 45 tons rather than 55 tons)
--- Ryoken now no longer recieves a free heatsink.
--- Ryoken now counts as 10 tickets from 11.
--- adjusted torso hitboxes on upper torso to match the shape of the lower torso (cockpit canopy).
- Hawkmoth Build rules tweak:
--- Moved Hawkmoth engine to STD from ICE to match Donar as its base chassis price was already set up for STD engine.
--- Hawkmoth gained 1.5 tons of podspace, all of which went into better weapons to help it keep up with the Donar.
--- Moved to Clan FF armor from standard armor to improve its durability.
--- Increased base chassis price by 6k.
--- Redistrubuted armor to areas more likely to be hit.
--- Base chassis price decreased by 3k.
--- Improved the max yaw from 90 degrees to 135
--- Increased armor on CT slightly.
--- AUDIO CHANGES ---
- Vehicle based weapons are audible for close to 1km from the source. Locate your enemy by the sound of the carnage.
- ASF engine sounds changed so that when a player throttles down the plane doesn't get near total audio stealth
- Heavy Small and Heavy Medium Laser play charge sounds again
--- MAPS ---
- TC_IvoryTower: Removed erroneous Assault class builds from forward bases (this was never intended)
--- VFX ---
- Adjusted BASRM missile particles to look more like SRMs and less like Tbolts.
---------------- KNOWN ISSUES ----------------
--- GAMEPLAY ---
- If you are lucky, your pulse lasers occasionally will fire an additional laser pulse. Despite being useful in some situations, this is not intended. Sorry! :)
- In the Coupled Unlocked mode, when the reticule is very close to the center of the screen, the torso will stop moving, but the reticule will keep trying to recenter.
- The Oro and Rommel cannot turn while reversing.
- Air LBX does not collide with mechlegs
- BA SRMs always update in the HUD correctly whether they are selected or not, but only after they have been selected once after a respawn happened. After they have been selected, weapons can be switched, and they will always update correctly.
- When left empty, each BA SRM tube needs to be manually reloaded (can be initiated by using the fire button)
- BA hardmount MG cannot be fired during SRM reload while the SRM are selected
- BA arm remains in position when hardmount MG is expended - weapon switch clears it
- BA hardmount MG triggers "reloading" state on one of the SRM indicators when they are selected
- BA hardmount MG is not yet textured.
- BA hardmount MG lacks a muzzleflash effect. (it was heavily bugged) Tracers still work properly, however.
--- GAME SYSTEMS ---
- Crashes can happen. Workarounds are available in the Troubleshooting guide.
- You might get stuck in the connecting screen. This depends on your ISP, but if that happens, a workaround is available in our Troubleshooting guide.
--- MAPS ---
- TC_Palisades: Both ASF factories will only build one ASF at a time.
--- HUD ---
- Certain HUD elements might overlap other UI elements.
- BA SRM ammo counter does not update until the weapon was selected and the reload on them was triggered once
--- CONTROLS ---
- DirectInput Joystick support has been removed due to instability. You can continue using your joystick by following this guide: Wiki.mechlivinglegends.net
Your game launcher should prompt you to update MWLL as always - with that big green UPDATE button in the middle of the window!
Again, happy new year to everyone, and we really hope you enjoy this update!
We've made it to this year's Mod of the Year Top 100, and are aiming for that Honorable Mention (again)! Additionally, MWLL's 0.10.2 update is around...
The devs behind MWLL are back with a massive new update! The 0.10 update lays the foundation for the planned Battle Armor rework, bringing with it new...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Full game archive for when the normal download is too slow for whatever reason :D
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (7 agree) 10/10
MechWarrior: Living Legends is simply the greatest multiplayer mod ever created. From the fantastic level design, art direction, particle, graphics and sound effects, to the intricacies and balance of the weapons, equipment, mechs, vehicles, infantry, the relative faithfulness and respect for the franchise, this mod has it all. The sheer amount and quality of work done on this mod surely exceeds most commercial AAA offerings, but the MWLL team does it for free and we're not even out of beta yet…
Nov 18 2010 by blah238