Dear people of the Modb community, we, former and current MOS members, have created a huge submod for your entertainment. This mod might have started out as a compilation of many smaller mods, but currently houses much unique content as well. MOS aims to be as lore accurate as possible while giving the best game-play experience ever seen in the world of Third Age Total War. After not being active for more than a year we are once again busy updating our mod. This has resulted in the release of version 1.7. We are still at it and we expect that there are yet some updates to look forward to. The Massive Overhaul Mod (or simply MOS) is a submod for Third Age Total War, one of the most popular submods that ever has been made for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms.
Enhanced MOS v1.70 Sub-Mod improves and enhances several aspects of the original mod! ----- LAST UPDATE: Aug 27, 2015 - COMPLETE EDITION!
This reshaping sub-mod is compatible with the latest patch of MOS v1.70 (all inclusive patch 01-04 + hotfix patch 05), so it requires the newest version available until now.
Enhanced MOS v1.70 Sub-Mod - COMPLETE EDITION improves and enhances several aspects of the original mod:
- several units have been added for all factions (both campaign and custom battles): most of them converted from DAC sub-mod, others unlocked within the game. Max cap on units reached, no more space left: 500 units in-game awaits for you;
- some bug-fixes and improvements/changes in campaign_script file and descr_regions file;
- changed throwing attack animation of many foot skirmishers. Old slower animations have been replaced with new faster ones. Foot javelinmen are now more useful;
- altered statistics and numbers of several foot bodyguard units (generals) for a better balance. Heroes' bodyguards have been adapted as well;
- revisited character's movement points and guilds availability to all factions;
- added voices/images/UI cards/units description to all new troops and altered costs for watchtowers;
- changed a few army positions at startgame;
- added new hidden_resources to match additional units and change recruitment locations of others already existent (especially Gondor);
- several changes concerning bonuses/recruitment/requirements/unit availability in EDB file;
- some alterations in EDU file as regards pre-existent units, plus the implementation of new units;
- revisited and reworked the mercenary system (new units are available and the overall distribution is changed);
- recruitable generals (bodyguards) for all factions;
- some unit/building descriptions have been modified to fit the new changes and/or solve existing issues;
- fixed various bugs on "silver units" (now they have proper textures, UI cards and unit images added as well);
- More differentation between "good mercs" and "bad mercs" in the mercenary system file;
- reworked the whole guild system (now guilds are easier to be build and are accessible early in cities than in castles);
- some adjustments in EDU and battle_models files to solve bugs affecting units;
- added several graphic minimods for a better gameplay experience (see Credits);
- other small improvements/adjustments here and there.
In the images' section, you can see some preview images of my Mod DB account.
It's easy, you can download the .7z archive here from Mod DB.
First of all, make always a BACKUP of your entire Third Age data folder!
You must install Large Address Aware (only for 64-bit systems with >3GBs of RAM): firstly, consult Titanium - PC Optimization Guide and TECHPOWERUP threads! Put LAA.exe into your M2TW main folder and then run it: select your kingdom.exe and then patch it (you also need to check the enabler switcher box). LAA will strongly reduce your CTDs!
You MUST HAVE vanilla MOS v1.70 (+ all inclusive patch 01-04 and hotfix patch 05), without any other mods!
Then, download the .7z archive and extract all files included into data folder in the main data folder of Third Age mod (path - C:\Programs Files\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Third_age_3\data). OVERWRITE ALL THE FILES when requested!
After having finished the extraction, DELETE events.dat and events.idx in sounds folder (path - data\sounds).
Delete map.rwm file in data\world\maps\base before starting a new campaign. REMEMBER! Just wait a minute after having selected "start game": map.rwm file needs to be regenerated by the engine.
Enhanced MOS v1.70 Sub-Mod - COMPLETE EDITION is NOT SAVE-GAME COMPATIBLE! A new game is required!
If you experience problems of sorts, try to contact me!
Thanks. Enjoy the new changes!