Lost Alpha is a new episode of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series made by dezowave group for free!
Lost Alpha Developer's Cut v1.4002 repacked version, containing pre-dc v1.3003 + dc v1.4000 + 1.4001 + v1.4002!
Here is a repacked version of Developer's Cut. You will need to install Lost Alpha 1.3000 first, then this big 1.4002 make sure 1.4002 is installed to same dir as 1.3000 (make sure you check the path in the installer)!! Then you are ready to play. If you install this the first time, new game start is a must. If you already had 1.4001 from various sources, new game start is still highly recommended, otherwise not all of the fixes will take effect. This new patch will erase your user.ltx to make sure nothing remains from the old 1.3 release, which could also cause trouble.
We were browsing the forums since the release of 1.4, and tried to fix all possible bugs, which we could in such a short time, to make the game much more enjoyable. We will post a changes log once its finished, it's not too long, but not short either.
Don't forget to bug us, if something happens, we will try to help, if we can. However there were many reports which were pointed to problems on the user's side, not on ours/game/. In most cases it took us hours to help, but we did, and in the end, everyone was happy. We will try to keep this attitude with players, who are the same friendly to us, as we are to them.
If you install Lost Alpha 1.3000, don't forget to install the OpenAL sound driver in the end ,among with the other 3rd party content, so the game will work flawlessly as it should.
If you have problems with openal32.dll, remove it from the bins directory, and use the generic drivers in game. It's possible that it wont work on all hardware. We couldn't test all possible variations.
Changes log of 1.4002:
- fixes for Nimble (crash on sleep)
- fixes for escape smarts and npcs
- fix for weather crash and blowout
- fix for artifacts with zero values
- fix the text of the side task for Mole on the Agroprom level
- fix for the Factory in Cordon, now Petruha and team will not follow you, if you decide to do it alone
- Nimble will no longer die during the run from the village under the bridge and vice-versa
- Fox shouldn't die either, also should not react on any noise in his bunker
- Fixed a script error with the implementation of invulnerability for npcs
- fix for Darkscape level to keep actor's weapon usable on a mission
- fixed a bug with pda crash on the Darkscape level
- fixed a bug with pda crash on the Dead City level
- fixed duplicate icons for certain upgrades and unique items
- fixed the military behavior in Dead city
- fixed the cutscene in Dead City level (the cutscene is now synchronized)
- fixed the quest with Sidorovich's documents
- fixed particle crashes in Forest level
- fixed icon for quest item in Forest level
- dialog about killing the bloodsucker "King" added for Petrenko
- repeating of the cutscene on the Escape level is corrected
- some corrections in translations in Russian and English
- removed "ger" and "ita" localization from the menu, they aren't finished yet
- fixed skill points for pda, they were not updated properly previously
- fixed ui related crash on 4:3 monitors
- added support for 4:3 monitors, fix from Lone_Wanderer21
- fix crashes on 4:3
- fixed weapon aim positions for 4:3 resolutions
- fixed binoculars texture
- npc grenade throwing is restored
Since this new installer removed the old user.ltx, you will need to calibrate the hdr and tonemap settings once more. We will write a guide how to, but there is no good setting, thats why we havent included any, since it will look different on each monitor. You will need to open console, and type:
r2_tonemap_lowlum x.x and r2_toneamp_middlegray x.x (any value which is higher than the default ones in case of lowlum, and any value which is lower than the default in case of middlegray) and play with the values until you are satisfied. This needs to be set only once.
Also: make sure the "r2_allow_r1_lights" set to "on" in your new user.ltx after you installed this new patch!
Let's go to the Zone once more!