Legend of the Galactic Heroes (LoGH) is based on the Japanese animation series bearing the same name. LoGH is all about the epic battles between gigantic fleets of the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance. This mod will feature different political factions of the empire or the alliance. We aim to recreate the space opera feeling and the fleet tactics employed in the series. Research and economics will be reduced to a minimum and the main focus will be on tactics and fleet movements like in the series.

Forum Thread
1.12 Hotfix - 2010.10.24, Data-only/Sins Optimization Project (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Sea of the Stars : Forum : Feedback and Bug Reports : 1.12 Hotfix - 2010.10.24, Data-only/Sins Optimization Project) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 2 2010 Anchor

So, it's been several months since the last release, and there are still a fair number of complaints over game lag. This frustrates me. A game, a mod, can have as many fancy features as the creators can think up and implement, but if the game doesn't plain run there's no sense to it. Pretty much every single change I've made since the initial release has been trying to get lag down. I'm tired of it. I want this *done*, so that we can go on to the more interesting and fun business of adding new things. If it's not... well, look at it this way: the next logical step is adding mines. A few minefields have as many buffs attached to them as a small fleet. Given the lag I'm hearing about with fleets alone...

Anyway, here is the original post, made over at Modcraft. I'd hoped for a more vigorous response, but not a word in the past week and a half. I hope that the response here will be more animated.

There are two versions attached here; a "Full" which includes some of the texture optimizations made by the Sins Optimization Project; and a "Slim" which just includes new data files. The checksums for the two are the same, so you should be able to use them interchangeably. I want to know if the former actually makes a difference.

One bug is that, due to removing the multiple sound spawns for each individual weapon (one for muzzle shot, one for firing, one for impact....) weapon sounds are a lot quieter, if they can be heard at all. Hopefully that'll be fixed. I never did [properly] learn how the sound works for this game.

If this doesn't work... well, the only other thing that I can think of is that there's a memory leak, maybe caused by ships running out of antimatter. Maybe this can be fixed by having them regenerate it very slowly. I've spent the entire past year of working on this almost solely to crushing this bug, and I really want it to be done and finished.

Please give feedback ASAP. I'd like to hear from people here before we go for a general release on moddb.

This isn't the general release. It's a beta patch for a beta mod. There'll be a proper one eventually, but right now I want to know if the (fairly small) changes I've made actually affect anything. So please, spill your heart out. We need to know.

Make sure your checksum comes out to 63734735. If you've got the 1.1 release with the 2010.6.01 patch on top, move this to the very top of the stack. If you have the full 1.11, then just load this over that.

Try out both versions. They should be compatible with each other.

Gineiden_2010.10.24_Hotfix_Full.zip
Gineiden_2010.10.24_Hotfix_Slim.zip

Edited by: renner

Nov 16 2010 Anchor

It seems you need to join mocraft to download those files, why don't you upload them here? It's not obvious you've issued an update as there's no news about it on the front page here. I've tried to register on that website but it seems to have problems with me registering so I can't download the file for now, I'll try again later.

Edited by: Lohengram

Nov 17 2010 Anchor

Yeah, I was wondering if that would turn people off. I don't have administrative rights here, so I can't upload the files directly to moddb (and also, I was kind of hoping that I could get some feedback before doing a big bells-and-whistles front-page update), but I guess this forum is too obscure and most people only check the moddb front page. Ah, well.

Sea of the Stars 2010.10.24 - SOP 2.00MB
Sea of the Stars 2010.10.24 - Data Only 190.22KB

Nov 20 2010 Anchor

I'm having a problem I'm getting a different checksum then your "63734735", does that mean something has gone wrong? I get checksum 19767053.

Nov 20 2010 Anchor

Huh, that's odd. Are you remembering to load the patch over the main files?

I just remembered that different numbers of mods will affect the checksum, too, so if you're running it from 1.11 you should have 42379800. I can't figure out how you would be getting a number in the 1000000 range, though, because both 1.1 and 1.11 go up to 2000000 by themselves.

The proper load order for 1.1 + 6.01 patch + 10.24 patch is:

2010.10.24 (SOP or data-only, doesn't affect checksum)
Gineiden 1.1

The proper load order for 1.11 + 10.24 is:

Gineiden 1.11

Edited by: renner

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

If by load the patch over the main files you mean going into where I have the modd I get from the download page here and replace the files there with the files that come in your links then I am doing that. Also I should have added that the game doesn't work and crashes and creates a file dump when I used the files from either of those two links.

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

Nononono, you don't touch the files in the mod directory at all. Once you unzip the mod and the patches into the proper folders you're done. You do the merging from the mod menu *inside the game*.

This is what it should look like if you're using 1.11:

This is what it should look like if you're using 1.1 + the 6.01 hotfix:

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.