Ultimate Mod for Knights of Honor, it's not only a compilation of older mods, it's a complete lorefriendly rework. New content, new music, new quest, economy tweaks, AI clever than ever and full HD ; now in French / English and German

Forum Thread
FIXED - 1/4 Screen Bug - FIX #1 (Games : Knights of Honor : Mods : Ultimate Edition - HD Patch & Overhaul (EN/FR/DE) : Forum : Full HD Patch : FIXED - 1/4 Screen Bug - FIX #1) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 1 2016 Anchor

Bug description : the game works but you can't access the bottom / right corner of the game. So you can't quit the menu.

this bug is now fully fixed (i hope so!). Here is the way to fix :

1. Launch the game and see that your game isn't runing well -> your screen is cut and you can access to the bottom of the right corner.

2. Launch the fix with fit to your game. You can launch it with a shortcut in your application shortcut (under Knights of Honor Ultilmate Mod folder) or manualy : go to your koh folder > tools > installer > videoMode > patch1366.exe (or patch1680.exe or patch1920.exe) - depens of your install

(it will tell you if it has worked or crashed. Don't hesitate to send me a report)

Edited by: Gazatus

Aug 1 2016 This post has been deleted.
Aug 1 2016 Anchor

Sorry : Dl.dropboxusercontent.com

or

Mega.nz

EDIT : FIXED IN 2.2 UPDATE

Aug 5 2016 Anchor

is there any solutions for this?

only 3/4 screen in my 15.6" monitora2

Edited by: raz5int

Aug 5 2016 Anchor

This mod is ONLY for Full HD 1920x1080 resolution!
If you are running on your PC this resolution try this:

Run the "listdisplaymodes-w32.exe" program (located in the tools folder inside the "Knights of Honor" install folder), press "show display modes" and find your mode on list.

Locate KoH.in2 in "C:\Users\%your pc name%\Appdata\Roaming\Black Sea Studio\Knights of Honor\" (Appdata may be hidden), or try to search for it.
Open it with notepad and edit:

[video]

fullscreen = 1
mode = xx <- mode from listdisplaymodes e.g. "63"
width = xxxx <- should be "1920"
height = xxxx <- should be "1080"
freq = xx <- should be "60"

Aug 5 2016 Anchor

After i modified KoH.in2, when i star KoH.exe, the setup resolutions pop out, so i choose 1920x1080 60Hz. And the screen begin to 3/4 only.

And then i tried to changes the compability

a3

It run well

a4

Aug 6 2016 Anchor

Oh interesting ! Disabling display scaling can fix this... Thanks !

Aug 19 2016 Anchor

Hi i've just installed this mod and this happen to me: KoH1
I did try to edit KoH.in2 but it doesn't work. When i start the game i cant choose resolution (I can when i've just installed the game and played it in patch 1.03). If i press play the game start like this : KoH2
And KoH.in2 return to the original value (fullscreen = 0 ; mode = 0 ; width = 640 ; height = 480 ; freq = 60) no matter what i set

My PC resolution is 1280x1024 and windows 10

Aug 20 2016 Anchor

Yeah, if you read the readme file you will understand that the mod only work for 1920x1080 resolution... If you want a FHD game on a 1280X1024 monitor you have to use the FIX #3 :)

please read this topic : Moddb.com

by the way, give a try to 2.3 FINAL version, you will get less bugs.

Sep 27 2016 Anchor

Hey Gazatus.

First I want to thank you for the great mob and continuing the project on such an old BUT EPIC game.

I have a problem. I am currently on a laptop that only supports 1366 x 768 as max resolution.

I tried all fixes and FIX does not work because when I click 'RUN' under my desired resolution, the app just crashes before it even tries to start the game.

Any ideas? I just really want to try this mod

Nov 6 2016 Anchor

hi everybody guys! sadly the fix is not working and i can t open as a txt the listdisplaymodes-w32.exe file :( could you upload this file modified in internet so that i can download it please? :) i m sorry cause of my bad english

Jan 31 2017 Anchor

This is what happened after i installed the mod,i tried a lot of things to fix it but ended up with nothing, after days of trying i gave up and i deleted the mod and started the game without the mod, ended up with the same problem.After that i reinstalled the whole game and tried again, the problem was still there.

Help !? oh yes i do have 1920x1080.Untitled

Oh never mind i remembered what folder to delete.

Now that i am already here i would really loved to play coh in 1920x1080,so if you could help me fix this little issues that would be great!

I tried Fix 1 and Fix 3 but it did not work.

Feb 2 2017 Anchor

Hi,

Basturd wrote:

This is what happened after i installed the mod,i tried a lot of things to fix it but ended up with nothing, after days of trying i gave up and i deleted the mod and started the game without the mod, ended up with the same problem.After that i reinstalled the whole game and tried again, the problem was still there.

Help !? oh yes i do have 1920x1080.Untitled

Oh never mind i remembered what folder to delete.

Now that i am already here i would really loved to play coh in 1920x1080,so if you could help me fix this little issues that would be great!

I tried Fix 1 and Fix 3 but it did not work.

You need to remove your saved profile in %appdata% > black sea studios > knights of honor. Delete the whole folder to be sure (black sea studios ! not your system32 folder haha !)

I'm sorry for this trouble, we are doing a lot of work behind the scene. Menssie is working on multiple resolution support, and i'm still searching about knight Bar, fix this bug and some other ideas...

totalwar89 wrote:

hi everybody guys! sadly the fix is not working and i can t open as a txt the listdisplaymodes-w32.exe file :( could you upload this file modified in internet so that i can download it please? :) i m sorry cause of my bad english

No problem with your english, i'm not speaking it very well too ^^ I think you have not understood what the listdisplay stand for. This software gave you (when you run it - try to open it with a double click ^^) a list of "modes" available on your monitor and GPU. This settings can be used to make KoH.exe works ! Open the listdisplaymod.exe, click on the button, notes the last (or sometimes just before the last one) entry.

Go to your hard drive, hit %appdata% in the search bar, then hit enter, go to the folder named black sea studios > knights of honor, there you could see a file Koh.in2 (around there, i don't remember exactly). Open it with notepad or notepad++ (it's free and very useful). Go to the line with fullscreen=0 replace it with fullscreen=1

there are some other line such as "modes=X" replace with what you have noted, for example : modes=64, same with width and heigh. Just keep the 16 bits, don't replace with 32 bits.

Sorry for late support, i'm very busy :$

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, this bug is not fully fixed (i hope so!). Here is the way to fix :

1. Launch the game and see that your game isn't runing well -> your screen is cut and you can access to the bottom of the right corner.

2. Launch the fix with fit to your game. You can launch it with a shortcut in your application shortcut (under Knights of Honor Ultilmate Mod folder) or manualy : go to your koh folder > tools > installer > videoMode > patch1366.exe (or patch1680.exe or patch1920.exe) - depens of your install

(it will tell you if it has worked or crashed. Don't hesitate to send me a report)

Feb 27 2017 Anchor

Hi I have laptop win8 with resolution 1600x900 I install all 3 res patch but can't fix 3/4 screen. How I can fix it or it unreal?

Feb 28 2017 Anchor

Force your laptop to be in 1366x768 and try install the 1366 patch

Jul 17 2017 Anchor

Hi,

i want to really thank all of you. I love KoH. And also i have small problem. I cant find listdisplaymod.exe. I looked for app in direction you wrote earlier and nothing (Koh/tools/installer and even in folder Videomode) . Is it possible to give here a link? Or give me any other advise?

Thank you

Jul 18 2017 Anchor

There is no more listdisplaymod.exe becose newer versions of patch automaticly adjust displey mode. If you realy need it, you can find it in older versions.
What kind of problem do you have? Maybe I can help you.

Jul 20 2017 Anchor

Here you go : Mega.nz

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.