Greetings, FX Fans!
In this thread, please share your findings while playing latest versions in the 2.x series of the FX mod. Anything about any new features, changes, updates, improvements, etc. found exclusively in 2.0 and/or compared to previous versions.
This could be anything ranging from new gameplay modes / settings, unit textures, starting fleets, units & technologies to weapon damage, armor, research prerequisites etc.
[ ! ] For bugs / technical errors found in this version please see the following:
FX 2.x Series - Patch Notes
- New Opening / Intro Cinematic (the FX 2.0 trailer previously posted on ModDB instead of the default Hw2 intro movie)
- In-Game Music Player: If enabled, this feature will randomly selects tracks from the Homeworld 1 / Homeworld 2 OSTs (and even from Strike Suit Zero, another game who HW's music composer Paul Ruskay did tracks for). This feature can be customized to shuffle, repeat, fast forward/rewind or manually play selected tracks. You can read more info about it here.
- Updated U.I: Unit stats now display additional icons and slots for upcoming stats.
- Kadeshi A.I now functions properly.
- Starting positions can be locked again (no random spawn points).
- Resource Collectors can now dock properly with the Taiidan Research Station (2.1)
- Turanic Attack Carrier can now build Ion Array Frigates (2.1)
- Kadeshi Nebula Guard (Destroyer) now properly deploys drones (2.1)
- Playing with CPUs in Multiplayer no longer causes an out-of-sync error (2.1)
Changes to Gameplay
- The Hiigaran / Vaygr are not playable for the time being. They will be reintroduced in a later version.
- Revamped Research & Upgrade system. See below.
- Motherships (and some types of carriers) are now unarmed by default (no PDS). Specific production vessels (eg. TUR Attack Carrier, KAD Needleship) may install/unlock weaponry these after the required research has been conducted or corresponding weapon modules have been built.
- Fighter / Corvette facilities have been removed for most races. Strikecraft production is now unlocked by constructing the necessary subsystems on your carrier / research ship.
- No more pre-requisite research needed for building units. New units are unlocked for construction through building the prerequisite modules on one of your production vessels and/or building the necessary research ships.
- Redistribution of armor / weaponry upgrades. (eg. TUR General Corvette gets 3 armor upgrades, Missile Corvette gets 3 weapon upgrades)
Race / Faction Changes
- New Ion Cannon animation (charging + beam).
- New Gravity Well Generator animation when activated (later releases)
- Changes to researching:
- Players now build a Research Ship (Fighters/Corvettes) and later on a Research Station (Frigates/Capital Ships). Constructing the available subsystems on these ships will further unlock unit production on all your on flagships, carriers, research stations, and shipyards. Certain subsystems are necessary to unlock others.
- Can only have 1 Research Ship & 1 Research Station at a time.
- Subsystems (research ship) are shown as additional research ships attached to / linked with the main research ship (like in Hw1), but they do not increase the armor or HP of the ship.
- Research ships no longer stack & no longer reduce the time of researching a technology.
- Retextured / Remodelled Units: All TAI Frigates & Capital Ships.
- New Unit: Resource Collector. Has smaller capacity than previous RU Collector but harvests faster and drop-off only takes one second.
- New Unit: TAI Shipyard. Can construct super capital ships and functions as a mini-flagship. Can be moved through hyperspacing.
- New Unit: TAI Research Station (HW1). Needed for Frigate/Capital Ship research. Can produce fighters, corvettes and frigates. Can be moved through hyperspacing.
- Changes to researching:
- Removal of the energy system.
- 'Pyramid' units now serve as modules, opening up further units for production / modules on Balcora Gate.
- Progenitors now start with 1 The Hand That Shapes (carrier), 1 Balcora Gate, 1 Slipgate & 5 RU Collectors.
- New plasma bomb animation (Wasp, Guard, Drone)
- Retextured / Remodelled Units: Capture Mover.
- New Unit: Slipgate. A mini hyperspace gate that can produce basic units. Has 1 resource drop-off point (bottom). Can dock/repair strikecraft by temporarily transporting them to an alternative dimension.
- Arbitrator boosts the firepower of nearby allied ships. Can now temporarily cloak (C).
- Balcora Gate can now only summon frigates and capital ships.
- Most units can only hyperspace when near Balcora Gate. Dreadnought/Sajuuk are the one units that can freely hyperspace.
- Unit cap for The Hand That Shapes lowered to 1.
- Unit cap for Dreadnoughts lowered to 1.
- Changes to researching:
- Research is now conducted via your starting carrier, the Khar-Toba. As with the Taiidan, constructing the available subsystems on this ship will unlock further unit production on all your carriers and needleships. Certain subsystems are necessary to unlock others. If your subsystems / carrier is destroyed, you will have to build a new Khar-Toba and start over. Previously unlocked units will remain available for production.
- Removal of the crystal system: upgrades are now purchased normally with RU.
- Defence Guns / Heavy Defence Guns (auxiliary) have been removed.
- Strikecraft no longer receive a -50% movement speed penalty when outside the range of a production ship / fuel pod.
- Extensive new main cannon animation for the Needleship (charging + beam).
- New beam animations for several swarmers.
- Retextured / Remodelled Units: Needleship, Resource Collector (+ harvest animation), Probe, Multi-Beam Frigate (animation), Support Pod (turret & launch/dock animation), several types of swarmers.
- New Unit: Cloaked Fighter (Corvette). Has a permanent cloaking field. Disengaged when firing, re-activated when you are not. Enemies will need proximity sensors to effectively counter it.
- New Unit: Commandeer Frigate (Frigate). Armed support vessel. Can produce and dock strikecraft. 5 docking slots. Can activate 'defense field' (T) to activate a single laser tracking turret effective vs. strikecraft.
- New Unit: Destroyer (Capital Ship). Controls 6 A.I. drones that move at incredible speeds and lay waste to strikecraft; can also significantly damage capital ships in groups, but will remain stationary while doing so.
- New Unit: AA Defender Ball (Auxiliary). Mix between a defender / gun platform.
- New Unit: KAD repair drone. Microship that can repair damaged units.
- Support Fuel Pod is now listed under "Frigates" instead of "Auxiliary"
IV. Turanic Raiders
- Turanic Raiders now start with 1 Outpost & 1 Carrier (instead of two attack carriers)
- Various new visuals.
- Outposts can now dock / repair capital ships.
- Harvesting has been normalized (smaller loads, faster drop-off speed)
- Strikecraft can now be build from all super capital ships.
- Changes to researching:
- Research modules for corvette/frigate production can only be built on the garbage station, of which you only have one.
- Retextured / Remodelled Units: "Lord" Attack Carrier, Ion Array Frigate, Outpost, Recycle Station.
- New Unit: TUR Minelayer Corvette. Can deploy minefields (stationary) or attack enemy units via homing mines (mobile).
- New Unit: TUR Vulcan Frigate. Turanic assault frigate equivalent; supports the fleet with twin rapidfire turrets.
- New Unit: TUR Siege Drillfrigate. Boarding unit. Replaces Salvage Corvette. Can board normally (F3 - no damage) or aggressively (F4 - deals damage over time while attached)
- New Unit: TUR Energy Jam Frigate. Mobile hyperspace inhibitor. Can press 'T' to disable the abilities of nearby enemy ships.
- New Unit: TUR Garbage Station
- Upgraded Unit: "Lord" Attack Carrier. Features missile launch bays (press 'T' and select target to unload). Comes with dual Ion Cannons & 2 Vulcan Turrets (no more prerequisite research). Firepower improved, armor reduced.
- Upgraded Unit: Recycle Station (FX 1.88 and lower) now functions as carrier.
- Junkyard Dogs (RU Collectors) default armor value lowered to 2000.
- Missile Corvettes now come with comb missile ('E' + target = missile barrage) by default (no more prerequisite research).
- "Salvage Corvette" has been deleted. (replaced by Siege Drill Frigate)
Edited by: WildHeart|GENESIS|