Heroes of Warcraft is pack of modified basic Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 3: the Frozen Throne maps, that now have completely different gameplay style.
We have completely changed races, their tech trees, buildings, units and some of the skills. For some races even resource gathering and unit limit systems are quite different now, to enchance and completely change gameplay, to turn Warcraft 3 into somewhat different game. You won't use probably any of your old strategies, because now you, your allies and your enemies have completely different units and buildings, not to mention different races than old four - Undead, Human Alliance, Night Elves and Orc Hordes. You can get now not one race, but two - what makes great possibilities of choosing your arsenal, techtrees and technologies you'd use further in game.
Now you can choose two of following eight races, choosing one from group 1 and one from group 2:
- Alliance - combined forces of Humans and Dwarves;
- Undead - not so complex as basic Undead from Warcraft 3, but quite different; simply Living Dead.
- Orcs - wild tribes of Orcs, Trolls and Taurens;
- Forgotten - probably the strangest of all races; Ancient creatures awakened by Demons of Netherworld;
- Blood Elves - rebellious elves searching for new sources of their Power, great Spellbreakers;
- Shadow Elves - descendants of Night Elves, betrayed by their Ancient Ent companions;
- Forces of Nature - Ancients that rebelled and broke their alliance with Elves, now fighting altogether with other Forest Creatures with all those, who destroy and corrupt the Forests of Azeroth;
- Naga - descendants of Ancient Elves, now looking more like a sea serpents than humanoids.
These races aren't as powerful and complex as the four basic Warcraft 3 ones, but after combining two of them you get sometimes even more possibilities than in standard W3. Now you don't create all the advanced unit, but your basic ones gain experience in battles and advance into more powerful ones, like from Green Dragon Whelp you may get "Full-scale" Dragon, after experiencing him on the battlefield - that battle training system is similar to one in Battle for Wesnoth game, but it also has quite a few differences. Very soon I'll upload all the modification notes; mod will be out in this month, or probably even this week. We'll also work on the AI, but that will be much later - gameplay will be quite different, so I can't actually even promise there will be any AI. But we'll do our best.
The maps will be ones from standard Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne games, but changed to be compatible with this mod - they'll have additional 3-10 places called the Ancient Power Generators (more about them in documentation I'll upload soon, as I've already said) and they'll have implemented all the trigger systems to have the mod up and working. So get ready for taking control of brand new units, Your Majesty!
So we've made the Ruins capture system, we've simplified Race Selection system (you just type in the message the races you want to choose), we made already all the triggers we need, and we made following races: Alliance, Undead, Orcs and Blood Elves. We still work on the unit experiencing system, but we already have few ideas on how to make it. Soon we'll release first alpha version of the mappack, that'll include few 2 player maps with 6 of 8 races available (Forgotten and Naga will still be locked). New screenshots incoming very soon.
Yours truly, Heroes of Warcraft team.
We've began creating this mod like week or two ago - and when we saw its quite successful in creating, we thought of sharing it here with you - wish you'll...