The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Half-Life Chess is planned to be a full-blown chess playing system on the Half-Life 2 engine.
Breakdown of planned features:
- Battle Chess. Pieces will move and attack each other when you capture.
- Ranking. Players will be ranked with a standard chess ranking system. Beat an opponent and your rank is raised.
- Clock. A standard chess clock will be available.
- AI. Players can battle it over the internet or test their skill against the AI (which will be an open-source plugin, so that others can write their own chess-playing bot.)
- Variants. Players can play regular chess, or any number of variants, like Crazyhouse, Bughouse or blind chess.
You can see the current changelog here:
it is updated every time I release a new internal alpha to my crew. If you want to get involved, most of the development action goes on in #hlc on irc.gamesurge.net
I have added a new screenshot to the gallery showing everybody's favorite security guard Barney shooting the shit out of an alien. This signifies that the battle chess capabilities in HLC are almost complete. This is a major milestone in HLC.
Also, I'd like to announce that SilentSound's multitalented self is now also coding for HLC. He created a hud, which looks very good. Soon after, I decided that such a good-looking hud had to work, so I wrote out the chess clock for it. Knock one thing off the to-do list!
In light of this progress, I am moving the progress indicator for the mod to 20%.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.