Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) is a mod for the game "Men of War" and some of its successors that randomly generates skirmish missions and lets you keep your surviving forces from one battle to another. Some people find this mod tricky to install the first time - please read the readme.txt carefully and ask for help (if you need it) on our forums here on this site, or at the game developer's site.

Forum Thread
DCG 4.0 load crash (Games : Men of War : Mods : Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) : Forum : Bugs, problems, troubleshooting : DCG 4.0 load crash) Locked
Thread Options
May 29 2015 Anchor

crashHey,

Just want to start by thanking u guys for taking the time to make this. YOU ppl r what is keeping men of war alive,

I dreampt of this years ago if someone could make a dynamic campaign n carry over units n is realistic etc,

before even men of war existed, n u have delivered this dream.

second I should let u know ive made my own realism mod for this as the one that comes with simply is not very..

but have not touched the map files or anything that's hard coded into DCG.

The error I get is the infamous kind of mission load crash,

im aware it happens a lot and to get passed is to load a previous backed up campaign file

but im tired of going back so far after so many hours spent just to get to that same map again and the same crash happens...

I was curious if there is a solution to this? I am using DCG 4.0.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. also a quite annoying bug is that certain times, usually happens in Africa, the mission objectives r outside of the map

boundries n theres no enemies on map either, it makes it so I cannot complete the mission n if im on random 8 in a row...

I have to go way back n if I didn't backup campaign... all together have to start over.

Edited by: STUG88JG

Jun 7 2015 Anchor

Which version of DGC (MoW or MoW:AS) do you use? Do DCG crash if you dont use your own modifications?

The map bug happens due to strange map border setting, which is particular true with some of the AS maps.

~Zeke.

Sep 16 2015 Anchor

love DCG, I have become a hermit in my home office with my headset on. Can't stop playing it.

I am in the Sicily campaign from Afrika and even after adding the 4.0 patch I get consistet crashes seems to always involve the 15 pz and a particular map. I have two of the many error messages saved to a word doxc. Let me know where to send them.

On windows 10 4 proc CPU with 8 gig ram and 5Tb of disk space. mow:as

the crash seems to be related to one map in the sicilian campaign. I have a few screen prints of the crash reports if someone will tell me where to send them

here is another observation, when the map is selected that contains a large port and beach area my 16 tanks end up being placed in eht bay and I lose them aall as their crews swim to shore. any ideas how to stop that?

Mike

just figured out how to handle the tanks in the water issue during setup on a dynamic campaign battle

Am fairly certain the crashes are direclty related to one of the maps in the Sicilian campaign in conjunction with a certain set of combatants. I think I skirmished on that map in other battles. It crashes everytime that particular map is selected in the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION report it is looking for

"/map/single/00_dcg-dcgmission/map"

the above location does not exist.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.