D3FE is now available for download.
D3FE is a series of fixes and improvements to the original Doom 3 game that attempt to fix the shortcomings and issues in the game without deviating from the source material, Think of it like a more refined version of the BFG Edition. if you are not satisfied with what the BFG Edition has to offer, you might find something to scratch that itch here.
Originally this started as a series of simple tweaks, slowly changing more and more things before it turned into D3FE. here's quickly a list of what it currently does:
- Added glow effect to the eyes of the Imps so you can spot them easier in dark areas, this is done to make fighting in dark less frustrating.
- Added recoil effect to fists to give punching a little sense of weight, increased melee distance and also disabled gibbing for fist damage.
- Slightly sped-up the reload animation of the pistol to make it feel less sluggish.
- Slightly changing spread values of the Shotgun to make it slightly more effective, no longer need to shove it in the face of your enemies to make it worth a damn.
- Reduced recoil time of the Machine gun to make it less painful to the eye to fire.
- Adjusted Chaingun viewmodel to make it shake less when moving to left and right.
- Added dynamic light effect to the projectiles of the Plasma gun.
- Increased recoil time of the Rocket launcher to make the screen effect appear slower and smoother.