Project progress can be found here: project
Questions or feedback? comment down below I check daily.
Myself and my project manager have decided to stay with the source engine. Although there is an excellent package called mfps on the unity asset store it doesn't feel or look like day of defeat. As of right now I'm currently working on improving my animation skills to make the 3 guns I have added into the game look right.(gewehr , trenchgun , panzerfaust)
This mod aims to add additional content to Day of defeat. Given the recent port to 2013 me(chapstic) and a game tester. There's a lot of work to be done so if you'd like to help please contact me via moddb or gamebanana.
This project is broken into mini projects because it encompasses many planned mods.
Project upscale : we are upscaling all the textures to 2k resolution rather than the 512 garbage og dod source is set at. -complete
2. Features : we are adding class mirror to the game . Every class will have a mirror with similar weapons. Currently they are server replicated
. Project normals: High poly models will be baked into normals for use on the gun models. we are achieving this through marmoset : This has been canceled due to engine limitations we have decided that the effort is better spent adding features to the game
- wile coyote - base texture
4. Project Hud ; we are updating the heads up display.
First and foremost, thank you for your interest in this mod I wouldn't be here if there wasn't any interest in a updated day of defeat.
because I loved day of defeat when it was in its prime and feel that since it is possible why not?
What I have done so far:
We have managed to upscale all the textures from 512 resolution to 2k resolution with various results. The foliage looks a lot better but there's a lot to work to be done re scaling the textures in the texture control files to make the smaller textures that where upscaled to look proper ie not having bricks the size of buildings
Added two new weapons to the game:
we first add the panzer Faust which was its own custom class but it there was a syntax error in the code that caused other classes to break so we are re working it to see if that solves the issue. We are also changing the animation because you cant reload panzer Faust's you throw them away.
The second gun we added was the Gewehr 43 which still needs adjustment and it actually uses the m1 Garand base class but its it own separate entity if that makes sense.
Lastly we are adding normals and phong(reflection) to the weapons despite having only a small change in the overall look of the weapons I feel this is a much needed improvement
Thank you for reading see you in the future!