Presenting the CornCobMod or the CornCobMan's FunMod (I'm really creative and original with names you see).

Forum Thread
1.83.1 Bug Reporting (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : CornCobMan's Fun Mod for Soulstorm : Forum : Feedback and bug reporting : 1.83.1 Bug Reporting) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 26 2018 Anchor

Great release, glad for many of the hotkey fixes.

I've found the following bugs:

- I couldn't get the squad research hotkey (addons_researches) to work.

- Librarian Word of the Emperor research doesn't actually give the ability, but it's somehow possible to get the ability by taking veil of time, might of the ancients, and compel (resulting in 4 abilities). I'm presuming there are other possible combinations.

- XV81 with only fusion blaster upgrade turns the squad icon to a pink square.

Hotkey-related:

What's the dreadnought twin-linked lascannon (right) hotkey? It's bound to something but I can't figure out what it is.

What's the griffon heavy flamer hotkey? It's no longer using the chimera heavy flamer hotkey but I couldn't find something in keydefaults for it.

Nov 27 2018 Anchor

Hmmmm. I'm pretty sure the hotkey for the menu was working the last time I checked but I'll need to check again.

I must have forgotten to check the requirements of the Word of the Emperor ability. Which means it would become available by either research 1 or 2 instead of 8 like it should.

The pink icon issue should be easy enough to fix.

The Dreadnought lascannon might be something like marine_dread_lascannon if it's the addon. I'm not on my home PC so I'll have to check later.

The Griffon flamer hotkey should be something like guard_heavy_flamer_griffon.

Nov 27 2018 Anchor

Got it, thanks.

I managed to isolate the hotkey for the Dreadnought lascannon. Turns out I overlooked marine_lascannon_addon completely. Fixing it gave the desired hotkey.

Got it. With some testing I found that it was guard_flamer_griffon (which is missing from your keydefaults).

Nov 27 2018 Anchor

The addons/researches is definitely working for me on my end. I also made sure that the taskbar and the keydefaults files were the same in the patch as in my game folder.

I was sure I added the griffon hotkey, not sure what happened there.

Edited by: corncobman

Nov 27 2018 Anchor

Thanks for verifying. I tested again, and it's caused by using the tyranid add-on which does not have the updated taskbar.lua. Switching over to the main mod in my testing was supposed to get it to work but I forgot to update the keydefaults in Profiles for that, so there was no hotkey for it, oops. I've verified that it works on my end without the tyranid mod add-on.

Does the tyranid mod add-on taskbar.lua need to be updated too, or can I just delete taskbar.lua from it so that it will use the 1.83.1 version?

Nov 27 2018 Anchor

I suspected it was the tyranids addon. It needs to be updated which I'll be doing fairly soon.

Edited by: corncobman

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.