This mod update the executable of the original RBDOOM 3 BFG (used in DOOM 3 BFG Hi Def and UltimateHD) and unlocks missing features and improve the classic DOOM engine.
- Multiplayer for DOOM I & II inside Doom 3 BFG Edition
- Restored Ultimate DOOM intermission background animations
-Restored the "fast" parameter on Nightmare Difficulty
- Support for Final DOOM Expansions and Master Levels of DOOM II
- Support for the original Ultimate DOOM & DOOM II WADs
- Widescreen for Ultimate DOOM & DOOM II
- Support for Classic DOOM parameters
- Framerate interpolation on Classic DOOM
- Improved mod support for Ultimate DOOM & DOOM II (in comparison with the original DOS version)
- Restored the original main menu background image for Ultimate DOOM (using mods or the original DOOM II WAD you can have the original main menu background image and for DOOM II)
- Various bug fixes
- Bypass the game selection screen and open any of the 3 games you want instantly
- Restored the original way to put cheats on Ultimate DOOM & DOOM II
- Support for EAX audio on all 3 games
- Support for game.dll on Doom 3 (beta)
- Option to change the Flashlight (requires New Game)
- Advanced Options (giving you various port related options)
- Adjust view model field of view
- Faster and less annoying autosaving on DOOM 3
- Classic weapon view (centered) on DOOM 3
- Option to hide the crosshair on DOOM 3 (and the option to have crosshair with hit detection on Classic DOOM)
- And a simple and very powerful launcher that allow you to load mods on all the three games and change the graphical settings that has been added on the original RBDOOM 3 BFG
(- Plus Fixed and improved third Person view on Doom 3)
Q: The Final DOOM expansions and the Master Levels are shown in the expansion list on DOOM II but when I select them they show "Missing Expansion" message what gives?
A: Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG supports the Final DOOM expansions and the master levles, but in order to play them then you need:
1. To own them (obviously)
2. a)Copy the WADs (TNT.WAD and PLUTONIA.WAD) to \base\wads
b) Copy the "wads" folder from Master Levels to \base\wads and rename it "master"
and you are good to go.
Q: Can I use mods for DOOM 3 BFG Edition with that? (like @UltimateHD or Hi Def)
A: Yes,yes you can
Q: Can I use brutal DOOM with that?
A: No, you can't. Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG Edition has same mod compatibility with the DOS engine and with the addition of built-in DEUSF and DEHACKED. The brutal DOOM mod uses zdoom additional features (which are not available on this mod)
Q: Where I can Find the source code / 32-bit executables?
A: Here : Github.com
Q: Is there any launcher for this mod?
A: Yes, the launcher is bundled with the main binaries on every release it's called CDL.exe
Q: What is "Mod base" in the launcher?
A: Mod Base is like setting a expansion. Well in this case you can set a resource mod (aka a mod that adds graphics,sfx and other files that the main mod doesn't change). So in some way first it loads the mod base and then the mod.
Q: I have seen that this mod is having hud on third Person view, Can you put it on the original Doom 3?
A: Sadly No, but I have manage to put the changes on individual source code files of Doom 3.
Here is the link : Drive.google.com
Q: I have found an amazing mod for the original Doom 3 and I want to port it on BFG is there any way to do it if I am not a Modder?
A: Yes, there is. With every release there is and a tool named "pk4toBFG.exe", this tool allows you to extract .pk4 files in a single directory allowing you to load this mod on BFG.
Q: Can I still get Steam Achievements with this?
A: Yes, if you download Open Platform with Steam and extract the desired OpenPlatform.dll to the game's base directory and the steam_api to the executable directory and make a steam_appid.txt on the executable's directory and write in it the game's steam id.
(NOTE: Some mods might not be compatible with BFG, in that case ask the original Modder if he/she can port his/her mod to BFG, don't ask me for that)
For more information look the projects Wiki : Github.com
The latest Version of DOOM BFA is now available.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The latest Version of DOOM BFA now with improved SDK support.
A Standalone version for Playing Classic Doom ONLY
The latest Version of DOOM BFA now with an installer
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.