Archon ---> Quake. You heard right, elements of the 80's micro game archon extrapolated into the Quake universe. Get ready for a wild ride.                               (free stuff | no warranty | see disclaimer.txt | blah blah blah.)

Forum Thread
Progress to 10.31.14 (Games : Quake : Mods : Chaos Archon : Forum : exhortation() : Progress to 10.31.14) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 1 2014 Anchor

Bug fixing continues. Unfortunately it has reached the point where fixing every other bug
seems to create or reveal another bug. This sort of sucks.

Still, there server test is ultra stable at this point.
I could literally do a release any time I'm done fixing and testing.

I've decided v1.3 will be the final release.
Chaos mod mark II - "the ARCH0NS" as it is now titled will be over.

Chaos mod mark III will be next. A complete ground up re-write of the quake-c.
The tentative title is "Quake HACK"...
It will include quite a few new features.

I'm also thinking about releasing Chaos mod mark I - "the CHA0S" - mostly as an example,
the mod has never been completed. Nor am I really expecting that to ever happen.

DONE: morph_print paragraphs to HUD / cfg files -- for now, still some tweaky to do

FIXED: s6x scourge shots in ground issue -- at least for now - this needs a better solutions
- this might be SC_ZAD setting -- this was the issue - seems coder got the adjust going in the wrong direction
-- ultra scourge even has 6x fire nearish its center guns

FIXED: map ends (true DM) cant continue from intermission view - bots are running around
-- pknextmap seq was active from pk_flags
IMP: pk cube out of range on HUD
DONE: made crates movetype toss - for grav pull
IMP: color in console cprint / echo fns
WIP: morph_print paragraphs to HUD / cfg files

FIXED: bot morphs are not using archon power (thus not adding to the total) -- call morph_print, bot sanitized code
FIXED: deadflag == 1 bug -- added think fn d_flag to PK_PlayerDie
FIXED: grav was making a ton of chaos_tele_expire -- same fix for SoA
IMP: sgw & reality bomb expand as they run
FIXED: reality bomb / grav doesnt suck scraggs ? -- note: perm change to movetype
FIXED: cube made weapon had cube map code of 1000

FIXED: grav + turret badwolf loop bug

FIXED: SoA touch was not working with items / grav wells

reDONE: last spell select on impulse 17
-- note: *._impulse impulses are limited in ImpulseCommands

NADA: when pknextmap alias run by server, inventory goes away - test with a networked player too
-- tested, worked fine - setup in six.cfg

CHECKED: altarbeta fog way too thick for this engine -- decided its ok for now - only really thick at max distances

FIXED: mwheel select with order after orderform spell does not fire, but 1 imp does -- pk_beartrapammo was 512 - had to be 1, 2, 4

NIXED: order / chaos to fly mode if slip into void -- if they go into void in non fly mode, the port back via void ship code

DONE: improved HUD morph cube indicators, added archon spirit as separate icon

FIXED: bigtree skinnage - md2 skin is not overriding with tga properly
-- but now we have the tga override alpha channel z issue that we had with death knights & red sword

NIXED: -- maybe have a select last spell ent

somewhat of an issue in spell casting - certain spells auto select away from the spell, and / or can not be easily recast without
re-selecting via impulse or wheel - banish, imprison, etc. -- this was done on purpose

Seems all you have to do is hit fire again and the spell is back - so fix the HUD maybe ?
-- last actual cast spell could work on imp 17

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.