Archon ---> Quake. You heard right, elements of the 80's micro game archon extrapolated into the Quake universe. Get ready for a wild ride.                               (free stuff | no warranty | see disclaimer.txt | blah blah blah.)

Forum Thread
Beta 1.2 to release version road map (Games : Quake : Mods : Chaos Archon : Forum : exhortation() : Beta 1.2 to release version road map) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 3 2014 Anchor

I have one month until life goes crazy again. I'd like to release the next beta - "1.2".

Hope is great that 1.2 will solidify Archon powers and game play.

Many decisions, however, still remain:
(And trying to avoid feature creep so as to speed things along...)

Will more Archon spells be added to the basics?
How to make the Archon vs. Archon battle an interesting and desireable thing?
Should AI (bots) be able to form and play an Archon?
Should the HUD gfx update be improved more or left in its basic state?
(Some type of in game help will be added for all the spell powers and options.)
What exactly will be total chaos or total order?
Normal characters and demi-archons (if they make it in) need more ways to fight Archons.
How to fix some code issues arising from the dev process?
(specifically item management of real map items, and effects on items.)

Ideas on the plate:

Demi-Archons: Shapeshifter (archon), Wraith (archon II), Dragon, Juggernaut (archon II).
New class of standard weapons (like wizards crown weapons) that hurt Archons by stealing or removing power.
Single player adventure FPS type game involving new map tech (this will be after the DM release candidate is out.)
Integrate mod elements with HD pack (another after beta 1.2 agenda item)

Other things in the agenda:

Release of new HUD as a stand alone add in (surprisingly almost done, I'm using it with AOP)
Code separation of Painkeep 3.0 elements with #define
More interesting monsters / bots and the HD pack integration
Quake Hack 1.0 (essentially a possibly infinite procedure generated quake FPS game)
A new stand alone game based on the procedure map tech - but nothing else from quake

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.