I am proud to announce that today, Battlefront Ultimate Commander has a release date set!
Initially thought the mod shouldn't have released this soon. Long story short I failed the diploma I was working on and I'm, since a few weeks, homeless. I change of home every week or two weeks which is, as you can imagine, a real pain for the Mod. Plus I currently work at the Police, so the schedule is tight. Moreover my future after September 1st is very uncertain. Judging by how life is playing with me right now I decided to play the safe card and set a release date.
Which day you may ask? What better date than BUC's anniversary? BUC started two years ago with this article (tltr: Fall of the Republic became BUC). Yep already two years went by! These two years were incredible, I discovered new awesome people, created a nice little discord, released Beta 1.0, and eventually BUC earned the 8th Place at Moddb's annual mod of the year contest!
Thanks to every single great member of this small community we build through!
Ah yeah so BUC Open Beta 2.0 will be released on August 25th, in 21 days (don't ask me what hour, I don't know!). Even if it's not full with everything I want in, it will be released.
Now, into the recent and awesome work I did not show.
The key point of this article is definitely the arrival of phase 1 clone troopers!
- Unlike other Swbf 2 mod we do not use DICE's SWBF II phase 1 helmet, this one was made, UVed and textured from scratch! Moreover you will be able to play as phase 1 clones on almost every new custom maps and a good half of the vanilla/stock maps!
- Phase 1 clones have a large variety of randomized skins with the four classic: sergeant (green), lieutenant (blue), captain (red), and commander (yellow). And since the mod is focused on Legends/EU material/content, Phase 1 clone legions will not happen!
- Phase 1 clones isn't the only new thing! AT-RT Drivers joined the battle! Once again helmet mesh, UVs, texture made from scratch! Same applies for the gear. Plus, the helmet beauty is only 1700 triangles.
- Also a new muzzle flash has been added:
- Article not finished yet! Let me present you a new clone legion made out of the Bomb Squad Clones.
- Last but not least, I reworked and touched up the Anti-Heresy Clone Legion based on WH40k's
UltraSmurfUltraMarines. Playable in Order 66 Game-Mode (hint: Jedi are an heresy...).
- Lot more have been done, new maps (few were teased in the pics above!), lot of scripting, new sfx, weapon balance, side balance etc.
Click the image above if you wish to join BUC Discord ^^
- Best Regards, Your BUC Development Team.