Command & Conquer Red Alert History is a small mod that adds a few new units. The idea came about because I wondered what a few Red Alert units would look like and perform inside the Tiberium wars engine. I consider this mod a 'museum', wherein I add a few historical pieces that I like into the C&C3; engine! The Mod will be updated by adding a few units at a time (typically around 10 items). The mod is a mixture of mostly EA & public models, as well as a few original models done by me. Check the forums & articles for detailed information and for in-depth discussion.

Forum Thread
Beta 7 : Memory crash (Games : C&C3: Tiberium Wars : Mods : C&C: Red Alert History : Forum : Bug reports : Beta 7 : Memory crash) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 16 2020 Anchor

2020 04 16 14h36 08

Apr 16 2020 Anchor

Hello.

A user posted this comment, is it familiar to you?

GenesisAria GenesisAria Jun 15 2019

After a long time i finally figured out why this is happening, but that leaves me at no way to solve. Having modern AMD graphics drivers, and a 64bit OS results in crashcrashcrashcrash. Out of memory happens in 64bit OS, and E_FAIL etc are due to modern drivers not working properly with the older game, but this happens from too much assets being present ingame. If there's too many different textures and objects it stops being able to render them, so some are invisible or chunks of the terrain vanish before just flat out crashing. But it is the truth that with Tib History and Red History (especially Red History) i get it WAY more than other mods or the stock game.

This is the 4GB patch: Ntcore.com

-- a 4GB tool to patch C&C3 to use more than 2GB of RAM (use it for cnc3game.dat not the CNC3.exe file)

1) If you are still getting an “out-of-memory” message error regardless if you used the 4GB RAM tool or not, you may have to set your texture quality setting to medium and the anti-aliasing off to reduce RAM usage. Also patch cnc3game.dat (not CNC3.exe) to use 4 GB, only if you have 4+ GB of RAM.

You only need to patch the cnc3game.dat under version 1.9, not cnc3.exe.

"Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\RetailExe\1.9"

RE3D_CJ

May 7 2020 Anchor

I still have crash issue after used 4GB patch even I also downgraded my texture quality and aa settings.

so how can I patch cnc3game.dat in \RetailExe\1.9 ??

BTW, I never got crash with Tib History, it only happends with Red History :(

Edited by: wcdaniel

May 7 2020 Anchor

Select the file

After file is 'opened' it should give this message.

Also do the same to 'CNC3.exe'

May 8 2020 Anchor

ok, thank u.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.