1. Install the game just like you would; the original then the expansion, and then patch the game.
2. Try launching the game. If it doesn't launch (assuming your screen flickers a few times before crashing/closing), then create "options.ini" in your "Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data". Edit the file using notepad, and then place the code below into it, and save:
AntiAliasing = 1 BuildingOcclusion = yes CampaignDifficulty = 0 DynamicLOD = yes ExtraAnimations = yes GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0 Gamma = 50 HeatEffects = yes IPAddress = 0.0.0.0 IdealStaticGameLOD = Low LanguageFilter = false MaxParticleCount = 5000 MusicVolume = 55 Resolution = 1366 768 Retaliation = yes SFX3DVolume = 79 SFXVolume = 71 ScrollFactor = 60 SendDelay = no ShowSoftWaterEdge = yes ShowTrees = yes StaticGameLOD = Custom TextureReduction = 0 UseAlternateMouse = yes UseCloudMap = yes UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no UseLightMap = yes UseShadowDecals = yes UseShadowVolumes = yes VoiceVolume = 70
3. Right click to properties on your "generals.exe". Go to compatibility, set "Compatibility Mode" to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and check "Run this program as an administrator", then "OK". Your unmodded game should work properly by now.
4. Assuming you're continuing to install this mod, just install it by going through the instructions packed with the download, or by watching Youtube.com
***ENB will not work unless "Compatibility Mode" is unset. However, by doing that, you will not be able to play on fullscreen. The game will simply crash (at least on my laptop.)***
5. Make sure you set the settings on the mod launcher first BEFORE launching the mod.