Call of Chernobyl is a free-play sandbox mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat created by TeamEPIC. It features 32 explorable maps, reworked level design and level fixes, new original level, Trucks Cemetery, Full AI and A-Life overhaul, engine and script enhancements, Repeatable task system which bases itself on A-Life events, Customizable weather environments for every map as well as surges and psi-storms from AF3, Character creation which includes name, portrait and faction selection; Several optional modes such as Ironman mode, story mode and zombie survival mode, New achievements, rankings and reputation system, PDA leaderboard and enhanced PDA statistics, Companion system with keyboard issued commands, many optional side-features and community-made addons . Call of Chernobyl was player's choice Mod of the Year 9th place in 2015 and 1st place in 2016!

Forum Thread
Squads not spawning properly (1.5 R6) (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl : Forum : General Discussion : Squads not spawning properly (1.5 R6)) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 7 2019 Anchor

I have an issue with spawn of Squads. They are shown on the Map (by an addon called PDA Squads Displaying (CoC 1.5)) and i even get tasks to kill them, but they just dont spawn and are only shown on the minimap. i would like to know how i can prevent it, so i would be thankful for your help.

ss hunte 03 07 19 14 05 07 k00ss hunte 03 06 19 20 14 27 l01

Mar 8 2019 Anchor

Is there no NPCs at all, or only some specific squads are missing?

Mar 10 2019 Anchor

There are still a lot of NPC Squads and they are not specific, just the typical ones that spawn random. Not every Squad is missing but sometimes they just disappear and then they never get "online", their is just the mark that they (the squad) should be there. Do you had this problem too?

Mar 11 2019 Anchor

Not exactly, I come across squads that was in offline, it's not always a bug, not all squads on map ,all time the time, should be in online mod, it is only a problem if you have a quest for such squad, but I always manage to bring them back to online.

Stalker and mutant squads goes from online to offline and back is a standard thing. That's how some night monsters appear at night, and disappear at day.

If you add -dbg to the game shortcut and then enable "Debug HUD" and "Debug HUD Mapspots" you will see all the stalker and mutant squads and their current status. Then you see some offline squads that have "locked" status, this means they locked from switching to online status for some reason, most of the time these will be nigh monsters in daytime, but stalker squads can be 'locked' sometimes too.

As for what you can do if you want some specific squad on the map to switch back to online? Set to 0 online exclusion radius in your preferences, and try to reload a few time, if didn't help, try to switch level, game load or level change often bring back them from "locked" to alive.

You could also try my mod: Moddb.com

maybe there will be some difference, maybe not, idk.

Edited by: melighos

Mar 12 2019 Anchor

Thank you that you answered me this question, you made my situation clearer. i will give your advises a try and I will have a look at this mod when i have some time for CoC.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.