Call of Chernobyl is a free-play sandbox mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat created by TeamEPIC. It features 32 explorable maps, reworked level design and level fixes, new original level, Trucks Cemetery, Full AI and A-Life overhaul, engine and script enhancements, Repeatable task system which bases itself on A-Life events, Customizable weather environments for every map as well as surges and psi-storms from AF3, Character creation which includes name, portrait and faction selection; Several optional modes such as Ironman mode, story mode and zombie survival mode, New achievements, rankings and reputation system, PDA leaderboard and enhanced PDA statistics, Companion system with keyboard issued commands, many optional side-features and community-made addons . Call of Chernobyl was player's choice Mod of the Year 9th place in 2015 and 1st place in 2016!

Forum Thread
Screenshot not working (1.4.22 ) (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl : Forum : Support : Screenshot not working (1.4.22 )) Locked
Thread Options
May 5 2019 Anchor

I'm still using 1.4.22 and haven't moved to 1.5+ yet. Did a thread search but didn't see anything on this topic.

Anyway, I just discovered that somehow all the screenshots made are not saved in the screenshot folder. It worked previously so I don't know when this happened.

Initially thought the key binding (F12) was the problem and switched it to PrntScrn but that was the not the problem.

Checked user.ltx and it showed sv_savescreenshots 0 so I changed it to sv_savescreenshots 1 but that didn't do anything either. Did a search for all jpg files but none of them are the screenshots that were supposed to be saved.

Is there something wrong with the screenshot function or is there supposed to be a line in user.ltx or any file somewhere that specifies into which folder screenshots are supposed to be saved in?

May 5 2019 Anchor

Where are you looking for them? They're in appdata\screenshots for me, F12.

May 5 2019 Anchor

Where are you looking for them? They're in appdata\screenshots for me, F12.

Nope. They're not in there. I mean the folder is there but there's nothing in it. I've set the key back to F12 and pressed it several times in-game. Still nothing.

Is there any particular file I have to edit? Maybe adding a missing save path? If so, then which file that I'll need to edit and at which part?

May 5 2019 Anchor

The path to where the game is saving screenshots is in fsgame.ltx in games main directory, e.g:

$screenshots$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| screenshots\

But it should be okey by default.

May 5 2019 Anchor

The path to where the game is saving screenshots is in fsgame.ltx in games main directory, e.g:

$screenshots$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| screenshots\

But it should be okey by default.

Just checked fsgame.ltx. The line you mentioned above is there.

Maybe I'll try scaling back mods one by one because screencaps totally worked previously. The last I installed was Ignite or Extinguish Campfires - Moddb.com. Could a mod possibly impact screencap because of scripts, etc?

Edited by: volrath77

May 5 2019 Anchor

Could a mod possibly impact screencap because of scripts, etc?

Not sure, you could also try to delete user.ltx, it will reset some settings and key bindings.

May 5 2019 Anchor

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it when I get back home. Just curious though, is it perfectly safe to delete user.ltx? Never tried that before.

May 6 2019 Anchor

is it perfectly safe to delete user.ltx?

Yes, game will create a new one on the next startup using default settings.

May 8 2019 Anchor
melighos wrote:

is it perfectly safe to delete user.ltx?

Yes, game will create a new one on the next startup using default settings.

It worked! Thank you very much melighos! Now the screencap is back to normal.

Edited by: volrath77

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.