The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.

Forum Thread
Release Candidate 7 Testing (Games : Doom : Mods : Brutal Doom : Forum : Bug reporting (Brutal Doom : Release Candidate 7 Testing) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Dec 30 2018 Anchor

This is not a thread for voicing your "opinions" or suggestions about anything. Use the general talk forum for that. Any posts not related to bugfixing will be deleted.

This is the final final test version of Brutal Doom v21 before release.
Seems like every (fixable) bug reported on RC6 has been fixed.

Download RC7:
Mediafire.com

Also, this is the last beta of Doom Metal Volume 5.
Mediafire.com
If you have suggestions of songs to replace, this is the time to voice it.

RC6 Notes:
- Water models feature is now disabled by default, and now it uses a different cvar. Go to Brutal Doom options to enable it again.
- New sprites for SSG by Tomtefars

Edited by: Sergeant_Mark_IV

Dec 30 2018 Anchor

I've mentioned it in the Discord server and here, but TNT and Plutonia maps play their original songs no matter what custom music you use. Those "setMusic" lines in DYNAMICLEV.o are problematic... unless they're there for that Metal volume mod. And even so, I don't see why would they'd be necessary to make a music mod work. Wouldn't renaming the tracks as the files you wanna replace be enough?

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

For D_VICTORY (DOOM 1 End of episode/victory music) could we use Andrew Hulshult's rendition of the song? Currently it uses the MIDI original theme. Not sure what to put for D2's victory music, I found this song but it's not a metal rendition, maybe there's a better song out there?

Edited by: noire1546230907

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

1.-Some decorations placed by the MES spawn over some vanilla decorations if you disable the Advanced decorative objects option. I already reported this a month ago but the screenshots don't show anymore (at least for me). - FIXED

2.-Rescued marines randomly attack you when being too close to them. They start punching you but it doesn't deal damage. - FIXED

3.-Cacodemons, Hell Knights and Barons leave weird blood squares on liquid surfaces. - FIXED

4.-Minigunners Will sometimes do a shotgunner execution (ripping off their head). - Can't tell if this is fixed on RC6, just happened once in mid-playthrough on RC5 and I can't do it again. I believe some steps are required to cause this bug instead of just simply executing them with a Berserk Pack. - DISCARTED

5.- Shotgun has infinite ammo. Using your last remaining shell, the shotgun will automatically load another one if you have none left. -FIXED

6.- Depleting the auto shotgun (with autoreloading on) shows this message: "Jump target 'turbo reload' not found in assaultshotgun". The weapon still reloads anyways.

7.- Can't use the flashlight with the Quick pull pistol button.

8.- Seconding the asais10's report, hitting the ground with the axe shows this message: "P-STARTSCRIPT: UNKNOWN SCRIPT 373".

9.- Beheaded Arachnotron makes zombie noises.

10.-Shotgunners and Assault zombies might drop two weapons with this animation (hitting them in the center and melee executions also triggers this bug).Screenshot Doom 20190120 233340

11.- Similar to the first bug above, something happens on E2M3 with some barrels and small pillars, however this has been happening no matter if you have Advanced decorative objects disabled or enabled. - Still happens on RC7. I noticed that this is tied to the MES and has nothing to do with the other option, probably a little miscode there.

Screenshot Doom 20190107 124313

Edited by: Dubman_31

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

Screenshot Doom 20181231 111132

Screenshot Doom 20181231 112018

Baron Of Hell: After performing a fatality
this error.

ShotgunGuy:After A First Person Attack on Shotgun Guy
Appears the zombieman's hairy chorus.

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

These are still in:
E1M2 LES problems
Jumping on legs, arms and heads messes up the liquid blood effect on every liquid
Blood disappearing under doors
L.E.S. no destructible ceiling lights
Flipping off enemies that has less than 4 health while they are on acid makes them disapear.
Also since rc4 jumping on enemies doesn't always make sound even though they are clearly getting gored.
In rc5 holding e then start walking makes your hands shake with excitement.
Also pardon me if this one is intentional but granade symbol is way to down in the screen.

Edited by: xanrer

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

just one more request: that you can interrupt the recharge of ammunition with the kick

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

I can confirm Dubman_31's report: Friendly Marines seem to have taken one too many Berserker Packs, and will either punch the player, or whack him upside the head with their weapon, if the following conditions are met.

1)The Friendly Marine is moving around.

2)The player happens to be within punching distance.

One example is the Shotgun Marine I rescued; every time he attacked, the "kick attack" sound is played, and a small amount of blood flies out from the point of impact. As the aforementioned user said, they do not damage the players health and armor when they do this.

The solution for the time being: Keep a decent distance away from the Friendly Marines until they stop moving. When stationary, they will not attempt to vent their frustrations out on the player. Only once they start moving will they go ham on the player, albeit fruitlessly.

Dec 31 2018 Anchor

Happy New Year !!! and thanks for your hard work as always. Now my report:

1) While in Berserk Mode, when I am sending flying the Shotgun-guy WITHOUT his body hitting a wall, he will transform to a Rifle Zombieman

2) While in Berserk Mode and having my hands equipped and do the Left Punch, Right Punch, Left Punch Combo, some monsters are get pushed back from the Right Punch. The monsters are: Demon(Pinky), Hell Knight, Mancubus.

3) When I cause a fatality to Archvile, the one that rip him in half and then stomp hims, the Doomguy's voice is missing(laughing after the stomp)

--

Sometimes with the Shotvolver they get "kicked" instead killing them. Distance does not matter . Is this normal ?

The MP40 causes the player to "sink" slightly in the ground almost like crouching. This happens ONLY when you have a single Mp40 not dual-wielding.

Jan 1 2019 Anchor

Has this bug been fixed in RC5: Moddb.com

This bug is in BD, not in Eday. I checked BDv21 with old version of Extermination Day (aka Starter Pack) and the IOS still did not appear. Then I did the opposite experiment, I used old BD20b with new version of Extermination Day (edaytestmar27.pk3) and VOILA, the IOS appeared and worked fine (he whooped me bad). (FIXED in RC7)

Edited by: ReaperAA

Jan 1 2019 Anchor

Two bugs here.
Minor Bug with sprinting with the Nuke Launcher in Tactical Mode, the firing sprites show up when you sprint.
Gfycat.com

Another bug, Shotgun guys become Zombieman corpses when you Berserk punch or Berserk Kick them (if they don't hit a wall)

Streamable.com.

Edited by: JMartinez2098

Jan 1 2019 Anchor

E3M1 leg decoration bug

it comes from previous updates actually. the legs in front of the second door. They act as if complete body, you can shoot them like that (down them) and they can stop grenades (reason why I realized)

Jan 1 2019 Anchor

Hey bro can you Add the DOOM E1M1 REMIX from doom 4 in list? Would be really appreciated if so... Thanks and shout me out I showcase brutal doom and I love ur mod :)

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

The Helicopter is plagued with major bugs with landing the helicopter when you are discontinuing use. When you try to exit, you take damage and it would spawn a destroyed helicopter. Sometimes, it would say "Can't Leave From This Direction" but you would still take damage.
Edit: The Helicopter's weapons will also become unusable if this happens.
Gfycat.com

Edited by: JMartinez2098

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

Another bug I discovered. I lost my inventory after turning back into a human form from a demon form. I discovered this in Eday15 when I lost my red skull after turn into a Baron and then returning into a human

Edit: Upon investigation, this bug does not occur in zandronum. It only occurs in GZdoom (3.7.1 is what i used). FIXED in GZdoom 3.7.2

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

*Ancient Arachnotron appears as a regular arachnotron during some animations (after they kill the player and start wandering around, for example, and some flinch animations)

*Female Doomguy makes Male Doomguy's pain noises when taking damage while fists are equipped

Happy New Year! :)

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

Hi, Mark.

Some issues in Zandronum DM:

1. Plasma rifle secondary(charge) shoots though people - seems doesn't do damage at all.

2. Can't pick up and dual-wield second rifle. (Can do it with plasma though)

Edited by: TerroristSvin

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

Marines' plasma bullets hurt you when they hit the wall

why monsters do not give you life when you destroy them?

Edited by: lyhwha

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

When you load Brutal Doom in a Doom 1 mod using Doom.wad and you go to the weapons test map, there are quite a bit missing textures, they are very noticeable like the ground texture and wall textures.

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

floating dust by explotion

Screenshot Doom 20190102 165218

level 15 secret elevator doesn't up

Screenshot Doom 20190102 170609

Screenshot Doom 20190102 170510

and why monsters do not give you life when you destroy them? I think it should be a kind of cool

and i don´t know you guys, but i prefer blood instead lava e3m7

And heavyweapon dude still doesn't leave gun he´s stuck in the wall

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

I would like to report a new bug: the traditional/oldschool shotgun and super shotgun cost twice their normal amount of ammunition to fire (oldschool shotgun should fire 1 shell, but fires 2, and oldschool super shotgun fires 4, but should fire 2.)

I would like to see this bug fixed before the release of v21 please. Thanks

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

There is a bug that happens when running in tactical mode while picking up a red orb that transformers you into a demon. While in the demon form you can run super fast and it will stick even after you change back until you hit the run key again. Although it's fun to exploit I noticed it back in RC3 and just checked to make sure it's still happening in RC5. Can re-create it easily in the weapon test map.

Jan 2 2019 Anchor

there is a bug where you can't get out of helicopter and it creates helicopter destroyed in your own position

so is there any fixes?

Screenshot Doom 20190102 140926

Jan 3 2019 Anchor
ReaperAA wrote:

Another bug I discovered. I lost my inventory after turning back into a human form from a demon form. I discovered this in Eday15 when I lost my red skull after turn into a Baron and then returning into a human

Upon investigation, this bug does not occur in zandronum. It only occurs in GZdoom (3.7.1 is what i used). FIXED in GZdoom 3.7.2

Jan 3 2019 Anchor

i think i was wrong with Dual weild bullets count error, sorry if it is

i don't know if it´s a bug, but...

Screenshot Doom 20190103 145634

Steps sound keeps in metal floor when you had stop (for a while)

water efects go through the walls

Screenshot Doom 20190103 151528

hell knight has an animation where small parts of his body fly out and they have red blood

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.