The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.

Forum Thread
Bolognese 2.0 not fixed yet (Games : Doom : Mods : Brutal Doom : Forum : Bug reporting (Brutal Doom : Bolognese 2.0 not fixed yet) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 8 2018 Anchor

"- Fixed a bug that allowed Arch-Viles to resurrect exploded monsters, making them return as invisible creatures."

Just tried the mod vilecurse 1.3, where monsters can revive each other and ALL monsters that got exploded into pieces came back as invisible ghosts.

I tried it without the mod and it was still the same. Just want to know if this is going to be fixed, or if 2.0 is already the finale version.

cheers

btw, it's not a too big deal. I rarely notice it, but i rather have it working. Maybe you can add an option to block archviles from reviving. It only affects vanilla / vanilla style mods anyway. Just in case it's not fixable.

Edited by: eviltechno

Dec 10 2018 Anchor

It's a problem with Vile Curse, not Bolognese.

Dec 10 2018 Anchor

As you might have seen, one of the first comments on your moddb page already told that this bug still persist.

I also mentioned above that i already tried removing Vile Curse and that it was still the same.

Edited by: eviltechno

Mar 6 2019 Anchor

Hi Mark,

also experiencing this even with Vanilla Doom II MAP11 on 'O' of Destruction. It seems like everytime the original gibbed monster sprite is removed, the Archvile spawns invisible enemies, except for the spectre who's sprite wont be removed when gibbed. Setting Bolo to "always gib" and clipping directly to the Archie should also wake up more than enough monsters to check it out.

I first noticed it in Abysm: Dawn of Innocence, where it has respawning monsters on the main map. Digging a little deeper and testing around for a couple of days, I found it to be Bolognese.

Just in case needed, I'm on GZDoom 3.7.2

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.