The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
NOTE: This addon is for Project Brutality. Don't expect it to work with Brutal Doom. This addon doesn't work all alone and you need to load it AFTER Project Brutality to make it work. And if you are going to use this with UDV or Starter Pack, you need to load the addon after them, too.
Soaped, rinsed, dryed an polished. This addon is made to add lots of new things (mostly sounds), features and fixing some minor bugs.
This overhaul pack includes:
- New sounds for most weapons:
- Compact SMG
- Auto Shotgun
- Grenade Launcher
- Super Grenade Launcher
- Plasma Gun
- M2 Plasma Gun
- Black Hole Generator
- New sounds for most powerups:
- Double Damage
- Demon Strength Rune
- Demon Morph Rune
- Light Amplificient Visor
- Health Bonus
- New sounds for some monsters:
- Zombies and Sergeants
- Suffering and Trite Elementals
- Mecha Demon
- Locked doors will bleep if you try to open it and fail.
- Recovered startup music from old PB versions.
- Captures marines don't go "MMH ... HAH-HAAA!" when they are released, anymore.
- Reduced one of Doomguy's offend sounds ("F**k you a**hole!") because it was too noisy and annoying.
- Changed sounds of Doomguy.
- Compact SMG and MP40 drop thin pistol magazines instead of thick ones.
- Powerups now floatbob.
- Tweaked the ammo cap 10% for Railgun, 20% for Flame Cannon (25% for flame spewing) and 50% for M2 Plasma Rifle. Ammo cap and consumption have inverted ratio.
- Overhauled weapon tags, removed underlines from some of them.
- Locked doors bleep when you try to open them and fail.
- New sounds for menu.
- New obituaries for some weapons and enemies.
- New pickup messages for some receivable stuff.
- BDv20b style startup.
- Brightmaps for items with lights.
- Changed switch sounds that depend on the type.
- Overhauled fatalities; monsters give fatality health bonus as they are supposed to give:
- New Pistol Guy fatalities: 10 HP
- New Shotgun Guy fatalities: 10 HP
- Zombie Scientist: 10 HP
- Plasma Zombie: 15 HP
- Z-Spec Ops: 10 HP
- Quad Shotgun Zombie: 15 HP
- Assaulter Zombie: 10 HP
- Auto Shotgun Guy: 10 HP
- Hell Trooper: 15 HP
- New Imp fatalities: 10 HP
- Dark Imp: 10 HP
- Mean Demon: 15 HP
- Mecha Demon: 15 HP
- Paladin: 20 HP
- Trite Elementai: 15 HP
- Overlord: 25 HP
- New Archvile fatality: 20 HP
- Flesh Wizard: 50 HP
- Added missing name tags on monsters (For UDV enemy bar).
- Changed difficulty names and messages:
- "Power Fantasy" > "I'm too young to die"
- "Can I play daddy?" > "I Can Win"
- "Harsh" > "Bring It On"
- "Brutal" > "Hurt Me Plenty"
- "12 on 10 Point Scale Of Bad" > "Hardcore"
- "I'm a Man and a Half" > "Superhuman"
- "I AM THE PAINKILLER!!!" > "I am Death Incarnate!"
- "Last Man on Earth" > "NIGHTMARE!!!"
- Extra powerup patch that makes the game spawn better and stronger powerups in the later levels. These are:
- Life Sphere: Gives 300 HP.
- Ultra Sphere: Gives 300 HP and AP.
- Black Armor: Gives 300 AP with 90% damage absorb.
- Strong health/armor charges: Gives 5 HP / AP.
- Quad Damage Sphere: Quadruples damage.
- Carnage Sphere (ultra-rare): Invulnerability, quad damage, fire rate, high speed and jump, 300 HP and AP.
- Additional upgrade spawn patch that makes backpacks hold 1 item and combat backpacks hold 1 item and 1 weapon upgrade.
- Smart Scavenger patch which is fully compatible with PB and Saegiru's UAC Survival Pack.
= FILE DESCRIPTI>
"PB_Overhaul_Pack 2.03.pk3": The main file, obviously.
"PBO_Extra_Powerups.pk3": Alternative stronger versions of some powerups that spawn along with them.
"PBO_Old_HMG_Patch.pk3": Brings HMG spin feature back from older versions of Project Brutality.
"PBO_UDV_Compatibility.pk3": Makes radar and a few minor stuff work properly.
"PBO_Underbarrel_Grenade_Launcher.pk3": Features a 5th upgrade, an underbarrel grenade launcher for DMR. Uses HE Grenades.
"PBO_New_Upgrade_System.pk3": Makes backpacks contain usable items. It also makes combat backpacks contain weapon upgrades. Recommended for Ultimate Doom or short wads.
"PBO_New_Upgrade_System_UGL.pk3": Same as above, this one contains underbarrel grenade launcher additionally. Load them seperately!
"PBO_Smart_Scavenger.pk3": amv2k9's Smart Scavenger edited particularly for Project Brutality. It also contains Saegiru's Smart Medikits from UAC Survival Pack: Moddb.com
Other Smart Scavenger extensions are also for other UAC Survival Pack addons.
Let me know if I didn't add any changed content here. Or I may add more new things on enough demand.