The goal of BattleGroup-Frontlines is to shift the players of Battlefield 2 back to the Eastern Front of the Second World War. BattleGroup-Frontlines will feature an extremely authentic atmosphere. Features include: - Historically accurate vehicles, aircraft, and weapons - Realistic and accurate sounds - Realistic weapon aiming and firing physics - Famous battlefields Our team’s goal of realism is an ambitious one, with the need of incorporating accurate striking powers and ranges of weapons. Naturally, a few things will need to be amended for the sake of quality gameplay. We believe that it is possible to incorporate both incredible realism and exciting gameplay, and BattleGroup-Frontlines will achieve that balance. In BattleGroup-Frontlines, you are given the option of playing as one of several great nations: Russia, the German Reich and Hungary (in later releases). Smaller countries will also be involved, but not as the primary players.
Battlegroup Frontlines v1.05b client download - 1.24 GB.
# BGF Changelog v1.05 public Beta Release --- as of September 25th 2008
### [I]AI Changes ###
* Added Dnamro's AI fix so that the cannon fodder is less stupid.
* Re-coded AI to make them even better (they really kick asses now).
* Singleplayer support added for all (!) maps.
* A lot of major and minor AI fixes - just too many to mention them all.
### [II] Gameplay Changes ###
* Name Tags - Reactivated, friends now visible within 35m and when pointing on them, enemies fade in after 20secs, fade out after 2secs.
* Jump Height - Increased.
* Kits adjusted
* Medic - Got a rifle and morphine.
* Officer - HE grenades removed.
* Overall Speed - Increased.
* Fence - Collision changed, player can now crawl under if too high to jump over.
* All vehicles - Materials fixed, sounds and effects are now working correctly.
* All vehicles - Speed increased.
* Flakvierling 38 - Entry radius increased
* Flakvierling 38 - Rate of fire decreased to correct value.
* M1939 37mm AA - Entry radius increased
* Stationary PaKs/AT Guns - Now controlled by mouse.
* Stationary PaKs/AT Guns are now able to attack hostiles on lower levels than the gun itself is placed.
* Stationary Weapons - Ammo now limited.
* BA-6 - Crash fixed when selecting other ammo.
* Tracer-System re-enabled and fixed (tanks, planes, weapons)
* Added morphine syrette for medics
* Added shovel for the Soviets
* Decreased amount of clips for all pistols
* Reload time of Tokarev now fits to animation
* 30sec Dynamite removed
* Increased ammo of 15sec TNT (+1)
* Increased explosion radius of dynamite - you better get in cover before it blows up.
* Added PTRD-41 for the Soviets (to attack light armoured tanks and vehicles).
* Added Panzerbüchse 783r for the Germans (to attack light armoured tanks and vehicles).
### [III] HUD Changes ###
* Weapons - Added new icons for class and weapons selection.
* New tank HUDs - not available in 1.05
### [IV] Map Changes ###
* Borisovka Bahnstation - Heavy vehicles locked for enemies.
* Crossing the Dnjepr 1943 - Changed back to a day map, increased performance, heavy vehicles and planes locked for enemies.
* Day of Barbarossa - Heavy vehicles locked for enemies.
* Fall 1943 - Map added.
* Kharkov - Supply points for planes added, fixed broken spawn points for bots, heavy vehicles and planes locked for enemies.
* Kursk - Removed vegetation from cliff faces, Removed 16 and 64 player, heavy vehicles and planes locked for enemies.
* On the Road to Stalingrad - Heavy vehicles locked for enemies.
* Operation Citadel - Removed statics, added new plants, increased performance.
* Strike at Memel River - Easier start for the Germans, heavy vehicles locked for enemies.
* The Way East - Removed.
* Uman Pocket - Decreased size of map, increased performance, concrete barriers fixed, Soviet AA placed correctly, heavy vehicles and planes locked for enemies.
### [V] Sound Changes ###
* German Team - Added new voices for the general infantry.
* WarFront music replaced with Battlegroup music to get the old BG42 feeling back.
* Added several new sounds for trucks, tanks and weapons.
* New music while loading a map.
### [VI] Known Issues ###
* No online compatibility with BF2 patch 1.5 (SP works fine)
Installation: Execute the setup file, the installer finds the path to your Battlefield2 installation automatically. After the installation is done successfully, start the mod with the created desktop/start menu shortcut and enjoy it.