This version is archived. See "Downloads" section for a new version of BF2HC.
IMPORTANT! Since it is SFX-archive, your anti-virus may damage it. It's recommended to disable any anti-virus software before downloading the mod.
What's new in this version:
- Changes made to machine guns on Tunguska and PGZ-95 to make them more balanced compared to aircrafts.
- Added zoom to stationary AT weapons (C key by default) and APC firing ports (right mouse button).
- Simrad now works correclty and can mark up ground targets for jets.
- Machine guns with explosive rounds were added to Mi-17 and Z-8 transport helicopters for better balance with Black Hawk.
- Fixed local messages issue.
- Improved spotting system: "fake" spot is not possible now.
- Heavy jeeps now take damage from .50 caliber machine guns.
- Fixed texture for engineer's icon on minimap.
- Hitmarker texture is perfectly centered on the screen.
- Prevented use of missile bug on jets (called "No lock"), which provided 100% chance of hitting enemy aircraft (about bug).
- Slightly increased armor level of boats, so now they have a small chance to survive tank shell or Eryx/SRAW missile hit (however it deals critical damage to them).
- Added support for vehicles from "Armoured Fury" booster pack (A10, Su39, WZ11, EC635, Littlebird, Fantan Q-5 and two civilian cars).
- Enhanced visual effects of bullet hits, explosions, missile trails, muzzle flashes.
Patch for old PCs was updated too, so if you use it — you need to refresh your files.
How to install:
Launch BF2Hardcore_2.1.5.exe, choose your Battlefield 2 installation directory and press Extract.
You don't need to copy maps from vanilla game anymore. BF2HC uses default map files from main game directory.