This Tutorial will teach you how to Install Wars of Liberty into your Age of Empires 3.
Join our Steam Group to find other Wars of Liberty players: Join Here
Join our Discord Server: Join Here
If you play on a UNIX like OS (like Mac OS or Linux) Read Here on how to install the mod
What you need:
- The Installer (Click here)
- The updater (Click here for Windows updater)
- In order to use the latest updater, you need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed in your PC. You can download it here in Java.com
- If you have saved cities/have played Age of Empires 3 on the current computer you're installing the mod on
i) go to "....\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\" copy and put the 'savegame' folder in a safe place
ii) then to to "...\Documents\My Games\" and delete the 'Age of Empires 3' folder
- If you have had Throne Room installed, you want to uninstall it, and delete the throne room folder and Wars of Liberty folder it created in your Age of Empires 3 directory.
- Install/reinstall Age of Empires 3 (a fresh install is recommend to minimize any mod installation errors)(HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
- After game installation, startup 'Age of Empires 3, then war-chiefs and then The Asian dynasties'.
- Each time you run the game edit some setting to your liking
- Exit the game. Then continue to the installation
- Run the installer
- A window will appear asking if you want to install WOL in to the detected directory or if you will like to install it into another directory (the install will automatically copy the aoe3 files over to the directory of your choice)
- Follow the installers intructions
- Once finished installing run the updater to check for any new available update
Post install (optional)
- Get the "savegame" folder that you saved earlier
- Move it back to "....\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\"
- If you want to play with your vanilla game cities on War of Liberty you can also move it to "....\Documents\My Games\Wars of Liberty\"
- Add as a non-steam game on steam, to play Wars of Liberty via steam
- Get the Building Rotation mini-mod (optional) Here
...and that's all! Enjoy Wars of Liberty!
Ai's not doing anything? Click Here to find out what Civs have working AI