Imagine an alternate history in which the great empires of the Bronze, Iron, and Classical Ages survived thoroughly the centuries into the Medieval Period to vie for domination with those who would eventually arise from their ashes.
In this mod you can rule great civilizations from every corner of the globe and lead them on their path to empire. From the mighty War Elephants of Carthage to the Legions of their Roman rivals, to the innumerable armies of the anchient Persian and Chinese empires and the mighty Macedonian Phalanx you can take command of their forces an defend their empires against the barbarian hordes. If you wish to take a different approach however, you can choose to lead the tribal factions such as the Hillfort building Celts of Northern Europe, fervent warriors Africa and the majestic pyramid builders of the Americas and transform them into the glorious kingdoms of the English, Mali, Aztecs, Mayans, Inca, French, Russian, Danish, Scottish or Germans.
There's always a choice however, you may wish to reject the ways of the civilized world and lead your subjects to become Viking raiders, the nomadic Sioux or the jungle dwelling Tupi or Muisca living on the fringes of the civilized world.
But which ever decision you make, choose wisely because the benefits and disadvantages of each civilization can ultimately be the difference between victory and defeat.
I believe I’ve asked all of the owners of these graphics in the comments where I got them in the blacksmith, but if I haven’t and you don’t want me to use them just let me know and I’ll take them out. I will also give credits for each person who's work I get permission to use soon,
I've decided to compile a mod which changes much of the structure of the game in a way that will make it very different yet familiar at the same time. May main aim is to try to incorporate elements of all four of the Age of Empires games made by the franchise while adding my own twists here and there.
The mod is set beginning in the Bronze Age progressing through the Iron Age, Classical Age and up into the Medieval Age.
The concept of a civilization is much different in this mod as it is in any of the Age of Empires games as the player has many more options during the game to choose and alter his civilization. As the player progresses through the ages he has the ability to choose what route he wants his civilization to go. For example the a player who begins as the Mesopotamians may choose to evolve into either Hittite or Minoan culture. If they choose Minoan for the Bronze Age they may then choose between Greek and Roman for the Iron Age. If they choose Roman here they then have the options of the Italians and the Spanish for the Medieval Period.
Other Major Changes:
- The system of "aging up" is changed in this mod as well. In order to age you must construct a wonder unique to the culture your wish to progress into. These wonders cost stone rather than food and gold (for all ages) which, among a few other minor changes, makes the possibility of skirmishes in the 1st age (Bronze Age) a little more likely. These wonders offer unique techs/units for all cultures and often act as unique buildings, etc.
- In the 1st age (Bronze Age) the archery range becomes available following the construction of a barracks. Also a new Militia unit (created very quickly at the town center) can aid in Bronze Age rushes and defense.
- Many new units; unique units for each culture as you rise through the ages.
- New unit class organization (ex. crossbowmen and archers separated; also lancer/heavy cavalry added and have different strengths from traditional AoC cavalry)
- Siege and other units are more historically accurately distributed (ex. the American and Polynesian civs, among others, lack powerful siege such as Trebuchets)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.