You do not need to download this if you installed AoA 5.0 AFTER February 20th, 2021 as main 5.0 files have been updated with this fix.
Not Save game compatible with 5.0 or previous versions, start a new game after installing patch.
- This is a patch, you will need full version to play.
Warning: Not Save game compatible with 5.0 or previous versions! If you ran AoA 5.0 and load that save game into this patch you will experience bugs and crashes. You will need to start a new game, only install once you are ready for a new game.
- Fixed a native bug that didn't release prisoners of defeated factions. This caused lords to join player's kingdom, but were unable to come to court and talk to
player because they were still a prisoner.
- Fixed Yule / mid-winder festivals from not spawning in player kingdom.
- Fixed a bug in Beltane festival.
- Fixed a small bug if your court was at a built village and village was lost
- Fixed calling pagan temples shrines in towns.
- Fixed men dying during winter siege if time set to quick seasons and season not winter.
- Fixed priest giving wrong festival description if using quick time progression seasons
- Fixed getting spy killed message if your spy has already returned safe
- Fixed child names getting too long from adding every generation before them to their last name, from now on child names will only be first name and ONE family name (mother or father)
- Fixed another native issue with cause provocation quest
- Fixed an issue with village elder festival quest if during spring and using quick time progression seasons
- Fixed a possible bug with Rome quest final letter not closing.
- Fixed a possible bug with Saxon invasion not spawning entire invasion force
- Fixed irish / briton yule festival spawning Samian people
- Fixed a new bug with rebellion scripts
- Fixed/tweaked trial dialog outcomes a bit
- - 5.1 fix fixed missing tavern keeper in first upgraded town from village
- Other minor polishing and tweaks.
- Your minister will now randomly ask if you want another crown made if you are a ruler and lost it somewhere (sold or captured by enemy) - (5000 coins)
- Game now keeps track of leader names so if an heir takes over a faction with the same name as a past ruler they will have the appropriate roman numeral added after their name, eg. Arthur II,
Arthur III etc. (currently only works for NPC factions and only applies to faction rulers)
- Gewissae will now change their name to Wessex at the appropriate time in history.
To install, extract, copy and past text file contents over your existing AoA 5.0 version text files and replace, copy the 1 file in SceneObj folder and past/replace it into your SceneObj folder in AoA 5.0.